Windows 10: Change these settings after clean install win10 on a new SSD?

Discus and support Change these settings after clean install win10 on a new SSD? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Greetings. After some troubble with a few games and settings, I installed windows 10 pro on a SSD. I then got this list, which I was told to use as my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Burgurne, Nov 2, 2017.

1. Burgurne Win User

Change these settings after clean install win10 on a new SSD?

Greetings.
    After some troubble with a few games and settings, I installed windows 10 pro on a SSD. I then got this list, which I was told to use as my PC is mainly a gamer-PC.
    Can you recommend me to use this list complete, or is it "too much"?
    I really can't see why I should get a local account instead of my Microsoft account on my PC because of problems with a game?? I would really like to get some feedback to this, as I think it is a bit overwhelming to do so much.

The list:

I hear a lot of people experiencing all kinds of issues after each Windows 10 Creator update.
    I never had any problems with any of the updates. And I came to conclusion that perhaps
    there are a few things that might be causing this issue.
    Nr.1: Windows Fast Startup. Disabling it resolves a lot of issues. You can disable it by
    navigating to Control Panel\Hardware and Sound\Power Options\System Settings and
    removing check-mark from "Turn on fast startup (recommended)".
    Nr.2: Power Options - set to High Performance to let the CPU run on full capacity at all times
    rather than let it throttle. Helps with performance in games and prevents CPU from throttling.
    Nr.3: General things to do after you install a fresh copy of Windows (in essence remove all the
    Telemetry Garbage that Microsoft forces by default):
    First, do not login to your computer with Microsoft Account. If you already did then disable
    Microsoft Account and create a Local Account.
    Type "Privacy" in Search Windows.
    Click Privacy Settings.
    In General Tab set everything to Off.
    Click on Manage my Microsoft advertising and other personalization info and set everything to
    Off. (A browser will open up).
    In Location Tab, set everything to Off unless you are using one of those features.
    In Camera Tab set everything to Off.
    In Account Info set everything to Off.
    In Contacts set everything to Off.
    Calendar leave On.
    In Message Tab set everything to Off.
    In Radios set everything to Off.
    In Other Devices set everything to Off.
    Feedback & diagnostics set to Never for "Windows should ask for my feedback" and set
    Diagnostic and usage data to Basic.
    In Background apps set those apps that you don't use to Off.
    Open Microsoft Edge and click on three dots on the top right corner and then click on Settings.
    Click on View Advanced Settings and set everything to Off except "Block Popo-Ups" and "Use
    Adobe Flash Player".
    Press on your keyboard 'Windows + R' and type gpedit.msc and hit enter.
    In Local Group Policy Editor navigate to Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates
    --> Windows Components --> One Drive
    On the right side double click on 'Prevent the usage of OneDrive for file storage' and set it to
    Enable and Apply. Do not close Local Group Policy Editor.
    In Local Group Policy Editor navigate to Computer Configuration --> Administrative Templates
    --> All Settings and find 'Allow Telemetry' on the right side.
    Double click on 'Allow Telemetry' and set it to Disabled and Apply.
    Navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components >
    Search.
    Locate the “Allow Cortana” setting in the right pane and double-click it.
    Set the Allow Cortana option to “Disabled” and then click “OK”.
    Press on your keyboard 'Windows + R' and type regedit and hit enter.
    In the Registry Editor navigate to Computer --> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE --> SOFTWARE -->
    Microsoft --> Windows --> CurrentVersion --> Policies --> DataCollection
    Then on the right side double click 'AllowTelemetry' and change value to 0 and then Ok to
    save.
    In 'Search Windows' type command and right click on 'Command Prompt' and then 'Run As
    Administrator'.
    Go to root. (cd ..)
    Run the following commands:
    SC DELETE DIAGTRACK
    SC DELETE DMWAPPUSHSERVICE
    ECHO "" >
    C:\PROGRAMDATA\MICROSOFT\DIAGNOSIS\ETLLOGS\AUTOLOGGER\AUTOLOGGERDIAGTRACK-LISTENER.ETL
    In 'Search Windows' type Cortana
    Set everything to Off.
    Under 'Manage what Cortana knows about me in the cloud' clear all history if you were logged
    in with your Microsoft Account. Once again, Disable Microsoft Account if you are still logged in
    with it.
    For better performance and to prevent memory leak in Windows disable NDU
    Open regedit
    Go to:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Ndu
    Modify "Start" Value to 4 to disable it.
    ========================
    Remove garbage applications by Microsoft - open PowerShell and run as administrator then
    perform these commands to remove tools that most likely you won't ever use:
    Uninstall Phone and Uninstall Phone Companion
    get-appxpackage *phone* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall Calendar and Mail apps
    get-appxpackage *communicationsapps* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall People
    get-appxpackage *people* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall Alarms & Clock
    get-appxpackage *alarms* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall Camera
    get-appxpackage *camera* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall Maps
    get-appxpackage *maps* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall Voice Recorder
    get-appxpackage *soundrecorder* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall Microsoft Solitaire Collection
    get-appxpackage *solitaire* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall 3D Builder
    get-appxpackage *3dbuilder* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall OneNote
    get-appxpackage *onenote* | remove-appxpackage
    Uninstall XBox
    Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage –AllUsers
    Remove-AppxPackage Microsoft.XboxApp_22.23.18005.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
    ============================
    Then go to Services and disable all Xbox services, which are causing a lot of issues for many
    games.

:)

Burgurne, Nov 2, 2017

2. Clean installing Windows 10 on new SSD

I have upgraded my Win8.1 to Win10. I want to add an SSD and do a clean install of Win10. My concerns are regarding the activation of Win10 after the clean install on the new SSD. I know how to create a bootable Win10 on an USB stick but will the new Win10
    activate without a problem?

Chi Man Wong, Nov 2, 2017
  3. tiits Win User
    Activate failure after a clean win10 install ( win10 already activated before format disk)

I Had Windows 7 Home Edition, Installed Windows 10. In Windows 7 my genuine key was working, no problems. upgraded to windows 10, BAM, my genuine key blacklisted. is this your way to make people buy your stuff ? cuz if it is, you failed. i know that windows
    10 is supposed to be like, "yeah i can run on your windows 7 key too" and yet it doesn't. you like blacklist every new key that comes in or ?

tiits, Nov 2, 2017
  4. Burgurne Win User

Nobody changes anything after a clean install??

Please, write some do and/or don't

Burgurne, Nov 2, 2017
  5. Steve C Win User
    Don't bother since Windows 10 should configure your PC for the SSD.

Steve C, Nov 3, 2017
  6. CountMike New Member
    I don't change nearly close to that number of windows parts and turn off just stuff I don't use, like hibernation file for instance. I always use same MS account so many things get synced even across 2 computers and some with Windows phone. Any other changes I make is because I have to in case of something going bad.
    Actually, first thing I do is to update drivers without changing a thing beforehand.
    Disabling or uninstalling UWP parts and APPs actually have nothing to do with OS itself and that's highly individual thing.

CountMike, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Change these settings after clean install win10 on a new SSD? - Similar Threads - Change settings clean

2. Clean Install Windows on New SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clean Install Windows on New SSD: Hello I've currently got HDD running on my laptop with os and games,but I wanted to upgrade SSD and clean install windows 10 on it, without losing games which are over gigs of worth re-downloading on them on 1mbps connection will be frustrating,I want to remove OS partition...
  3. Clean Install Windows on New SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Clean Install Windows on New SSD: Hello I've currently got HDD running on my laptop with os and games,but I wanted to upgrade SSD and clean install windows 10 on it, without losing games which are over gigs of worth re-downloading on them on 1mbps connection will be frustrating,I want to remove OS partition...
  4. Clean install to new SSD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Clean install to new SSD: I just purchased a SSD to replace my HDD and I am trying to install windows 10 on the new SSD. I have the key, and the cloning didn’t work for me. I am just looking for a fresh new install on the new SSD so I can remove the old HDD. Any and all help is greatly appreciated....
  5. Clean install of a new SSD

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean install of a new SSD: I recently installed a new ssd for my OS, some a game and some programs off a USB stick. Now I have a two system reserved (D:) and (E:) with nothing in them, I'm assuming there is some hidden files but I'.m curious if I can delete them to regain the little bit of space (I...
  6. Change out to SSD and a Clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change out to SSD and a Clean install: Want to change out a HDD to SSD and also do a clean install (with no risk to licenses) of W10. What is best sequence. Install SSD first, do clean install pointing at SSD or do Clean install on HDD then move to SSD ?...
  7. Upgrade to Win10 followed by clean install to a new SSD?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrade to Win10 followed by clean install to a new SSD?: I have duly upgraded my Windows 7 desktop to Windows 10 and it is shown as 'Activated': I have also downloaded the Windows 10 ISO file and saved that to a DVD: I now want to change my boot HDD to an SSD. Would the following method make sense? 1. Install the SSD and clone my...
  8. Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors

Clean Win10 install on New SSD- formatting errors: Hi all, Operator skill level- medium - its been 4.5 years since my last build, zero experience installing Win8 or Win10 Brand new Clean install from full WIndows 10 USB3.0 retail package Gigabyte GA-970A-D3P motherboard AMD FX-8350 Black Edition Vishera 16 Gig...
  9. Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD

Clean win10 install with completely formatted SSD: Hi to all I have my Acer laptop around 2 months , and now i want to fresh install win 10 What I've done ,I created USB image via Rufus with Win10 home (which I had on my new laptop preinstalled) I writed down my licence key. Ive booted and cleaned SSD completely with new...
  10. Clean install on new SSD

Clean install on new SSD: Hello Everyone, I intend to buy a new SSD in the coming weeks, not sure if its a Samsung Evo 250, or 500 GB drive, To install windows 10, I plan to do a Fresh Clean install of windows 10 on the new SSD, I have seen so many ways on this Forum, on the best way to do a Clean...