Windows 10: Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

Discus and support Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Can we change the internet name on the Windows 10 lock screen? I visited many places but could not find a solution. Is there any regedit setting that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Bromance902, May 13, 2019.

1. Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

Can we change the internet name on the Windows 10 lock screen? I visited many places but could not find a solution. Is there any regedit setting that we can make this setting? on the lock screen, we can hide/delete things such as ease of access, section of power buttons, internet icon.

:)

Bromance902, May 13, 2019

2. Windows 10 Lock Icon

I am having issues being able to paste files into a folder that has a lock icon on it. I am not the owner of the folder, my boss is. I am using Windows Pro 10 and my boss is using Windows 8.1. I can open files contained within the folder but cannot paste files into the folder. I have opened properties and gone to the security tab and I am listed within the Group or user names list and my permissions are all at allow. Any suggestions?

wsquality1, May 13, 2019
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Lock Screen keeps changing

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Windows Spotlight picks the photos from Bing and displays them in the lock screen. I understand that you have set a picture and it is getting changed automatically.

I suggest you to follow the steps to select the Picture that you want to be displayed on the lock screen. Please follow the steps mentioned below to set a Picture to lock screen:

1. Press and hold Windows + I key on the keyboard to open settings.
    2. Click on Personalization.
    3. Click on Lock screen.
    4. Click on the drop down under Background and select
      Picture.
    5. Click on Browse and select the picture that you want to set.

Hope it helps.

Please reply with the status of the issue, we will be glad to help you further.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, May 13, 2019
  4. psbecker Win User

Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

Change Folder Icon in Windows 10

I just acquired a new laptop running Windows 10 and am trying to change the icons of the folders in the StartUp "Program" folder so that they would stand out a little better. I used my admin account and followed all the steps listed above, but when I clicked on "Apply", nothing happened. The same basic windows folder icon remained attached to the folder. I also tried to go into Properties and capitalize some of the folder names, but that didn't work either. Looks like something is protecting them, but I cannot figure out what it is much less how to get around this blockage, Any suggestions?

psbecker, May 13, 2019
Thema:

Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

1. Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Change name internet

2. Changing lock screen name and adding password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing lock screen name and adding password: Hi there, my laptop has been away getting repaired and they have obviously set up some kind of account which they don't need to login to to allow them access for the repair. Now it comes up as the account on my lockscreen rather than my own account and doesn't have a password...
  3. Changing lock screen name and adding password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing lock screen name and adding password: Hi there, my laptop has been away getting repaired and they have obviously set up some kind of account which they don't need to login to to allow them access for the repair. Now it comes up as the account on my lockscreen rather than my own account and doesn't have a password...
  4. Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.: On my Windows 10 Lock Screen prompt to sign in under my name is another name "Pnputjup" with its icon for signing in. I do not dare click on it and I do not know how or when it got there or what it is nor how to get rid of it. What is it??? How did it get onto my computer on...
  5. Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.: On my Windows 10 Lock Screen prompt to sign in under my name is another name "Pnputjup" with its icon for signing in. I do not dare click on it and I do not know how or when it got there or what it is nor how to get rid of it. What is it??? How did it get onto my computer on...
  6. Lock Screen prompt sign in name "Pnputjup" and icon under my name.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. lock screen/Windows icons

lock screen/Windows icons: Does anyone know if there's a way to get rid of the creepy little cyclops icon at the Windows 10 welcome/lock screen that blinks at you and tells you that your fingerprint can't be read so your PIN must be used? That thing is weird and it creeps me out and I want it gone....
  8. lock screen name

lock screen name: my lockscreen name is coming up wrong....I went through the steps to correct it but it hasn't changed on the lock screen. everywhere else it seems fine...Anyone know what I might be missing? Thanks!...
  9. Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Change the name of the internet icon on the lock screen in Windows 10: Can we change the internet name on the Windows 10 lock screen? I visited many places but could not find a solution. Is there any regedit setting that we can make this setting? on the lock screen, we can hide/delete things such as ease of access, section of power buttons,...
  10. Lock Screen Name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Name: When the builder of my pc built it, they just programmed the pc to say GAMER when I login, and now I can't find a place to change it in the settings, or in my Microsoft account settings. Any suggestions?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. internet access icon has a name