Windows 10: Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

Discus and support Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. My keyboard has Fn + keys to increase or decrease the display brightness by 10%. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that percentage, as the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by welles, Dec 15, 2019.

1. welles Win User

Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

Hello. My keyboard has Fn + keys to increase or decrease the display brightness by 10%. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that percentage, as the (10%) change can be too drastic in a dark room.

I tried this, but it didn't work:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\services\monitor\Parameters
    'MinimumStepPercentage' 1

Thank you.

:)

welles, Dec 15, 2019

2. Brightness can not be adjusted.

Hi Sirajudeen,

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the make and model of your device?
    • Were you able to see any error message/ error code with this issue?
    • Have you tried to install all the pending updates for drivers and Windows Updates on your device?

This issue might have happened due to corrupted/ outdated drivers.

I suggest you to refer to the below Microsoft article, try the troubleshooting steps suggested to change the brightness and check if it helps.

Adjust your monitor's brightness and contrast

Hope it helps. Get back to us with an updated status of changing the brightness and required information for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 15, 2019
  3. how to adjust the screen brightness?

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

How exactly did you try to adjust the brightness on your system?

I suggest you to check the below link to know how to change brightness on Windows 10:Change screen brightness

If however you are not able to change the brightness, I suggest you update your display drivers and check if it helps:

You can update drivers from the Device Manager.

• Right click on start button and click on Device manager.
      • Select Display adapter and expand it.
      • Right click on the device and select Update driver.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 15, 2019
  4. Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

Can't adjust Display brightness

Hi Lokesh,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

We understand that, you face issues with display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10 and I'd be certainly help you.

For a better clarity of your issue, please answer these queries below:

• What is the make and model of the computer?

• What is the make and model of the keyboard?
    This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

1. Incorrect settings.

2. Corrupt or outdated display and keyboard drivers.

Please refer to the article, created by Akheel Ahmed replied on October 28, 2015, to fix your issue with Display brightness dysfunctional on Windows 10.

Brightness Adjustment

Also refer to the Microsoft article link below and check, if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/adjust-monitor-brightness-contrast#1TC=windows-10

I suggest you to update the keypad drivers from the manufacturer's support website and check, if it works.

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Dec 15, 2019
Thema:

Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

1. Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness. - Similar Threads - Change increments adjust

2. Is it possible to adjust how many steps/increments the brightness shortcut keys on the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to adjust how many steps/increments the brightness shortcut keys on the...: The brightness up and down shortcuts in my laptop keyboard moves the brightness level in increments of 10. I was wondering if it's possible to change this to increments of 5. submitted by /u/chanchan05 [link] [comments]...
  3. adjust brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    adjust brightness: i have no option to off automatic brightness option and i'm unable to adjust my screen brightness https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adjust-brightness/51c87999-a4c8-48c8-a9b8-c7e1dd88f581
  4. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?: brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? when using Fn + brightness keys that is... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/brightness-increments-are-at-10-possible-to-change/2617b9fb-515e-4d87-b898-d0cec0ec4790
  5. brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5?: brightness increments are at 10. possible to change to 5? when using Fn + brightness keys that is... 146715
  6. Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Change the increments by which you can adjust the display brightness.: Hello. My keyboard has Fn + keys to increase or decrease the display brightness by 10%. I wonder if there's a way to reduce that percentage, as the (10%) change can be too drastic in a dark room. I tried this, but it didn't work:...
  7. Brightness adjuster not there

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Brightness adjuster not there: The brightness adjuster is not in the action center. I've tried going into power settings to enable it under 'display' but it isn't there either. My keyboard's hotkeys dont work for it either despite all other hotkeys working. I've also tried uninstalling and disabling my...
  8. Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Display Brightness levels adjustments occurs unexpectedly: Hi there! Recently my display started to behave quiet unexpectedly. whenever I enter airplane mode/ connect my head phones/ enable or disable a network adapter/etc... the brightness level would change drastically. the brightness level indicator would not change but the...
  9. Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10

Can't adjust display brightness Windows 10: I got a new Acer laptop less than a week ago, and installed all of the Windows 10 updates. After that, I found I was no longer able to adjust the screen brightness using the keyboard or anything I can find in Settings. I have read some other threads about how people solved...
  10. Change 25% brightness increment?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Change 25% brightness increment?: I am still getting used to Win 10 on a tablet and one annoyance (system design flaw) that I would like to change is the 25% increment screen brightness in the action centre button (swipe left). 0% is way too dim and 25% is too bright in a dark room. I know I can control...