Windows 10: Change the monitor display from bright to dark.

Discus and support Change the monitor display from bright to dark. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The original display of the monitor was dark and the functions seen in File Explorer are in bright. How do I go back to this setting?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JoseMateo2, Mar 23, 2021.

1. Change the monitor display from bright to dark.

The original display of the monitor was dark and the functions seen in File Explorer are in bright. How do I go back to this setting?

:)

JoseMateo2, Mar 23, 2021

2. monitor brightness?

Hi Tom,

To change your Windows 10 monitor brightness, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows logo; then, search for Control Panel.
    • Select Hardware and Sound.
    • Choose Power Options.
    • On the next screen you should see brightness slider at the bottom of the Control Panel window.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Mar 23, 2021
  3. changing monitor brightness

FredHapgood, Mar 23, 2021
  4. Change the monitor display from bright to dark.

How do I change my brightness on Windows 10?

Hi Tyler,

I realize the inconvenience you are facing. Let me help you in answering the question.

This issue could have occurred due to these reasons.

• Incorrect settings.
    • Corrupt or outdated display driver.
    I suggest you to uninstall and re-install latest display driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall display driver.

• Right-click on the Start Button and click on
      Device manager.
    • Double-click on Display Adapters to expand.
    • Right-click on the display adapter driver that is listed and select properties.
    • In the window opened, click on drivers tab.
    • In the drivers tab, Click on Uninstall option.
    Step 2: Now re-install display driver from the manufacturer website.

Get the best display on your monitor

Get the best display on your monitor

You can change the brightness of the monitor by changing the Display settings
    according to your preference on Windows 10. Please refer the help article below for steps to adjust the brightness on your desktop.

Change screen brightness in Windows 10

Write to us with the status of the issues experienced on the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Nachappa C K, Mar 23, 2021
Thema:

Change the monitor display from bright to dark.

1. Change the monitor display from bright to dark. - Similar Threads - Change monitor display

2. Can't change display brightness

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change display brightness: Earlier this week I tried installing f.lux and realized it didn't work, so I tried some solutions for f.lux. Then today I tried to change my brightness on my computer and realized that doesn't work either. I looked up some solutions and tried reinstalling both of my display...
  3. Brightness levels keep changing when switching from bright to dark pages **(no adaptive...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Brightness levels keep changing when switching from bright to dark pages **(no adaptive...: My background is dark. When I have a website open and minimize the page and view my background the brightness slowly dims for about 5 seconds and it's really distracting and when I pull up a website again the brightness slowly increases for about 5 seconds. There is no enable...
  4. display brightness cannot be changed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    display brightness cannot be changed: I tried reinstalling my drivers but still I cannot adjust the brightness of my lap https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-brightness-cannot-be-changed/5c97f00d-7966-4c96-89be-ee037afbcd64
  5. Changing brightness on desktop monitors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Changing brightness on desktop monitors: Why is there no brightness slider for external monitors..? Instead of using the buttons maybe windows could be able to create a black colour covering the whole screen, the brightness could be changed depending the what opactity the black mask is. The back light will be the...
  6. Change external monitor brightness from Windows??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change external monitor brightness from Windows??: I have this Ultrawide 3440x1440 monitor connected with DisplayPort cable. Is there any other way i can change its brightness without using the buttons on it? Maybe like a trick to make windows to send a brighter/darker image to the screen? submitted by /u/TBacavuz [link]...
  7. Can't change the display brightness on my monitor

Can't change the display brightness on my monitor: Hello! So I just built my first PC and I'm having a few issues with the Display brightness. I'm not new to Windows, I have been on a break from the OS system for a year so maybe things have changed but to my understanding, there was always a way to manually change the...
  8. Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Brightness automatically changes going from dark to light UI...: ...and it's the worst for photo editing! It typically happens when I go from Photoshop to chrome, or anywhere that has a dark UI to chrome. I think it's on the OS side, when the screen is automatically brightening I can go into the Nvidia control panel and select "Use NVIDIA...
  9. Display Brightness Automatically Changing.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Display Brightness Automatically Changing.: So, Posting here because I'm unsure as to whether this is Intel Software, Hardware, Mobo, Display, OS or Driver related. I've trawled Google and tried multiple fixes but I still have this strange issue. For no rhyme or reason my display has been automatically adjusting...
  10. Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes

Screen brightness constantly changing in dark scenes: Hi, I have a very annoying issue that i noticed after installing a GTX 980 which replaced my RX 550. When the screen becomes dark, i.e watching a movie or playing games that have low light, the screen goes dim. If the scene remains in low light the brightness constantly...