Windows 10: Change the naming convention for photos taken with Camera App

Discus and support Change the naming convention for photos taken with Camera App in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently, my Camera happy has changed the default name it uses for images to: Win_LongDate from: PC Name_LongDate Is there a way to change how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Watto043, Sep 15, 2019.

1. Watto043 Win User

Change the naming convention for photos taken with Camera App

Recently, my Camera happy has changed the default name it uses for images to:

Win_LongDate

PC Name_LongDate

Is there a way to change how the Camera app names the photos it takes?

:)

Watto043, Sep 15, 2019

2. Is there a way to change the naming convention for photos taken by my Windows Phone?

Hello,

Is there a way to change the naming convention for photos taken by my Windows Phone? I have had to have one of my phones replaced and it started over again numbering the photos. This caused problems when I combined my previous Windows Phone photos with
    the ones from my new phone.

By default Zune organizes by file name and not date taken. Now when I look at my photos in Zune they are all out of order.

Is there a way to change to a photo naming convention using the current date? Like 20121111_0000001.jpg?

ninehundro, Sep 15, 2019
  3. Is there a way to change the naming convention for photos taken by my Windows Phone?

Thanks Jack. This app looks useful -- in the future though I would hope Micorsoft will use a better naming convention for the photos taken with the Windows Phone camera like the naming convention (with the current date), I mentioned in the original post.

ninehundro, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Change the naming convention for photos taken with Camera App

Is there a way to change the naming convention for photos taken by my Windows Phone?

UPDATE: After trying the recomended app above I see that my new Nokia Lumia 920 with
    Windows Phone 8 now uses the photo naming convention I was hoping for!!!

This will save everyone from problems in the future of photos having the same name when they upgrade phones. This question can be marked answered. Change the naming convention for photos taken with Camera App :)

ninehundro, Sep 15, 2019
Thema:

Change the naming convention for photos taken with Camera App

1. Change the naming convention for photos taken with Camera App - Similar Threads - Change naming convention

2. Setting up Naming Conventions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up Naming Conventions: I have a huge amount of music in digital format, and there is a specific way I like it set up, as far as what columns are shown when I open a folder Name, Album, Artist, Genre, Length, Year, etc...for some reason, the column names always seem to revert back to the default. Is...
  3. Setting up Naming Conventions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up Naming Conventions: I have a huge amount of music in digital format, and there is a specific way I like it set up, as far as what columns are shown when I open a folder Name, Album, Artist, Genre, Length, Year, etc...for some reason, the column names always seem to revert back to the default. Is...
  4. Screenshot naming conventions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screenshot naming conventions: Why are screenshots named "Screenshot #" instead of the previous, longtime convention of including the date and time in the filename? This convention is also followed by many cell phone manufacturers for both their photos and their screenshots.The same question was asked...
  5. Screenshot naming conventions

Screenshot naming conventions: Why are screenshots named "Screenshot #" instead of the previous, longtime convention of including the date and time in the filename? This convention is also followed by many cell phone manufacturers for both their photos and their screenshots.The same question was asked...
  6. Photos won't display entire photo for jpg photos taken with Moultrie Game Camera

Photos won't display entire photo for jpg photos taken with Moultrie Game Camera: I can no longer view entire jpg photos taken with my Moultrie Game Camera when I want to view one photo. This includes all jpg photos taken over a period of years which up until now have displayed correctly in their entirety. The entire full photo displays for a second and...
  7. Naming Convention in Microsoft Defender

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Naming Convention in Microsoft Defender: Split from this thread. I use windows 10 but I joined the Beta group and I am not sure. I have windows defender. I don't understand what a naming convention is. I have been through so much and I am seriously overwhelmed. I live on a fixed income and it's not an option for...
  8. Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search for photos taken by a specific camera - fixed: I was searching for the same question here: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-files-winpc/search-for-photos-taken-by-a-specific-camera/718475f8-38df-40b6-9132-16a6b4e76c27 And wanted to post the answer, since that thread is locked. Yes, you can...
  9. Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Photos taken on today's date in the Photo App?: My Windows 10 Photo App used to have a featured box that automatically displayed all the photos I took or downloaded on today's date in past years. I think I accidentally deleted that box and I see no option to bring it back. Is there a way to restore this feature so that...
  10. Has MS changed it's naming conventions for services, or are these strange looking services...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Has MS changed it's naming conventions for services, or are these strange looking services...: After having to re-install my WIndows 10 Pro I noticed after one of the updates that there are a number of new services that do not comply with the normal microsoft naming conventions. Would you please reassure me that these new suspicious looking services are bona fide and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. naming of photos windows 10 camera