Windows 10: Change the name of the cortana app

Discus and support Change the name of the cortana app in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good morning. Having elaborated W10 Pro> Lite, almost like LTSC, I ask if it is possible to change the name of the "Cortana" button in "Search" as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DMD, Dec 3, 2018.

1. DMD
    DMD Win User

Change the name of the cortana app

Good morning.
    Having elaborated W10 Pro> Lite, almost like LTSC, I ask if it is possible to change the name of the "Cortana" button in "Search" as LTSC.
    Thank you

Change the name of the cortana app cortana.png

Change the name of the cortana app cerca.png

:)

2. Arul_D Win User

Cortana not changing name

Hi Sanvithi,

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

• Open Cortana's window and navigate to the
      Notebook
      panel.

• Within the Notebook tab, navigate to the About Me section.

• Select Change my name.

• Type in the name you wish Cortana to call you.

• When prompted to, choose that’s wrong at the bottom.

• You will be asked to "tap" the microphone to change the way Cortana pronounces your name. Do so.

• Select this one when she has the updated pronunciation.

• To test that she is referring to you correctly, ask "What is my name?"

Check if it helps.
    You may refer to this article to check if this helps.

Change what Cortana calls you:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-what-cortana-calls-you#

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Dec 3, 2018
  3. name changes??

If you desire a name change please do the following:

• Ask yourself if you really need a name change.
    • Make sure you have a good reason.
    • Know what you want your new name to be before you request a name change.
    • Send Urlyin a PM containing a decent explanation of your reason as well as your desired name.

Polaris573, Dec 3, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

name changes??

How about TPU_Moms_Rule.

Just a suggestion *Smile Change the name of the cortana app :)

I agree with most people. Mod assisted name changes only.

Kreij, Dec 3, 2018
Thema:

1. Change the name of the cortana app - Similar Threads - Change name cortana

2. CHANGING USER NAMES

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    CHANGING USER NAMES: Am using Windows 10 on two different laptops which, when in use are logged into the same MS account. I have a particular piece of software on each laptop where I want to set the backup path to my OneDrive, however, the path on each laptop differs slightly, as follows:...
  3. Names all changed.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Names all changed.: Hi all So yesterday I was having troubles with discord so I uninstalled it. I went to install it again and it said my disk was full. I changed so that it would download to my other drive which worked. Some how all my file names and locations are messed up and loads of...
  4. Administrator Name Change

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Administrator Name Change: Greetings all. As a follow up, I am going to use the command prompt solution to change my administrator name to match my computer name in order to allow full control of my OS. That being said, is that the correct thing to do? When I set up the computer, I called it...
  5. Changing computer name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing computer name: Hello I recently purchased a new hp laptop computer for my business. My coworker set up the computer not knowing what i needed computer name to be and also logged into Microsoft through it. My question is do i need to return computer to factory to change the computer and...
  6. anyway to change the names of apps pinned to start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    anyway to change the names of apps pinned to start menu: Windows 10 out of the Edge Browser allows almost anything to be pinned to Start Menu which is great but many of the names are too long, so once again, can names of apps be changed that are pinned to start menu? Thanks TC 15764
  7. Hotmail name changed

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Hotmail name changed: Hi guys Not sure what section this best fits but has anyone ever had issues with their hotmail/outlook acc whereby their display name randomly changed? At work today I got emailed by my wife who has hotmail. My work client is outlook and i was baffled when the display name...
  8. Changing account name

Changing account name: If I use control userpasswords2 to change the username on the account I'm logged into, will that screw things up? When I did a clean install of Windows 10, logging in with a Microsoft account, it didn't allow me to choose a username, it just used the first part of my...
  9. Change User Name

Change User Name: Hi all. I'd like to change the user name still in the picture to something else. How do I go about doing that? Going to bed now. Will check tomorrow afternoon. TIA, Steven [img] 77239
  10. Can app name be changed in All Apps list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can app name be changed in All Apps list?: Often a new program (which I suppose is always called an 'app' in Win10) will self-install in the Program Files or ProgramFiles (x86) folder under the name of the software maker, rather than the name of the program. This means that on the Win10 All Apps list, the actual...