Windows 10: Change the mainboard. Win 7 Key can be used for Win 10?

Discus and support Change the mainboard. Win 7 Key can be used for Win 10? in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Howdy, folks, At the weekend I have to change my mainboard, although the socket remains the same (LGA1150) but I can not overclock with my B85... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by xJan45x, Jun 6, 2020.

1. xJan45x Win User

Change the mainboard. Win 7 Key can be used for Win 10?

Howdy, folks,

At the weekend I have to change my mainboard, although the socket remains the same (LGA1150) but I can not overclock with my B85 chipset and a few other reasons ...

In Windows key because I use is an ancient Windows 7 key from 2012 from my first laptop. It was broken at some point and then a new PC can be installed, so I used the key again.

At the end of 2017 I had to upgrade to Windows 10 due to my new GTX 1070 TI graphics card because the 1070ti with DirectX12 caused problems on Windows 7. So I did the free upgrade, since then I have Windows 10.

Now they say that if you change the whole mainboard it is better to reinstall Windows because of drivers and stuff. In general Windows should be installed on a M.2 SSD instead of a HDD. I would disable the current Windows key before the actual MB change.

Can I use the Win 7 key again for activation when installing Win 10? Or do I have to activate Win 7 Install first and then upgrade to Win 10?

Anybody know what that's like?

Mfg

:)

xJan45x, Jun 6, 2020
  2. adisltu Win User

Windows 10 Change Product key (use win 7 key)

Hi,

I`ve been using Win10 Insider builds for over half a year, but now that the final release is out I want to opt out. I have a win 7 professional key that`s never been activated which I want to use. When i try to change the product key in win 10 i get the
    error 0xc004f050. I tried using slui and slmgr.vbs /ipk and doing though the Settings > Updates > System Activation and always get
    the same result.

The last thing I can think of is to install win 7 activate the key and then go for the upgrade, but that seems a bit excessive for such a small task. Any other options/suggestions?

adisltu, Jun 8, 2020
  3. adoornik Win User
    Win 7 and Win 10 on network

I have home network with separate modem, router, and WAP's. My Windows 7 computer does NOT list the Windows 10 computers on network computer list but the Windows 10 computers network list DO list the Windows 7 computer.

Turned off firewalls, gave permissions, shared drives. Nothing allows Win 7 computer to access the Win 10 computers.

Any suggestions for a fix?

adoornik, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Palleon Win User

Win 10 OEM - Mainboard Change?

Hi

I’ve just bought Win 10 Pro OEM from Amazon direct - and about to install on a PC I built for myself.

I’ve not heard of OEM before - and googled it to find it can only be used on the one specific machine.

That’s fine, but I am planning on changing the mainboard soon - will this then invalidate the OEM version, and I’ll be forced to buy it again?

(Using an older board until I can afford the upgrade)

Thank you

Palleon, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

1. Change the mainboard. Win 7 Key can be used for Win 10? - Similar Threads - Change mainboard Key

2. Win 7 to Win 10 key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 7 to Win 10 key: I have a laptop with win7 key OEM, I updated to windows 10 without problem. Now the Hard Disk is failed, I replace it and now I cant install win 10 with the same key, What can I do?...
  3. Win 7 to Win 10 key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win 7 to Win 10 key: I have a laptop with win7 key OEM, I updated to windows 10 without problem. Now the Hard Disk is failed, I replace it and now I cant install win 10 with the same key, What can I do?...
  4. Win 7 to Win 10 key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can i use key from win 7 to activate win 10 ?

Can i use key from win 7 to activate win 10 ?: hello, tell me please i have buy 1 disk with 7 pro version, now i want to install win 10 pro, can i use key from 7 pro disk that i buy ? Thank you...
  6. Win 10 OEM - Mainboard Change?

Win 10 OEM - Mainboard Change?: Hi I’ve just bought Win 10 Pro OEM from Amazon direct - and about to install on a PC I built for myself. I’ve not heard of OEM before - and googled it to find it can only be used on the one specific machine. That’s fine, but I am planning on changing the mainboard soon...
  7. Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 upgrade using win 7 OEM key(dell): My Dell inspiron N5110 did not pass win upgrade compatibility test in back a long ago. now i have changed hardware and want to upgrade to Win10. there are 2 problems I cannot upgrade win10 using OEM product key using either DVD upgrade OR windows 10 download website. How to...
  8. Use a Win 7 Theme in Win 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use a Win 7 Theme in Win 10?: When I upgraded from Win 7 to Win 10, my Australian Backgrounds theme came along with me. While fiddling, I selected the current jpg as the background, and now I can't get my Aussie theme back. I have the folder containing all the jpgs and sound settings for the theme. Is...
  9. upgrade from Win 10 to Win 10 pro using win 7 ultimate key?

upgrade from Win 10 to Win 10 pro using win 7 ultimate key?: Hello, I have a computer running windows 10 with digital entitlement from Windows 7 home. I want to upgrade this computer to Windows 10 pro using a Windows 7 Ultimate key that I bought several years ago. It is my understanding that this should be possible with the November...
  10. Can I use a Win 7 serial number for Win 10?

Can I use a Win 7 serial number for Win 10?: I heard recently that Win 10 will accept a Win 7 serial number. The reason I ask is because I have an unused copy of Win 7 that cost me a fair bit a little while back ( then I lost it lol ) and it would be a shame to waste it if it will work. But I don't want to catch myself...