Windows 10: Change The Start-up Screen to Multiple Choices

Discus and support Change The Start-up Screen to Multiple Choices in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; When you shut down 10 and boot again, it goes directly to the last user. In the old days we had a choice as to who will log in at start-up. Can... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by emeth, Aug 6, 2015.

1. emeth Win User

Change The Start-up Screen to Multiple Choices

When you shut down 10 and boot again, it goes directly to the last user.

In the old days we had a choice as to who will log in at start-up.

Can we get that choice back?

Otherwise we have to log out and choose who will log in, (in this case it would be nice if the choices were in the center of the screen rather than the left hand side).

Win 10 Home

:)

emeth, Aug 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 refuses to exit tablet mode

Windows has inexplicably started operating only in tablet mode on a new Dell XPS desktop PC. I have turned off tablet mode, changed the notifications so that the PC should not even ask to change to tablet mode and rebooted multiple times. While in this
    aberrant tablet mode, in the upper left hand corner of the screen there are 3 choices: Start, Pinned tiles and all apps. The Start menu choice is grayed while the other two choices function. The Start menu in the lower left hand corner does not bring up
    the standard Windows 10 live tiles. I am at a loss as to how to proceed.

stephenbwilliams, Aug 6, 2015
  3. Nokia 700: Problems after update to 112.010.1404

Nokia 700 hanging up , unpredictable and unintended screen changes and application start ups. multiple re-installs have not helped

hannahaustin, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Hello Emeth, *Smile

Are all of your user accounts password protected? If not, that could have the user account that's not sign in automatically at startup.

In addition, double check to make sure that you have automatic sign in at startup turned off.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  5. emeth Win User
    Thank you Brink.

Perhaps I am not quite understanding this fix.

What I would like is to not have anyone 'Automatically' logged in but also, none required to have a PW or PN.

Just the option to log in whoever is in the login group.

We don't require PWs in our environment.

emeth, Aug 6, 2015
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Not having passwords is what's causing the issue of the last user automatically being signed in at startup.

If anything, you could have an easy password or PIN to stop it, but still not hard to remember.

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  7. emeth Win User
    So, what your really saying is, that there is no way to have the choice at start-up without having a PW or PN?

emeth, Aug 6, 2015
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Not that I'm aware of and still have all users displayed on the sign-in screen. *Sad

Brink, Aug 6, 2015
  9. emeth Win User
    To bad as even in 7 you had this choice.

emeth, Aug 6, 2015
  10. This might be a bit stale but i still found it as first result searching a solution for this issue.
    I applied the fix described here for windows 8 and it seems to be working fine with two passwordless local accounts.

See also: Sign in - Show All Users or Last User in Windows 8

Hope it helps

Passavopercaso, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change The Start-up Screen to Multiple Choices - Similar Threads - Change Start Screen

2. Screen resolution changes on start up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen resolution changes on start up: My screen resolution keeps changing on start up. Obviously I can change it manually, however it's really annoying that I have to keep doing that.I've tried rolling back display driver and uninstalling them I've kind of run out of ideas now I honestly don't what else I could...
  3. Screen resolution changes on start up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen resolution changes on start up: My screen resolution keeps changing on start up. Obviously I can change it manually, however it's really annoying that I have to keep doing that.I've tried rolling back display driver and uninstalling them I've kind of run out of ideas now I honestly don't what else I could...
  4. The choice to change keyboard disappeared

in Windows 10 Customization
    The choice to change keyboard disappeared: Suddenly, my Windows started this habit of scanning and repairing my disk at start-up when it's actually doing nothing. When my PC does this, something is going to be wrong; like missing a feature and other various problems but I got them fixed last few months ago.The problem...
  5. Multiple start up issues

Multiple start up issues: Hey. I just wanted to address an issue where I have three errors in one. Firstly, my internet is gone, only being a computer screen with a cable beside it and a red circle and an X. Second, everything but my cursor disappears as soon as my desktop icons and taskbar load....
  6. Change start up screen

Change start up screen: How do you change the picture that shows when you first startup on win 10? The one where you put in the password. *Huh Thanks sciolist 127852
  7. Change start up screen

in Windows 10 Support
    Change start up screen: How do you change the picture that shows when you first startup on win 10? The one where you put in the password. *Huh Thanks sciolist 127852
  8. Start up/desktop screen changed

Start up/desktop screen changed: So I turned on my computer this morning and instead of my start up taskbar and screen - I'm assuming Microsoft - changed it to their generic screen and startup with all their sales pitches popping up. Does anyone know how I get back to my desktop screen with all my...
  9. Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Multiple bsod errors and black screen with cursor on start up: I know it says to install and run the program in the sticky but i can't get into windows PC has been running fine until recently. I have been getting occasional random BSOD errors over the last few days which I didn't think much about, but today I started getting a lot of...
  10. "Open With" choice at start up.

in Windows 10 Support
    "Open With" choice at start up.: Since the fall update I am greeted with a choice dialog at start up. It doesn't say what it wants to open but lists a dozen programs. I tried a browser but all it said before loads of code was that this program could not be run in dos mode. If I click off the box it vanishes....