Windows 10: Change the name of account and folder name.

Discus and support Change the name of account and folder name. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC. I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by KenPhillips5, Dec 30, 2020.

1. Change the name of account and folder name.

I am in the process of setting up a Windows PC.

I noticed that after I went through the prompts to begin using windows and signing on to my Microsoft account that I have a user in my local folders called c:\users\kenp1. I do not want to use that name, but I can't find where to change it. It is an administrator account.

There is one other account called public.

:)

KenPhillips5, Dec 30, 2020

2. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 30, 2020
  3. Ryan_2013 Win User
    Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Dec 30, 2020
  4. Change the name of account and folder name.

User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 30, 2020
Thema:

Change the name of account and folder name.

1. Change the name of account and folder name. - Similar Threads - Change name account

2. Account name change

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Account name change: I built a PC for a friend and signed him into Microsoft to reactivate his account. Problem is PC is for his daughter. I would like his daughters name to show as only account on PC. As of now I had to make a second admin account so she can sign in using her name. Is there any...
  3. Account name change

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name change: I built a PC for a friend and signed him into Microsoft to reactivate his account. Problem is PC is for his daughter. I would like his daughters name to show as only account on PC. As of now I had to make a second admin account so she can sign in using her name. Is there any...
  4. Changing Account name

Changing Account name: This is my first post and hope it isn't my last one. My question is this. My wife gave me her Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. I want to change everything to my Windows account without losing any f the files on the computer. Is there a way of doing this without having to...
  5. Changing Account name

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Account name: This is my first post and hope it isn't my last one. My question is this. My wife gave me her Dell laptop with Windows 10 on it. I want to change everything to my Windows account without losing any f the files on the computer. Is there a way of doing this without having to...
  6. Account name (change it)

Account name (change it): Hi, On receiving my new PC I was prompted to install/setup W10 which I did. I have done this many times before with previous versions of Windows and on those previous occasions it asked me to name my User (the Administrator) account. If it did that this time I missed it and...
  7. Account name (change it)

in Windows 10 Support
    Account name (change it): Hi, On receiving my new PC I was prompted to install/setup W10 which I did. I have done this many times before with previous versions of Windows and on those previous occasions it asked me to name my User (the Administrator) account. If it did that this time I missed it and...
  8. User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders"

in Windows 10 Customization
    User's Name Desktop Folder changed it's name to "Folders": I have a problem with my User Folder. Actually the User Folder name is fine, but when you add the Folder on the desktop (with the option on Personalize + Themes) it changed it's name to "Folders" I've tried creating new users, but every new user I create, no matter how...
  9. Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name"

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why is the name of the folder in Users "change name": Why is the name of the folder under Users = "change name"?? See attached [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/why-is-the-name-of-the-folder-in-users-change-name/8f767542-c7b9-4baa-8f8b-e4b2eaa7f240
  10. Changing account name

Changing account name: If I use control userpasswords2 to change the username on the account I'm logged into, will that screw things up? When I did a clean install of Windows 10, logging in with a Microsoft account, it didn't allow me to choose a username, it just used the first part of my...