Windows 10: Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

Discus and support Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/ However it failed for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/

However it failed for me. Anyone know why it might not have worked and I got an error message? TIA.

Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades? [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Jun 25, 2018

2. Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

Precautions that should be taken while upgrading to windows 10

It was reduced to ten days with the release of the Anniversary Update.

Windows 10 | Users previousl yhad 30 days to rollback an update to Windows 10 | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows

@nihal mazhar - my laptop is on Toshiba's 'not supported for Windows 10' list, but has been running Windows 10 since it was first released without a problem. As @Bastet suggests, I made a system image of the original HDD before I upgraded. In fact I went one step further. I took out the HDD, replaced it with a spare one and made sure I could restore the image to that before upgrading. I now have two disks I can put in my machine, one with Windows 10 and a spare with the original OEM Windows 7.

Thema:

Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

1. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades? - Similar Threads - Change number rollback

2. Windows 10 October 2018 Update kills off a number of features

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 October 2018 Update kills off a number of features: Windows 10 October 2018 Update is just around the corners and Microsoft recently revealed the list of features that the company plans to depreciate. Windows 10 October 2018 Update is a big release and it adds plenty of new features and tools but as expected, it also removes...
  3. Windows 10 Updates and Rollback

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Updates and Rollback: Hi, At work we have a Windows 10 version 1703. At some point we will need to upgrade to version 1803 but this might take a long time at it is a large organisation. If version 1703 reaches "End of Service" (around April next year with the 6 month extension) and I need to...
  4. Windows feature upgrade 1803

Windows feature upgrade 1803: Hi, I have a brand new HP Pavillion 15-ck063tx running on Windows 10 Home-Single language edition. It cannot seem to complete the windows 10 upgrade feature version 1803. It keep on either downloading or installing all the time. Can anyone help. thank you...
  5. Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

Rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?: I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/ However it failed for me. Anyone know why it might not have worked and I got an error message? TIA. [img] 112894
  6. Nothing changed this day

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Nothing changed this day: I like to use MS Outlook on my job. But today I have opened my Inbox and I saw nothing. All the correspondence is lost. 103265
  7. Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 10?

Rollback from Windows 10 to Windows 10?: My laptop would never finish downloading the 1511 update due to 10's persistent limited networking access bug (while all my other computers were working fine on the same LAN). So I got the latest media creation tool, downloaded the 10 Pro x64 ISO, popped it in,...
  8. Windows 10 rollback

Windows 10 rollback: Hi I have windows 7 licence for my PC. I installed the free upgrade to windows 10 through windows 7. I created a USB windows 10 install and used the setup on through windows 7. I made a backup image of windows 10, reinstalled it and it is fine. I understand there is an...
  9. Does W10 upgrade delete windows.old files afer 30 day rollback period?

in Windows 10 Support
    Does W10 upgrade delete windows.old files afer 30 day rollback period?: I did an upgrade (not a clean install) to Win 10 Pro on an older laptop running Win 7 Pro. This was just over 30 days ago. All seemed to go fine and the system is working fine, with a few minor hiccups. I have no intentions to rollback to Win 7 so have decided to remove...
  10. Changes to Family features in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Changes to Family features in Windows 10: We update this page regularly to keep you informed about new things you can use now and what's coming up next. Update One Microsoft family for Windows PC , Windows Phone and Xbox Manage your family in one place at account.microsoft.com/family. See the settings for...