Windows 10: Change Theme in Google Chrome

Discus and support Change Theme in Google Chrome in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Change Theme in Google Chrome How to Change Theme in Google Chrome You can personalize Google Chrome on your computer with any custom... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by Brink, May 10, 2018.

1. Brink Win User

Change Theme in Google Chrome

How to: Change Theme in Google Chrome

How to Change Theme in Google Chrome

You can personalize Google Chrome on your computer with any custom theme you want. The theme appears around the border of the browser and as the background when you open a new tab. Your Chrome themes are stored in your Google Account, so when you sign in to Chrome on any computer, you see the same theme.

This tutorial will show you how to change the theme in Google Chrome for your account in Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10.

Here's How:

1. Open Google Chrome.

2. Click/tap on the Customize and control Google Chrome (3 dots) button, and click/tap on Settings. (see screenshot below)

*note If you like, you can also enter chrome://settings/appearance into the address bar and press Enter to directly open the Appearance settings for Chrome.

Change Theme in Google Chrome [​IMG]

3. Under Appearance, click/tap on Themes to open Chrome Web Store. (see screenshots below)

*note If you have already installed a theme, you will need to click/tap on the Reset to default button first before you can use a new theme.

4. Click/tap on a theme in the Chrome Web Store you want to use. (see screenshot below)

5. Click/tap on the Add to Chrome button to install the theme. (see screenshot below)

6. The theme will be applied immediately. If you change your mind, you can click/tap on Undo at the top. (see screenshot below)

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

Brink, May 10, 2018
  2. Xylee Del Win User

problem uninstalling google chrome

Hi,

Since you already uninstalled Google Chrome using the Programs and Features, Google notifications may still be running in the background processes. We suggest that you follow these steps on how to end the Google Chrome process:

• On your keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+Delete.
    • Select Task Manager.
    • Under Processes, locate Google Notifications or Google Chrome.
    • Right click on them and select End Task.
    • Double check under Programs and Features if Google Chrome is completely gone.

Let us know if these steps worked.

Xylee Del, Oct 27, 2019
  3. Windows 10 and Google chrome problems

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

As you have mentioned that now you rolled back to windows 7 ultimate.I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check.

Uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome and check

To uninstall and reinstall Google Chrome follow the steps given below.

• Press start button.

• Select Control Panel.

• In Control Panel , Click on
      Programs

• Then Click on Programs and features.

• Select Google Chrome and Click Uninstall button
    Uninstall Chrome prompt dialog appears and the further uninstallation process continues if you click uninstall button. Once Google Chrome gets uninstalled, you can download and install Google Chrome from its official website,
    and check if issue persists.

If issue still didn’t get resolved by the above mentioned steps, I would also suggest you to post the query in Google support forums for more help.

Get help from the Chrome community:
    Google Chrome Help

Hope this helps, if you need further assistance on Windows let us know we will be glad to help.

Ashish Sondhi, Oct 27, 2019
  4. Roohi_Taj Win User

Google Chrome Crahses and suspended in task manager

Hi GSsswuw8,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Could you please help me with the below information:

1. Do you have any antivirus installed on the computer?
    2. Are you aware of making any changes to the computer or browser prior to the issue?

This issue is because of profile data corruption on google chrome or because of cookies, extensions, plugins and History. I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to resolve this issue.

Method 1: Rename Google chrome file.

Before proceeding I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.

Step 1: Rename Chrome User Data file.

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome.
    3. Search for User data folder. Rename this folder to UserData.old
    4. Open the chrome now and check if it is working.

Note:
    The new user data folder will be created automatically, but
    new profile will not have any of your previous data in it. To access the data back, try signing out and signing in back to the application. Or you have to manually copy the data from old profile.

Step 2: Copy the previous data to New Profile.

I would suggest you end all the task related to Google Chrome from task manager.
    Then follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows and
      E key together on your Keyboard.
    2. Navigate to %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\UserData.old\Default.
    3. Open a new tab and navigate to: %LOCALAPPDATA%\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default. (Make sure this is the new user data folder)
    4. Now copy the file one by one, once the copy is done. In-between Reopen Chrome browser and check if there is issue same issue.
    5. If the issue reoccurs, then the culprit is one of the file copied above.

Method 2:
    Troubleshoot on google chrome.

Note: The Uninstall and Reinstall option might reset security settings or privacy settings that you added, this will also clear the history, favorites, cookies and password. We recommend
    that you note these sites and settings before you use the Reset on chrome.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned in the article on
    Fix Chrome if it crashes or won't open.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Roohi Taj S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Roohi_Taj, Oct 27, 2019
  5. Google Chrome crashes

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that the Chrome browser crashes. We will assist you to resolve the issue.

As an initial troubleshooting step, I suggest you to check whether you are able to repair Google Chrome and check if that helps.

In Search, enter Control Panel and select Control Panel.

• Select Programs > Programs and
      Features
      , and then select the program.
    • Select Uninstall to remove the program.
    • To fix the program, select Repair or, if that’s not available, Change.
    • Follow the directions on the screen
    If the repair option is not present, you may uninstall and reinstall the application and check if that helps.

If the issue still persists, it would be better if you contact the Google Chrome support for further assistance.

Hope the provided information helps. Let us know if you need further assistance. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Krishna Prasobh V, Oct 27, 2019
  6. Win-10 themes keep changing

Hi,

Thank you for providing the information.

• Did you try the steps suggested by Suvarna Govinda above, what was the result?
    As I understand the issue, Themes in Windows doesn't have the options to change on its own. Only the Wallpapers in the themes can change as selected ( Picture, Solid color and Slide Show ).

I would suggest you to make us understand that if the Wallpapers are changing in Theme which you have selected.

Below are the steps you can check if it helps.

• Press Windows + I keys and select Personalization.
    • Select Theme and select the Default theme.
    • Select the Desktop Background below and select the Picture
      and save it and check.
    Please post us back if the issue resolves. We are glad to help you.

Sachin Venkatesh, Oct 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Change Theme in Google Chrome - Similar Threads - Change Theme Google

2. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  3. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.: So after deleting one drive, due to it completely screwing up my shortcuts making them look weird, Google Chrome decided to stay like this. Any help on how to fix it, while it isn't really breaking anything, everything works fine it just looks weird and I would prefer it to...
  4. Google Chrome's appearance changed to this.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dark theme on Chrome?

in Browsers and Email
    Dark theme on Chrome?: Hello all. My chrome browser has now gone into dark theme (background) and I cannot change it? I have checked for recent Win 10 updates as this changed 2 days ago but none (last one 18-7-21). I tried to reset the chrome browser and still within any tab opened it is always...
  6. Dark theme on Chrome?

in Windows 10 Support
    Dark theme on Chrome?: Hello all. My chrome browser has now gone into dark theme (background) and I cannot change it? I have checked for recent Win 10 updates as this changed 2 days ago but none (last one 18-7-21). I tried to reset the chrome browser and still within any tab opened it is always...
  7. Chrome Themes on Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    Chrome Themes on Edge: Is there an easy way to install Chrome themes on the new Edge? 154996
  8. Google Chrome new theme

in Browsers and Email
    Google Chrome new theme: If you want to try the new Google Chrome theme just go to chrome://flags and search for UI Layout for the browser's top chrome and change it to refresh 114285
  9. Change Google Chrome Profile Avatar

in Browsers and Email
    Change Google Chrome Profile Avatar: I have an Outlook account instead of a Gmail account.
  10. Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows: How to: Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows How to Change Homepage in Google Chrome for Windows When you click/tap on the Home button [img] in Google Chrome, it'll take you to your homepage. You can set your Home button. This tutorial will show you how...