Windows 10: change the icons to folders located on a network hdd (readyshare)

Discus and support change the icons to folders located on a network hdd (readyshare) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; is it possible to change the icons on network folders? i have a usb external hdd connected to my router via usb 3.0 (Readyshare) i want to use custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by sliyknight, Oct 8, 2015.

1. change the icons to folders located on a network hdd (readyshare)

is it possible to change the icons on network folders? i have a usb external hdd connected to my router via usb 3.0 (Readyshare) i want to use custom icons for the folders for it is that possible ? when i had it plugged directly to my windows 7 pc i had customized all the icons, when plugged into my windows 10 laptop only some showed. now plugged into my router none show? any help is appreciated

:)

sliyknight, Oct 8, 2015

2. Shared drive "disappeared"!!

All of a sudden, my READYSHARE drive does not show in my Network list. I can still access the drive by clicking on a recently used folder. How can I get it to "reappear"???

OfficeManager1848, Oct 8, 2015
  3. Documents folder location won't change back

So I have 3 hdds, c, d, and e. I was trying to change the location of my document folder over from c to its own folder in my d drive. By mistake I made my d drive it's location now it won't let me change it back to its original location in c. The whole
    hdd is its location, it doesn't have its own folder, how can it's fix this?

Expiredmagik, Oct 8, 2015
Thema:

change the icons to folders located on a network hdd (readyshare)

1. change the icons to folders located on a network hdd (readyshare) - Similar Threads - change icons folders

2. Changing folder location to a network drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder location to a network drive on Windows 11: We have a non-networked computer that I'm trying to redirect the Documents and Downloads folder to a network folder. The first time I changed the location it asked me for network credentials to connect. The credentials I put in were wrong and it didn't let me change them....
  3. Changing folder location to a network drive on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing folder location to a network drive on Windows 11: We have a non-networked computer that I'm trying to redirect the Documents and Downloads folder to a network folder. The first time I changed the location it asked me for network credentials to connect. The credentials I put in were wrong and it didn't let me change them....
  4. Changing folder location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing folder location: Can I change the location of folders that I have made up in the default videos program to a drive that I have also made from a simple volume?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-location/7c53fd1a-117d-4841-92ec-e3c8272430a7
  5. Changing folder location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing folder location: Can I change the location of folders that I have made up in the default videos program to a drive that I have also made from a simple volume?Kenneth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-folder-location/7c53fd1a-117d-4841-92ec-e3c8272430a7
  6. If I change a network folder icon, does it change for all?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    If I change a network folder icon, does it change for all?: Hello, I am looking to change the icons of a folder in a shared network for myself. I do not want the custom icons to be visible for anyone else. If I update the icon, will that propagate to everyone? If so, is there a way to change the icon only for myself?...
  7. Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC

Networking not showing Readyshare Connections under NETWORK or THIS PC: Since updating my Windows 10 Pro to Version 1909, I am no longer able to access the \\READYSHARE Drive on my PC. When I attempt to input \\READYSHARE path into the address bar, an error message 'Windows cannot access \\READYSHARE, error code 0x80004005' is displayed. I...
  8. Folder locations between ssd and hdd

Folder locations between ssd and hdd: So i have a dillema. I thought i had all my problems figured out with my laptop storage locations between a ssd and hhd when i got it. I took the easy route and went under settings, system, storage, then clicked where new content is saved and changed all of it to drive D. All...
  9. Desktop icons location changes

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop icons location changes: Hello everyone, I have a PC running Windows 10 Professional. Since the last 2-3 days I have observed that my desktop icons arrangement changes after I either reboot my PC or take my PC on remote support. I use teamviewer on my PC and frequently access my PC from home. I...
  10. Network Location Change

Network Location Change: Hello everyone I have tried EVERY thread on here to change network location from public to home on Windows 10. NOTHING has worked so far, Most of the threads are for old builds. How the hell do you change Network Location from public to private in Windows 10? Have...