Windows 10: Change the DuckDuckGo page?

Discus and support Change the DuckDuckGo page? in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I like using DuckDuckGo, but their webpage is loaded with... junk. Does anyone know of a way to remove all that stuff that ISN'T in the BLUE box?... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Ghot, Jun 4, 2021.

1. Ghot Win User

Change the DuckDuckGo page?

I like using DuckDuckGo, but their webpage is loaded with... junk. Does anyone know of a way to remove all that stuff that ISN'T in the BLUE box? Thanks.

:)

Ghot, Jun 4, 2021
  2. Rohn007 Win User

DuckDuckGo

DuckDuckGo is an alternate front end for Google. They claim to not store user info so they don't use it to filter searchs, there no advertising. In theory it should be faster. Here is the wiki page for it:
    DuckDuckGo - Wikipedia

I don't know why it would pop up at random. It can be set as the default search engine, but that is an all the time setting.

Rohn007, Jun 4, 2021
  3. golfer78 Win User
    DuckDuckGo

What is DuckDuckGo popup when using Google

golfer78, Jun 4, 2021
  4. WiIfred P Win User

How do I install DuckDuckGo as my web browser?

Hi John,

This is Wil, one of the independent advisor, an expert with Windows 10 and a fellow Windows 10 user like you.

DuckDuckGo is a search engine that provides extra security for its user. You cannot install it as a browser. What you can do is set the DuckDuckGo website as the startup page for your browser so each time that you will open your browser, it will open DuckDuckGo
    right away. If you are using Edge, follow the steps below.

1. Open Edge and click on the three dots (...) at the upper-right part of it.

2. Click on Settings and click on "On Startup" at the left pane.

3. Click the radio button for Open a specific page or pages and click on Add a new page and paste the DuckDuckGo URL or link on it
    DuckDuckGo — Privacy, simplified.

4. Close and relaunch Edge.

I hope the information I provided will help you. If you need further assistance please do reply back and I will respond as quickly as possible. Have a nice day.

Thanks,

Wilfred P.

Independent Advisor

WiIfred P, Jun 4, 2021
Thema:

1. Change the DuckDuckGo page? - Similar Threads - Change DuckDuckGo page

2. DuckDuckGo vs Google search

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DuckDuckGo vs Google search: Let's say I am tired of ads showing up on my regular browse, like reading newspaper on line, would switching to DDG resolve the issue of being tracked. Would DDG search result as good as Google? Appreciate any comments and education.
  3. HOW CAN I INSTALL DUCKDUCKGO BROWSER INTO WINDOW 10 LIKE DUCKDUCKGO APPLICATION IN WINDOW 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HOW CAN I INSTALL DUCKDUCKGO BROWSER INTO WINDOW 10 LIKE DUCKDUCKGO APPLICATION IN WINDOW 10: I WANT A DUCKDUCKGO APPLICATION IN MY WINDOW 10 COMPUTER https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-install-duckduckgo-browser-into-window/54c610bb-79e6-49ec-abd6-43dc946a0482
  4. The rise of DuckDuckGo

in Browsers and Email
    The rise of DuckDuckGo: The rise of DuckDuckGo because of people doesn't want being tracking online. I still prefer Google what do you think guys? 184186
  5. Settings Page Changed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Settings Page Changed: I had Sign in and windows update restore browser etc but they have gone after the lastest updates. They were there till 19043.899How to I get them back. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/settings-page-changed/c0304473-e1f2-4acd-b074-632cfde2cfcd
  6. DuckDuckGo censors results

in Browsers and Email
    DuckDuckGo censors results: Of all the search engines, I'd always imagined Google + Bing to be more censorious than DuckDuckGo - indeed Google gets millions of requests a year to not list pirate material. For some reason, I thought DDG more liberal - wrong ! Today, something jogged my memory and I did...
  7. DuckDuckGo vs. Google Fail

in Browsers and Email
    DuckDuckGo vs. Google Fail: I switched to Duck about 6 + months ago after reading about Duck's improved privacy search criteria but I have come to find out that more often then not Duck's search does not lead to the results that I am looking for. Now I am the first to admit that I might be "searching"...
  8. Changing page numbers

Changing page numbers: How can I change page numbers in Word 365 so that they look like 2.2-1, 2.2-2? Thank you https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-page-numbers/ea849eab-53e9-44ad-851c-b81f3d75930c
  9. changing home page

changing home page: How can I change my home page back to google without using the non-existent tool bar? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-home-page/77d5e6bf-fe6c-47d9-b27a-b933e9a4c900
  10. How is it this article works with DuckDuckGo but not with Bing?

in Browsers and Email
    How is it this article works with DuckDuckGo but not with Bing?: This article reports your browser does not support this video. s wife addresses Trump as she heads back to Mexico [img] When I use Edge as my default browser & its default search provider Bing? --- I get the same issue trying to use Internet Explorer Latest Windows Update...