Windows 10: Change the order of folder left pane file explorer.

Discus and support Change the order of folder left pane file explorer. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Is there a way i can sort these network folders? so they're grouped? Instead of all over? https://i.imgur.com/qQrgusR.png (not by changing name ;))... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/x3nius, Feb 13, 2021.

1. /u/x3nius Win User

Change the order of folder left pane file explorer.

/u/x3nius, Feb 13, 2021

2. preview/details pane in explorer

Hi,

Setting the Preview pane to show or hide in File Explorer will apply to all folders. If you wish to hide the Preview pane in File Explorer, we suggest that you follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Tap on View tab.
    • Click Preview Pane to view/hide it.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Feb 13, 2021
  3. KeithM Win User
    Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer

When you log into an account for the first time there is a chance to decline OneDrive "protection" for your user folders, but it's easy to miss (this is by design, no doubt). It's this automatic "backup" that hijacks folder locations. Sothe first thing to do is check OneDrive settings & make sure backup is disabled for your user folders. This is done via Manage Backup on the Backup tab of the OneDrive settings dialog (right-click the SysTray icon):

Change the order of folder left pane file explorer. [​IMG]

When you do this, the folders under This PC will once again point to the folders in your UserProfile folder and not OneDrive. Files must be moved manually.

Once you do this, your user folders are local and only files you explicitly place in the OneDrive folders will be synced to OneDrive.

To move OneDrive to a lower position in the Navigation Pane, set the value of the DWORD value SortOrderIndex under the registry key:

Code:
    to a value like 88. (create the value if it doesn't exist)

KeithM, Feb 13, 2021
  4. Change the order of folder left pane file explorer.

Win 10 pro left explorer pane

Hello Iulian,

The issue that you’ve encountered regarding the folders in File Explorer of your Windows 10 computer may be caused by some configuration or files mismatched. To sort out your concern, we’d like to know the following information:

• Were there any changes that happened prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • Are those folders shown in the same section of the File Explorer Navigation pane?
    • Can you provide us a screenshot of the issue?

We’re looking forward to your response.

Joseph Ban, Feb 13, 2021
Thema:

Change the order of folder left pane file explorer.

1. Change the order of folder left pane file explorer. - Similar Threads - Change order folder

2. file explorer --- file folder order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    file explorer --- file folder order: What option do I have to set so that when I list the files / folders in documents that the filesare firstt, on top of the subfolders, and I then the files are listed in descending order...
  3. file explorer --- file folder order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    file explorer --- file folder order: What option do I have to set so that when I list the files / folders in documents that the filesare firstt, on top of the subfolders, and I then the files are listed in descending order...
  4. Change Sort Order of OneDrive Root Folders in Explorer left navigation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change Sort Order of OneDrive Root Folders in Explorer left navigation: I have a personal OneDrive account and 2 sometimes 3+ OneDrive for business accounts associated with different tenants. I suspect many of us with multiple accounts might like to manually set the order these appear, but they seem locked into an alphabetic-only sort order. Is...
  5. Change Sort Order of OneDrive Root Folders in Explorer left navigation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Sort Order of OneDrive Root Folders in Explorer left navigation: I have a personal OneDrive account and 2 sometimes 3+ OneDrive for business accounts associated with different tenants. I suspect many of us with multiple accounts might like to manually set the order these appear, but they seem locked into an alphabetic-only sort order. Is...
  6. Hidden folders in left pane

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hidden folders in left pane: Why are my hidden folders showing in the left pane of Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-folders-in-left-pane/17a712ae-d60c-495c-93ac-256e663a53c4
  7. File Explorer expand selected folder in left pane

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer expand selected folder in left pane: I want the left pane folder to open and show subfolders when I click on the filename, instead of having to click the little carat to the left of the folder to get this to happen. Windows 10 version 20H2. 181372
  8. File explorer left pane machine details disappear ...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer left pane machine details disappear ...: Looks like a bug has been introduced with the latest update which I took on 11th August with the File Explorer left pane. The various machine details disappear once you go down a level and remain disappeared when you go back. It's the same with Home or Pro. Don't tell me,...
  9. Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing listing order of files and folders in File Explorer: Microsoft is engaged in an annoying game of intentional behavior modification. Win 10 is making everything default to the OneDrive folder, and they're putting the OneDrive listing prominently so that if you aren't extra careful, you put your stuff in that folder and not the...
  10. Strange and cluttered File Explorer left pane

in Windows 10 Support
    Strange and cluttered File Explorer left pane: This is something that's been bothering me since I upgraded this Dell XPS8700 to windows 10 some two weeks or more ago. The left pane in File Explorer seems to duplicate my drive letters and info other than what's under the entry "This PC". If I look down the list,...