Windows 10: Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

Discus and support Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Greetings, When I click in the search box, where it says "type here to search", on the left side of the Task Bar, at the top of the popup window that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by theoldfarter, Jul 13, 2021.

1. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

Greetings, When I click in the search box, where it says "type here to search", on the left side of the Task Bar, at the top of the popup window that shows, from left to right, is: All/Apps/Documents/Web and More, which has a down arrow that pops out: Email/Folders/Music/People/Photos/Settings/Videos. I want to change the order of what is shown. For example, I want to move Folders out of the drop down menu and place it next to All. I have tried dragging it but to no avail.Can it be done and if so, how?

:)

theoldfarter, Jul 13, 2021
  2. Arul_D Win User

Search Box Reduced to Magnifying Glass Icon

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change the settings to show the search icon.

• Right click on the search bar

• Click on search

• Check show search icon
    Hope the information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance with Windows related issues. We will be happy to help.

Arul_D, Jul 13, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jul 13, 2021
  4. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

Disable Web Search Results in Windows 10 Start Menu

Hi Taira,

Disabling web results in the search box depends on the version and build of your Windows 10. We suggest checking the Windows 10 version and build installed on your computer. To check the version and build, follow the steps below:

• On Cortana search, type winver and press
      Enter
    • A pop-up box will appear containing the version and build of your operating system.

Meanwhile, you can try these steps on how to disable web results in the search box:

• Click the search box in the taskbar.
    • Select the Notebook icon
      Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons. a0c1fa7c-1198-4621-a19b-ece827a34a33.png

in the left pane.
    • Click Settings from the list.
    • In the Settings page, turn off the Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more option.
    • Also, turn off the Search online and include web results option.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

Gerard Qui, Jul 13, 2021
Thema:

Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons.

1. Change The Order Of The Search Box Results Icons. - Similar Threads - Change Order Search

2. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Gaming
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  3. change dropdown box order

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    change dropdown box order: Hi. I have Windows 11 and if I use Save As in Documents the dropdown box displays most recent files then folders but I want an alphabetical list as I can't find things quickly when they are jumbled up. How do I change the dropdown menu to alphabetical please?...
  4. Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10: When I previously clicked on the "Type here to search" box, it brought up my favourite searches showing links to eg my bank, my supermarket., Amazon and other useful links.When I've clicked on it in the last few days, I see this:This is useless for me. Is there any other way...
  5. Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10: When I previously clicked on the "Type here to search" box, it brought up my favourite searches showing links to eg my bank, my supermarket., Amazon and other useful links.When I've clicked on it in the last few days, I see this:This is useless for me. Is there any other way...
  6. Has Microsoft changed the Search Box results? Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.

in Cortana
    Windows 10 Search Box result showing old icons.: Windows 10 Search Box Result shows old icons for all apps. When apps No matter Microsoft Store apps or third-party apps get updated and get new icon, their icons refreshes everywhere except Search Box result. Tried Rebuilding search index, resetting Windows Search, Resetting...
  8. Search box in Windows 10- No results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search box in Windows 10- No results: Hi When I open a folder in Windows 10 File Explorer, and I click on the search box and type in a folder that I want, It tells me NO ITEMS MATCH YOUR SEARCH But it's crazy because I can see the document I want right in front of me in that folder but when I try search it...
  9. Retaining Search Box results

in Windows 10 Support
    Retaining Search Box results: I love Windows 10 but its Search Box functionality is a step backwards from Windows 7. As in Windows 7, is there a way to retain Search Box results so I can return to the results if the first file or folder I open isn't the one I want? This was easy in Windows 7 but I can't...
  10. Windows Search Results Order

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Search Results Order: When I search in Windows 10 using file explorer the results first shows items from my "H" drive and then my "G" drive and then my "F" drive and then my "C" drive last. How can I get the results from my "C" drive to appear first? I know how to sort my results, I just want to...