Windows 10: change those shell32.dll icons

Discus and support change those shell32.dll icons in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; [img] Hi to all! Does anyone know if can I change those icons via resource hacker? 103971 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by karapialis, Feb 8, 2018.

1. change those shell32.dll icons

change those shell32.dll icons [​IMG]

Hi to all! Does anyone know if can I change those icons via resource hacker?

:)

karapialis, Feb 8, 2018

2. Can't change icons Windows 10

I can change the icons for shortcuts to just about anything but changing folder icons is the only problem. Why can I only use shell32.dll to change folder icons??? It doesn't make any sense!

Student678, Feb 8, 2018
  3. Change icons in Windows 10

It is the same for Windows 10.

Right click folder -> Properties -> Customize -> Change Icon (It pulls up shell32.dll by default , which has lots of icons, but you could browse to whatever you like)

A_User_Here, Feb 8, 2018
  4. Edwin New Member

change those shell32.dll icons

Not all of them.
    Where did you get that theme?
    The author of the theme should have supplied an image folder and style sheet for those items.

change those shell32.dll icons [​IMG]

Edwin, Feb 8, 2018
  5. it's mine, dude: Chrono vintage 2 (Fall + Creators update) by MacGyver7 on DeviantArt
    i dont ve any folder for shell32.dll.
    I like so much the theme in your image!!!! I am fan of chrononaut themes...Do you share this?? I forget the shell32 now haha!!

karapialis, Feb 8, 2018
  6. Edwin New Member
    Nice theme! *Thumbs

You might be able to change a few of those images, but not the Help image, in shell32.dll
    Start with IconGroup in RH, start at the bottom of the IconGroup tree.

Mine comes from here:

THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA

Edwin, Feb 8, 2018
  7. wow! your theme is awesome!!!!! Thank you man, I will try to do that but I think I will change to your theme :Ρ

karapialis, Feb 8, 2018
  8. Edwin New Member

You'll like it, ORTHODOXX67 does amazing work!

Edwin, Feb 8, 2018
  9. yeah, it s really amazing, but I refuse to pay 8e for one windows...theme. I thing it s high price

karapialis, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. change those shell32.dll icons - Similar Threads - change those shell32

2. Folder icons. Are there other dll's than c:\windows\system\shell32.dll containing folder icons?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder icons. Are there other dll's than c:\windows\system\shell32.dll containing folder icons?: Are there other dll's than c:\windows\system\shell32.dll containing folder icons?I used another another one several years ago but have forgotten the name :-...
  3. Problem with shell32.dll on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with shell32.dll on Windows 10: The following worked on Windows 7, but now Windows 10 - noticed it in Java, but this is also the case when you invoke this from the command line: rundll32 shell32.dll,OpenAs_RunDLL "path" If "path" is a filename without any other path components, it works even now....
  4. An updated set of icons in shell32.dll is long overdue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    An updated set of icons in shell32.dll is long overdue: [ATTACH] A peek look into the icons in #Windows10 Shell32.DLL is a time travel to Windows 95 era. You will find gadgets, products that are long dead like a CRT Monitor, MSN Butterfly, Zune like music player and so on. I think these are overdue for a refresh to 2019....
  5. change these shell32.dll.mui icons

in Windows 10 Customization
    change these shell32.dll.mui icons: Hi guys! do you Know how can I change the specific icons (see my image)? [img] 122504
  6. shell32.dll error and other problems?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    shell32.dll error and other problems?: Hello, there's a problem with my windows 10 laptop, I don't exactly know whats wrong, but when I login to my account it always says something about shell32.dll missing. Ever since that happened I wasn't able to press anything, the WiFi icon is gone and I can't connect to the...
  7. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD: Can you please help with this blue screen. I get different kind of blue screen since a few month, this one is latest. Its not my ram I tested it. Some help pls, thanks. https://1drv.ms/u/s!AjWUmvzIdGqijgmU1yi48Lp8a3vI...
  8. "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll": Hello- I have installed a couple of games (Rainbow Six Seige + Fortnite ) and both display "C:\Windows\SysWOW64\shell32.dll". as a sort of crash? Minecraft runs fine and so does everything- Dell Support Assist says my computer is fine so....? How do I access Shell32 files...
  9. Computer won't boot after replacing imageres.dll and shell32.dll

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer won't boot after replacing imageres.dll and shell32.dll: Hello everyone, I am in desperate need of help. I hated Windows 10's icons so i tried replacing them with copies from Windows 8.1, the copy succeeded but when i tried to boot back into Windows it got stuck at the loading screen and kept flashing repeatedly, can you please...
  10. Missing shell32.dll and WININET.dll file

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing shell32.dll and WININET.dll file: My computer just shut off on my, and once i turned it back on it said that i had a missing shell32.dll and WININET.dll file. I was never messing with any files, just playing a video game. I cant open anything besides documents. I tried looking stuff up on how to fix but it...
Tags: