Windows 10: Change the name of the cortana app

Discus and support Change the name of the cortana app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning. Having elaborated W10 Pro> Lite, almost like LTSC, I ask if it is possible to change the name of the "Cortana" button in "Search" as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DMD, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DMD
    DMD Win User

Change the name of the cortana app

Good morning.
    Having elaborated W10 Pro> Lite, almost like LTSC, I ask if it is possible to change the name of the "Cortana" button in "Search" as LTSC.
    Thank you

Change the name of the cortana app cortana.png

Change the name of the cortana app cerca.png

:)

2. Arul_D Win User

Cortana not changing name

Hi Sanvithi,

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

• Open Cortana's window and navigate to the
      Notebook
      panel.

• Within the Notebook tab, navigate to the About Me section.

• Select Change my name.

• Type in the name you wish Cortana to call you.

• When prompted to, choose that’s wrong at the bottom.

• You will be asked to "tap" the microphone to change the way Cortana pronounces your name. Do so.

• Select this one when she has the updated pronunciation.

• To test that she is referring to you correctly, ask "What is my name?"

Check if it helps.
    You may refer to this article to check if this helps.

Change what Cortana calls you:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-what-cortana-calls-you#

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Dec 3, 2018
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Change the name of the cortana app :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Change the name of the cortana app - Similar Threads - Change name cortana

2. Changing app names

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Changing app names: I am looking for a way to change app names, so that they appear with a different name in (settings - apps - app list) but i can only find ways to change them in the start menu and desktop shortcuts. Anybody here that does know a way? submitted by /u/Budget-Ice9336 [link]...
  3. Change to Cortana

in Cortana
    Change to Cortana: Why is Cortana no longer able to be initiated by saying "hey Cortana?" And for the record, not being able to set a reminder on the app is really disappointing. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-to-cortana/40740c67-a5f5-4717-8ebc-4c2133008439
  4. Apps changed name!!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Apps changed name!!!: i recently updated my windows, to windows 10 build 2004 feature update, after the update i saw my windows defender on my apps list with a name that is long and composed of many words pertaining i think to the defender itself, how to fix it?...
  5. Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files Name’s and Apps name’s Language Automatically changed: [IMG]Greetings, Today, I turn on my laptop to see the language? on my pc is changed. Only the files name is affected, the preference, settings etc aren’t affected. I wonder how do I change back? Is it because of a virus? Please help....
  6. Change Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Cortana?: Hi, I thought it would be funny if I could change Cortana (voice control) on my HP Probook, e.g. that I could think of my own questions and answers, and then when I ask the question Cortana gives the answer I wrote down on her "notebook". Are there specific apps for this or...
  7. Change name of app

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change name of app: Is there a way for my to change the name of an app. For example change the name of a game to chrome. submitted by /u/Ace09x [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gnguk1/change_name_of_app/
  8. change cortana

in Cortana
    change cortana: Why am I being forced to use the name Cortana? Is there a way I can change it to a name I like and can remember. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-cortana/e32aba7b-2027-4987-9a18-4e1644c92616"
  9. file and apps name changes in folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    file and apps name changes in folders: When I open my folders the contents of the file names is changed with a date extension added to it : ex. (2018_08_09 14_55_16 UTC) . Why is this happening and how do I get rid of this. Thanks - Val...
  10. Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10: How to: Change Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10 How to Change the Name Cortana Uses for You in Windows 10 Cortana is your cloud-based personal assistant that works across your devices and other Microsoft services. Depending on the capabilities of your device and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change cortanas name