Windows 10: Change the output volume for one device

Discus and support Change the output volume for one device in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I've recently got new headphones for my desktop, but the problem is they are ridiculously loud (e.g. I have to the system volume down to 2 just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Keenu Vermeulen, Dec 6, 2019.

1. Change the output volume for one device

Hello

I've recently got new headphones for my desktop, but the problem is they are ridiculously loud (e.g. I have to the system volume down to 2 just to not blow my eardrums). There are volume buttons on the headphones, However they change the system volume not the 'headphone volume'. I want to know if there is a way to change the volume of the sound sent to that specific set of headphones? If so, what is it?

Thanks in advance,

-K

:)

Keenu Vermeulen, Dec 6, 2019

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Dec 6, 2019
  3. Set new audio device default for volume mixer in Windows 10

I use two audio devices:

• Default (audio) device "Realtec Digital Output (Optical)"
    • Default communication device "Lautsprecher (Speaker)"

My goal:
    I want to have the default audio volume on my default communication device, instead of the default device - at all times.

What I tried so far:
    Changing the volume mixer to my communication device explicitly works temporary, but as soon as I close the settings window, the default audio volume is reset again to the default audio device.

Step 1: Clicking on volume shows me the default device:

Change the output volume for one device yhlxC.png

Step 2: Changing the volume mixer to my communication device manually:

Change the output volume for one device 3mG3F.png

Change the output volume for one device 1H5Y2.png

Step 3: Clicking again on volume does not keep the change Change the output volume for one device :(

Change the output volume for one device aWNeG.png

How can I make it permanent that windows uses my communication device for default volume control?

Simon Ferndriger, Dec 6, 2019
  4. Change the output volume for one device

Adding an output device

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

1. Have you made any changes on your pc prior to this issue?
    2. What is the make and model of the Bluetooth Speaker?
    3. Since when are you facing this issue?

I suggest you to follow the methods mentioned below, to fix issues with Bluetooth speaker and check if that helps.

Method 1: Try the following steps, to add and use Bluetooth device on your computer.
    Refer the following article for steps to connect Bluetooth device.

Method 2: Set Bluetooth speaker as
    Default Playback device
    . Refer the following article under
    set default device
    and check if that helps.

Method 3: If you are still facing issues with getting audio output from your Bluetooth speaker, you can try the following troubleshooting steps to
    fix Bluetooth problems
    on your pc.

Reply with the information, so that we can help you fix your issue.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking, Yes or No.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 6, 2019
Thema:

Change the output volume for one device

1. Change the output volume for one device - Similar Threads - Change output volume

2. Volume slider changes, but actual output volume remains very loud?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider changes, but actual output volume remains very loud?: As of recently on my Dell XPS 1300, the volume output on the built-in speakers of my laptop are staying at the highest volume. I can adjust the volume slider and the setting number will change, but the actual output volume remains extremely loud even at the lowest setting....
  3. Volume slider changes, but actual output volume remains very loud?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Volume slider changes, but actual output volume remains very loud?: As of recently on my Dell XPS 1300, the volume output on the built-in speakers of my laptop are staying at the highest volume. I can adjust the volume slider and the setting number will change, but the actual output volume remains extremely loud even at the lowest setting....
  4. System changes my mic volume whenever I change my audio output device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System changes my mic volume whenever I change my audio output device: I often switch between my headset and my monitor speakers depending on what I am doing on my PC. About 2 months ago give or take my friends started mentioning that my mic volume was very quiet. After a lot of testing, I determined that it will stay at the set volume until...
  5. System changes my mic volume whenever I change my audio output device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System changes my mic volume whenever I change my audio output device: I often switch between my headset and my monitor speakers depending on what I am doing on my PC. About 2 months ago give or take my friends started mentioning that my mic volume was very quiet. After a lot of testing, I determined that it will stay at the set volume until...
  6. System changes my mic volume whenever I change my audio output device

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Output Devices Suddenly Merged Into One

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Output Devices Suddenly Merged Into One: [Windows 10 Home v. 10.0.19043] I built this PC a few months ago and its audio devices have been behaving themselves just fine up until today. It's a typical setup - a pair of speakers are plugged into the motherboard at the back, and a pair of headphones and a mic into the...
  8. How to change volume output?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to change volume output?: So I just installed a box and tried to switch audio. Now whenever I open spotify I hear it through the box, but all the other sound still comes out of my pc. I tried clicking on the volume button and changing it but it doesn't let me play netflix on the box. Any ideas?...
  9. Is there a way to change the volume level of a playback device that's not the default one...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change the volume level of a playback device that's not the default one...: I am pretty sure that the title is very descriptive, and shows what i want to achieve without a description. However i also know that some of you are curious why i would want to do that, well here's the (short) story behind it: Basically i am a Youtube and Twitch content...
  10. Output device changes on boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Output device changes on boot: I have my output device on my HP laptop set to a Bluetooth wireless device. Every time I boot from shutdown or after every restart, the output changes to the computer's audio device*Mad. How can I stop this? Is there a default setting somewhere? 132707