Windows 10: Change the display resolution

Discus and support Change the display resolution in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to change the display resolution from 1366 X 768 to 1920 X 1080. How can I do that? In my system OS is Windows 10 Home and the highest display... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SusantaDatta1, Jun 2, 2020.

1. Change the display resolution

I want to change the display resolution from 1366 X 768 to 1920 X 1080. How can I do that?

In my system OS is Windows 10 Home and the highest display resolution is appearing as 1366 X 768.

:)

SusantaDatta1, Jun 2, 2020

2. Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Jun 2, 2020
  3. Help! Windows 10 changed my resolution and can't see anything!!

Hi Etan,

We appreciate you for being part of Windows 10.

Monitors can support resolutions that are lower than their native resolutions, but text won't look as sharp and the display might be small, centered on the screen, edged with black, or stretched. It is recommended to set the screen resolution of the display
    to the (Recommended) native resolution to get the best display on your monitor. Your screen resolution needs to be at least
    1024x768 to have multiple windows and apps on your screen at the same time.

Kindly follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to set the Display Resolution on your monitor to the recommended level. Follow the below steps

• Open the Start menu and type Settings in the search bar.
    • Click on System and select Display.
    • Make sure that you have set the Change the size of the text, apps and other items to 100%
      recommended.
    • Click on Advanced display settings.
    • Select the monitor and make sure that you have selected Resolution
      to 1920*1080 Recommended.
    If the issue still persists, then follow the below method.

Method 2:

I suggest you to update the display adapter then try to change the screen resolution.

Follow the steps given below to uninstall and reinstall the display drivers.  

• Press Windows key + X and select Device Manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters and expand it.
    • Right click on the Display Adapters and select Uninstall.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact the manufacturer to download the latest display adapters.

Kindly let us know if you need any further assistance with Windows. We are glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Kiran Kishore, Jun 2, 2020
  4. Change the display resolution

Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 2, 2020
Thema:

Change the display resolution

1. Change the display resolution - Similar Threads - Change display resolution

2. Display Resolution Stuck, can't change it

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Display Resolution Stuck, can't change it: My friend has been using this computer and monitor for over a year now, and all of a sudden his monitor display resolution changed and got stuck on 1024x768. We have been looking through guides but can't find something that fixes his problem. Any help would be greatly...
  3. I cant change the display resolution

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant change the display resolution: i tried updating the drivers and other stuff it isnt working please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-change-the-display-resolution/d71ae491-5b09-486e-a0c2-21634e5dad29
  4. Changing display size instead of resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing display size instead of resolution?: Dear Microsoft,Is it possible to change display sizing without changing resolution?To illustrate my issue is that screen 1 is my 15,6 inch 1080p laptop and screen 2 is my 32 inch 720p tv.I want my cursor to stay on the same height on both screens when moving it over but it...
  5. Changing display size instead of resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing display size instead of resolution?: Dear Microsoft,Is it possible to change display sizing without changing resolution?To illustrate my issue is that screen 1 is my 15,6 inch 1080p laptop and screen 2 is my 32 inch 720p tv.I want my cursor to stay on the same height on both screens when moving it over but it...
  6. cannot change display resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cannot change display resolution: I have a Lenovo laptop and I am trying to change my display resolutions in display settings> advanced display settings> display adapter properties> list all modes. it lets me select a different resolution, but it just waits 15 seconds and reverts when I apply it. The...
  7. cannot change display resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    cannot change display resolution: I have a Lenovo laptop and I am trying to change my display resolutions in display settings> advanced display settings> display adapter properties> list all modes. it lets me select a different resolution, but it just waits 15 seconds and reverts when I apply it. The...
  8. Display resolution on monitor changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display resolution on monitor changing: When I use "Extend" when after pressing Win + P, my monitor resolution is fine. But then when I close the laptop lid or make it "Second screen only" the resolution becomes worse. Not really sure how it started or when but I am sure it wasn't always like this. I will attach a...
  9. Display Resolution - automatically change

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Resolution - automatically change: I have a Lenovo Yoga C940 2-in-1. Is there a way to automatically change the display resolution (or the size of text, apps…) when switching between laptop mode and tablet mode? I like a higher resolution in laptop mode and larger text size for my fingers in tablet mode. Seems...
  10. Worried About Changing Display Resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Worried About Changing Display Resolution: Hi, I was taking a look at different display resolutions, and I wanted to see how it looked on my desktop before it automatically reverted back to my previous one, so I minimized it, but it instantly reverted. My worry is that I didn't click the actual revert button, so...