Windows 10: change the filter that adjusts color for light

Discus and support change the filter that adjusts color for light in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; change my start screen back to color not black and white... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by heathermarsh1, Jan 19, 2020.

1. change the filter that adjusts color for light

change my start screen back to color not black and white

:)

heathermarsh1, Jan 19, 2020

2. Color tones or white balance

Hi Dillon, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

I think the night mode is enabled on your PC so you can see the warmer color on the display.

I suggest that you follow the steps

Settings

Device

Display and toggle off the Night light setting

If it doesn’t help, I’d suggest you change the desktop theme.

Sometimes computers automatically adjust screen brightness on the basis of the current lighting conditions. I recommend that you go to the Display settings and under Brightness and color search for the Change brightness automatically when lighting changes check
    box and then select it to use this feature.

Martin Jenkinss, Jan 19, 2020
  3. Chris._ Win User
    Custom color filters

I have been using the Windows 10 native "Invert" color filter at work so that I can read white text against a black background. The unfortunately consequence of this is that all the colors are inverted as well. (eg blue becomes orange, green becomes purple,
    etc)

I am wondering if there is a way to create my own custom color filter transformation matrix so that I can preserve colors. If not then it's also acceptable for an equivalent method that basically only inverts the brightness but preserves the colors. (eg
    dark blue becomes light blue, dark green becomes light green, etc)

I am aware of third party apps that can do this. I am not allowed to use those at work so it has to be something native to windows 10.

Chris._, Jan 19, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

change the filter that adjusts color for light

Colors looking grey in Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the colors look grey on your computer. I would suggest you to check the color filters in Settings and see if that helps. Kindly, refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + U, to open
      Ease of Access Settings
    2. Now, select Color filters from the left pane.
    3. Under Use color filters, toggle the switch to
      off for Turn on color filters.
    4. Clear the check box for Allow the shortcut key to toggle filter on or off.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Jan 19, 2020
Thema:

change the filter that adjusts color for light

1. change the filter that adjusts color for light - Similar Threads - change filter adjusts

2. Continuation of "Custom Color Filters"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Continuation of "Custom Color Filters": A few years ago someone posted the question of custom color filters with no external programs https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/custom-color-filters/080326b4-46b2-4f71-b88b-8b23939c3330. @vijay A. Verma stated that a third party app would be the only...
  3. Blue light filter malfunction

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue light filter malfunction: Good Morning, I have noticed i cant adjust my blue light filter in my Lenovo Legion y740. Any advice? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/blue-light-filter-malfunction/494627a4-5cff-44df-b916-20f58777df3b
  4. Night light blue light filter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night light blue light filter: Hi, I have become very concerned about blue light, and finally found the Night Light setting in the windows display options. I set the strength to maximum, but am wondering, what percentage of blue light am I filtering at this maximum strength? 100%? 80%? Thank you...
  5. Nightlight/Blue-light filter

Nightlight/Blue-light filter: I have a question about the Nightlight/Blue-light filter option for windows10. I use my computer a lot on daily base including at even/night. And mainly have the filter ''on'' at a strength of 20%. I hoped to have any suggestions on what strength would be most fitting for a...
  6. Taskbar is too light.... Unable to change color

Taskbar is too light.... Unable to change color: Taskbar is too light.... Unable to change color https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-is-too-light-unable-to-change-color/0aa01766-df74-4845-960e-55e30d1015ec
  7. Taskbar suddenly changed color to light

Taskbar suddenly changed color to light: Hi, suddenly and without any explicit action taken place, my taskbar color changed color from black/dark to white/light. How come? And how to get it back to black without changing theme. (I'm using a Windows 5 images standard theme, see below.) Thanks! [ATTACH]...
  8. Custom color filters

Custom color filters: I have been using the Windows 10 native "Invert" color filter at work so that I can read white text against a black background. The unfortunately consequence of this is that all the colors are inverted as well. (eg blue becomes orange, green becomes purple, etc) I am...
  9. Color adjustment

Color adjustment: Help! I've made a total mess of the color settings trying to get a better image. I'd be better off if I could put them back to the original settings. Can anyone tell me How to reset the color setting without messing anything else up?...
  10. No Access to Night Light/Blue Light Filter Options

in Windows 10 Support
    No Access to Night Light/Blue Light Filter Options: Alright, so I just got Windows 10 today, and the automatic blue light is really bothering me. I looked everywhere for a way to turn it off, but where ever I looked I found nothing. It seems that no setting to change the blue light filter exists on my computer. Windows...