Windows 10: Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the...

Discus and support Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Brother MFC-J470DW that I am adding to my HP Compaq 6000 Pro Microtower running on Windows 10 Pro. I don't know how to change the firewall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MarieSanabria, Mar 25, 2021.

1. Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the...

I have a Brother MFC-J470DW that I am adding to my HP Compaq 6000 Pro Microtower running on Windows 10 Pro.

I don't know how to change the firewall port settings.

:)

MarieSanabria, Mar 25, 2021

2. Cannot keep Network Discovery Enabled.

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

I would suggest that you change the settings in the Firewall to allow Network discovery so that the Firewall stays On while allowing the Network discovery to be enabled.

Follow the steps.

a . Open Control panel.

b. Small icons from the drop down.

c. Click on Windows Firewall.

d. Click on Allow programs or feature through Firewall.

e. Scroll the list and check Network Discovery.

If you need additional assistance then let us know.

Ruth Buruga, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Help needed with simple wired network

Step one- Connect all PC's to router, and then the router to the modem. PC's go to router by the ports labeled "1-4" on the back of the router. WAN port goes to router. Power up all network equipment, and then systems.
    Step two- Power on the computer connected to port one. Go into router settings at 192.168.0.1 and configure internet, dyndns, firewall, etc.
    Step three- Go to "network set up wizard" in windows. (Network places- network set up wizard). The rest is self explanatory.
    Step four- right click on each drive and printer you want to share, and then configure sharing preferences. Should be easy enough.
    Step five- right click my computer, and the select "map network drive". Using the network address for each piece of hardware you shared, assign network drive letters.

Congratulations, you have a fully operational network. Happy Gaming! *Toast :toast:

zekrahminator, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the...

music port not connecting to network

my nuvo music port is showing in the devices list but not connecting to my network. I am using windows 10 and Norton firewall

JENIX DEV SINGH ANBIAH, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the...

1. Change the Firewall port settings to enable network connection and continue with the... - Similar Threads - Change Firewall port

2. Firewall not enabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Firewall not enabling: Yesterday suddenly I got a pop-up saying that my firewall was disabled so I went to check it out, going there led me to the control panel where it said that settings are not what microsoft recommends, so I clicked on the button to change but I got the error saying that it...
  3. Firewall not enabling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Firewall not enabling: Yesterday suddenly I got a pop-up saying that my firewall was disabled so I went to check it out, going there led me to the control panel where it said that settings are not what microsoft recommends, so I clicked on the button to change but I got the error saying that it...
  4. Firewall not enabling

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Network firewall setting is blocking connection to the internet HP laptop

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network firewall setting is blocking connection to the internet HP laptop: I was not having any problems at all. I ran the HP network diagnostics and it said there was no problem.like they say: "don't fix it if it aint broken"Other devices have no problem connecting to the wifi.Today I tried to connect to the wifi and could not.I ran the HP...
  6. Windows firewall and ports

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows firewall and ports: Dear all I have some questions regarding Windows Firewall and Ports 1. How do I best close Ports in Windows? With the Outbound / Indbound firewall rules? 2. Deleting a rule is that the same as if is not activated? Or does it get activated when the App requests it? 3. League...
  7. configure firewall and security settings for a private network of connected computers

configure firewall and security settings for a private network of connected computers: I am trying to connect my brother mfc printer. I work for a non profit business and we have 2 computers that are hardwired from the printer to the router. WHAT DO MY FIREWALL AND SECURITY SETTINGS NEED TO BE IN ORDER TO MAKE SURE MY DEVICE IS CONNECTED PROPERLY TO A NETWORK,...
  8. music port not connecting to network

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    music port not connecting to network: my nuvo music port is showing in the devices list but not connecting to my network. I am using windows 10 and Norton firewall https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-port-not-connecting-to-network/a1796c70-05e5-4574-8afd-9e7ea2eb1a0a
  9. continually get error message not connected - change in network

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    continually get error message not connected - change in network: keep getting not connected message - need to refresh constantly - error message network change https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/continually-get-error-message-not-connected-change/4da504fc-1f40-4488-bcd0-31b7ba09d433
  10. updates change network and firewall settings

updates change network and firewall settings: this is the 3rd update since installing windows 10, and the 3rd time ms has decided to change networking, anti-virus and firewall settings. each time homegroup is turned on, my home network becomes public, network discovery is turned off, all network security settings are...