Windows 10: Change the username in Windows 10 login screen

Discus and support Change the username in Windows 10 login screen in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have one microsoft account, only me on two computers. My husband has his computer with my account on it. How can I change his welcome page as it says... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by SallySBS, Aug 6, 2019.

1. SallySBS Win User

Change the username in Windows 10 login screen

I have one microsoft account, only me on two computers. My husband has his computer with my account on it. How can I change his welcome page as it says my name, not his.

***Original Title: MSN welcome greeting name***

:)

SallySBS, Aug 6, 2019
  2. Labsyboy Win User

How to change list of clickable usernames on login screen?

Hi,

customer has Ad domain with a lot of Windows 10 pro workstations. Users are frequently changing at same workstation and it is kinda annoying that Windows 10 login screen displays only 2 usernames on bottom left corner:

- <Last loged in user>

- Other user

Is it possible somehow to edit and set the list of usernames displayed there, to be, for example, list of 4 specific users?

Labsyboy, Aug 6, 2019
  3. poofer Win User
    Change Login screen.

Hello:

I've been trying to change the login and lock screens of my windows 10 install.
    i managed to change the login screen background using a tool found in these forums but now my name in the login screen is too big and it overlaps badly with my background
    My screen has my username and email like this:

Username
    email
    pw box

What i'm looking for is a way to both change the position of these elements, so i can move them up or down and the size/color of the font, without altering the rest of my OS' fonts.
    Thanks for any advice.

poofer, Aug 6, 2019
  4. Change the username in Windows 10 login screen

"username placeholder" displayed on login screen

Hi,

Lock screen usernames will depend on the user settings that were saved on your computer. To isolate your concern with the lock screen issue, we’d like to know the following:

• The version of your Windows. To know which version of Windows you are using, press
      Windows + R to open run window, type
      winver and press Enter.
    • Number of local accounts registered on your computer.
    • If your lock screen credentials is also a Microsoft Account.
    • If there are any error messages that you encounter.
    • If you can provide a photo of your lock screen.
    • Troubleshooting steps you’ve done so far.
    • Changes you've made prior to your concern other than updating Windows 10.

We’re looking forward to your response.

Johann Eva, Aug 6, 2019
Thema:

Change the username in Windows 10 login screen

1. Change the username in Windows 10 login screen - Similar Threads - Change username login

2. CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CHANGING USERNAME ON WINDOWS 10: I changed my username from 'X' to 'Y' by accessing the control panel. However, whenever I open command prompt it shows my username as 'X'. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-username-on-windows-10/8fdef822-c16d-4815-83eb-e2e294467050
  3. Fix Duplicate username at Login or Sign In screen in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Duplicate username at Login or Sign In screen in Windows 10: [ATTACH]You may see two similar account names on your Login, Sign In screen or Lockscreen in Windows 10. This happens when you enable the automatic login feature but then end up changing the password or name of the computer. In this article, we are going to fix the Duplicate...
  4. Username changed on login to Windows 10

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Username changed on login to Windows 10: When you first boot your system. You see your picture with your username below and are prompted for a pin. Somehow my user name has been changed to Customer Service. Everything is working fine but instead of my usual username I get "Customer Service". I have also been told...
  5. Change username in Windows 10

Change username in Windows 10: Hi, my sister has a Windows 10 Pc and by some mistake there was a typographical error in the username. Now whatever Office and other software pick that as the PC name. How can I change it?...
  6. Unable to login to Windows 10 after changing username

Unable to login to Windows 10 after changing username: Hi I changed one of my staff members user account name as they started using a previous employees PC. This is for a local user account. There is only one account on the PC which has administrator rights. I followed the following process to change the username. - Go to...
  7. Username login

Username login: When I first received my laptop, I linked my old microsoft account. Months ago, I deleted it because I saw no use in it, but replaced it with my school email instead. Recently, I tried installing an app from the store but I needed to create a new account because my school...
  8. duplicate of my username on the login screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    duplicate of my username on the login screen: hey guys. i have tried eveything google can search up for this issue. i am at a loss. my issue remains with a duplicate of my username on the login screen. i have tried deactivating my Microsoft account, netplwiz, cmd profile, registry profile deletes ( which delete all my...
  9. How to change list of clickable usernames on login screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change list of clickable usernames on login screen?: Hi, customer has Ad domain with a lot of Windows 10 pro workstations. Users are frequently changing at same workstation and it is kinda annoying that Windows 10 login screen displays only 2 usernames on bottom left corner: - <Last loged in user> - Other user Is it...
  10. Disable Login Screen Username and Email?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Disable Login Screen Username and Email?: Hey guys, so i am making my first thread here on the 10 forums. My question is as stated in the title: Can i remove the Username and Email that is being shown on the Windows 10 Login screen? (And preferably the account picture to). I want only the password box to be left, and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to change username on windows 10 login screen