Windows 10: Change the order of administrators

Discus and support Change the order of administrators in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I have a very specific and not urgent question regarding the order of administrators: Whenever I do something that requires the administrator... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by GarrettComrie, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Change the order of administrators

Hello. I have a very specific and not urgent question regarding the order of administrators:

Whenever I do something that requires the administrator password, the account that is always selected by default is not the account that I want to be there; I have two administrator account on my PC and I want to switch the order that they appear in when prompted for the admin password. So, if I do "START+X" and select command prompt (admin), the account that is set by default is not the one I want. Is there a way to change the order?

:)

GarrettComrie, Jul 15, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Change Wireless Network Connection Priority Order in Windows 10

Hello Denis, Change the order of administrators :)

The command in step 2 of Option Two should show your wireless networks listed in priority order. Top of the list is higher.

Brink, Jul 15, 2018
  3. changing administrator

Hi,

Share this information to assist you better.

• What are the steps you have tried to change the Admin rights?
    • How many accounts have you configured in your computer?
    Try the below steps if you have not tried:

• Open Control Panel (Move the cursor to the lower/left corner of the screen and
      Right Click, select Control Panel on the menu.
    • In Control Panel, select User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account.

This will show all of the user accounts on the computer. If there is an Administrator account it will show that designation.

• Sign Out and log on with any Administrator Account.
    • Go back to Control Panel/User Accounts.
    • Select Manage another account and then select the Standard account you wish to change.
    • Select the Change Account Type option.
    • Select the Administrator option to change the account and click the
      Change Account Type button.
    If there are no other Administrator Accounts, let us know and we can try another recovery method.

Let us know what you find.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jul 15, 2018
  4. bpratt Win User

Change the order of administrators

Can the order of the favorites be changed in Spartan?

I've been testing Spartan but I can't find a way to move things around in the favorites list. It puts everything in alpha order. Any suggestions?

bpratt, Jul 15, 2018
Thema:

Change the order of administrators

1. Change the order of administrators - Similar Threads - Change order administrators

2. Change Administrator?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Administrator?: I have an Office 365 account and a Microsoft account they could be the same...I'm not the smartest tool in the shed that I can access on my desktop without problem.My problem is the Outlook account I have on my Android phone all of a sudden asked for my PW, and it's apparent...
  3. change administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change administrator: Good dayI did purchased a new laptop. i want to keep my old email on my old laptop, Upon creating a Administrator profile on my laptop i create a new microsoft account, it happens that then the password is to short and between all the passwords and keep on creating an account...
  4. Change controller order

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change controller order: Hello. I need to change my controller order because many times I plug-in my xbox 360 controller and it connects as 2nd. I don't know how and why but it happens like A LOT. The majority of the time I just unplug and then plug-in again and it fixes, sometimes I need total...
  5. Change of administrator

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change of administrator: MY daughter used my computer now her profile comes up as the administrator how do I delete her please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-administrator/73b3a1a8-1c09-406f-9bf2-70a8089bcf01
  6. change administrator

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    change administrator: How do I change the administrator when you don't have the password for the current administrator ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-administrator/eca6b068-9a5f-435c-bb3c-46b49aec334c"
  7. Changing Boot Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing Boot Order: Having found my way into the BIOS to change the boot order I am faced with 4 options. Which one do I select? I want the PC to call first on a USB Recovery Drive, created with Macrium Reflect. Should I go back to BIOS to make a note of the options and list them here, as I...
  8. changing administrator

changing administrator: how do I change administrators on windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-administrator/b1c0eadf-282e-4f98-813a-7ce024acf59f
  9. Change of Administrator

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change of Administrator: Hi. How will I change the "administrator" on my device into another account? Your help will be highly appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-of-administrator/a1bd65ea-d244-41c4-ae2e-33e0e17f2883
  10. Windows 10: Administrator Order

Windows 10: Administrator Order: Hello All, I have multiple administrator accounts on my computer, to keep a backup if one gets corrupted. I also usually run my computer on a non-administrator account. This means whenever I would like to change something that requires administrative permissions, I have to...