Windows 10: change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons)

Discus and support change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I use a custom theme and I have almost changed all of the system icons besides them. I know I can not directly modify the shell.32.dll in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by StratosT., Dec 7, 2018.

1. StratosT. Win User

change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons)

Hello. I use a custom theme and I have almost changed all of the system icons besides them. I know I can not directly modify the shell.32.dll in windows 10, so I change the icons in shell32.dll.mui (this way, as I know from personalizations forum, it works) but I do not know exactly the location I need to place the newly modified shell32.dll.mui. I only have one such file in the Windows / system32 / el-gr ( I ve greek language on Windows),but when I change icons it remains the default. Do you know anything about the subject?

change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons) 8271b34b-f3fb-4d3a-a97d-223065acbe63?upload=true.png

:)

StratosT., Dec 7, 2018

2. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I want to change a few folders icons and fix the icon to the folder so if its moved to other computers the icon wont change is there any way of doing this thanks,

Live OR Die, Dec 7, 2018
  3. Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

I don't undestand what you are asking, but cool sig by the way *Rockout :rockout:

douglatins, Dec 7, 2018
  4. change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons)

Changing and locking a custom icon to a folder?

thanks, well i know how to change a folder icon i just want to know a way i can make it stick permanently so i can more it with out the folder converting back to the default icon.

dont worry i found how

Live OR Die, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons)

1. change the icons as regards the view of folders (small, big etc. icons) - Similar Threads - change icons regards

2. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  3. Change Icon in Folder

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Icon in Folder: Hello everyone, recently I tried moving my videos folder to another drive and that ended up changing the icon of that drive, when I try to change it back it doesn't give me the option to change it, can anyone help me? I am on Windows 11. Thanks*** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  4. App icons on dektop small with big background

in Windows 10 Gaming
    App icons on dektop small with big background: Alright, so I moved some apps from the search menu to the desktop via drag and drop and now they appear really small. I know how to change the size, but thats not the problem, the icons are super small but there is a background, which doesnt go away. Can I fix this...
  5. App icons on dektop small with big background

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    App icons on dektop small with big background: Alright, so I moved some apps from the search menu to the desktop via drag and drop and now they appear really small. I know how to change the size, but thats not the problem, the icons are super small but there is a background, which doesnt go away. Can I fix this...
  6. Icon of a folder looks small

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icon of a folder looks small: Hello, I've created a new folder and assigned it an ico picture, as I do with all my folders. For some reason, the picture shows smaller than the rest as you can see, it doesn't cover the whole folder, but it shows little in the centre. I've tried converting the jpg picture...
  7. Windows 10 not showing the actual Icon in small icon view

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 not showing the actual Icon in small icon view: Hi there, after looking for hours on Google to resolve my Issue, I decided to try my luck here. Because I haven't had any luck so far. The problem: [img] On the left you see my file explorer Windows 10 latest update (2004/19041) [on 1903 I had the same issue] . On right...
  8. Viewing icons in folders?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Viewing icons in folders?: Some jpg files show actual image in icon, other jpg files show generic file icon. It changes from refresh to refresh. Is anyone else having this issue? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/viewing-icons-in-folders/91743be2-2103-45fb-a21d-33d923283482"
  9. Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View"

Changing the "Tiles" icon size in "Default Folder View": I was wondering if there was a way to change the size of "tiles" in Windows 10? Not the start menu tiles but the tiles that are displayed under the "View" option for files and folders. I'd only want to be doing this specifically for the "My PC" folder in file explorer as I...
  10. Change folder icon

Change folder icon: Hi, I wrote a batch script to set a custom icon to folders: ECHO [.ShellClassInfo]>%1\desktop.in_ ECHO IconResource=C:\Windows\system32\imageres.dll,22>>%1\desktop.in_ move %1\desktop.in_ %1\desktop.ini attrib +S +H %1\desktop.ini The desktop.ini it produces is...