Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades?

Discus and support Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it: https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/ However it failed for me.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by phaedruspress, Jun 25, 2018.

1. phaedruspress Win User

I thought this article was interesting and wanted to implement it:

https://www.ghacks.net/2018/06/21/ch...ture-upgrades/

However it failed for me. Anyone know why it might not have worked and I got an error message? TIA.

Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades? [​IMG]

:)

phaedruspress, Jun 25, 2018
  2. blobster21 Win User

Windows 10 upgrade rant..

The free space shouldn't prevent you from upgrading to built 1607. I manually upgraded my own laptop which had only 9gigs free space left on the system drive.

I unzipped the Windows 10 Pro anniversary edition ISO on my D drive, and started the upgrade process from there. At one point the installer complained about not having enough free space on the main drive, i just had to point it to the D drive to proceed to the next step. Now the rollback installation is stored there and doesn't clog up the C drive anymore.

In your case you could insert a large sdcard to act as the required rollback drive, i'm pretty sure it would do the trick.

Oh and by the way, if you want to further compress your System files:
    • do a search Command Prompt, right-click it, and select Run as administrator.
    • Type COMPACT.EXE /CompactOS:always and hit Enter.
    You'll will gain anything from 2 to 4 gigs free space after it's done.

blobster21, Jun 25, 2018
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 25, 2018
  4. Bree Win User

Precautions that should be taken while upgrading to windows 10

It was reduced to ten days with the release of the Anniversary Update.

Windows 10 | Users previousl yhad 30 days to rollback an update to Windows 10 | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows

@nihal mazhar - my laptop is on Toshiba's 'not supported for Windows 10' list, but has been running Windows 10 since it was first released without a problem. As @Bastet suggests, I made a system image of the original HDD before I upgraded. In fact I went one step further. I took out the HDD, replaced it with a spare one and made sure I could restore the image to that before upgrading. I now have two disks I can put in my machine, one with Windows 10 and a spare with the original OEM Windows 7.

Thema:

1. Change the number of rollback days for Windows 10 feature upgrades? - Similar Threads - Change number rollback

2. Change Start Menu location based on number of monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change Start Menu location based on number of monitors: I have two desktops (work and home) with more than one screen, on these computers, I would like my start menu on the far right side of the right screen. However, on computers with only screen (my laptop), I would like my start menu along the bottom. Is there any way to...
  3. Controller ID Numbers Keep Changing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Controller ID Numbers Keep Changing: Does anyone know how to prevent Windows 10 from changing controller id numbers almost every time I reboot? Some way other than having to unplug and plug the controllers back into the usb ports each time to get them back in the proper order. 32603
  4. Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office Word 2013: How to change the font of footnote numbering?: Does anybody know how you change the font of the footnote numbering in a document? Whenever I insert footnote, I get the number (1, 2, 3 ...) in "Times New Romans." I am using "Arial" for my writing, but I want the font "Tahoma" for the numbers of the footnotes. Is there any...
  5. How do I change primary display number and functionality

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    How do I change primary display number and functionality: Acer desktop computer with Nvidea GTX 745 card. Main display is Dell 22" monitor (DVI connection - no HDMI support). I purchased a 19" TV as a second monitor (HDMI connection - no other connection available). The configuration automatically has my Dell as 2 and the TV as...
  6. Drive letters/numbers keep changing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive letters/numbers keep changing: I'm running Win 10 Pro. I have two hard drives in my PC, both are exactly the same - I use Acronis TrueImage to regularly clone one drive to another as a backup. I've done this for a long time on my old PC running Win 7 64-Bit but have recently bought another PC (spec'd by...
  7. Changing hard drive order and number and Windows won't boot anymore

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing hard drive order and number and Windows won't boot anymore: So I am just wondering what best practices are here. Please no nonsense answers and telling me I am doing everything wrong, whatever I do, okay. Previous experience indicated that Windows 10 was capable of switching between IDE and RAID and AHCI settings without much...
  8. Force COM Port number change using Command line

in Windows 10 Support
    Force COM Port number change using Command line: I have two USB devices that when plugged in must have COM ports 3 & 4 assigned, my question is how can I do this using a batch file? The two devices are a GEWA Transmitter (FTDIBUS\VID_0403+PID_6001+AI04WJT5A\0000) (needs to be COM3) and an ELDAT transmitter...
  9. Change Maximum Number of Items in Jump Lists in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Maximum Number of Items in Jump Lists in Windows 10: Hi Shawn - this worked well for me on my previous computer, but not on my new (Surface Book) with Office 365/2016. I have tried entering 30 as both hexadecimal and decimal - neither works. Any ideas? A short jumplist is a major problem IMO. Can't imagine why MS hasn't sorted...
  10. Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Number of Quick Actions to Show in Windows 10 Action Center: here , on two computers with 1607 (maybe matter that) , both up to date , 64bit english only 0,1,2,3,4 values are OK. values greater than 4 will put only 4 quick actions in action center like default setting. /edit you must read the post #5 c 45074