Windows 10: Change Three Finger Flick Gesture Action

Discus and support Change Three Finger Flick Gesture Action in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I want to change the three finger action on my laptop touchpad. I have win 8.1 driver synaptics driver installed. The three finger gestures can't be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by hashedout, Dec 11, 2015.

1. hashedout Win User

Change Three Finger Flick Gesture Action

I want to change the three finger action on my laptop touchpad. I have win 8.1 driver synaptics driver installed. The three finger gestures can't be changed, only enabled or disbaled. Now, the gestures do the forward and backward navigation on left/right three finger swipe and pageup and pagedown action on up/down swipe. I want to change the up/down or if possible left/right gestures to the new actions introduced in win 10.
    researched a bit online and I think that maybe they can be changed through registry edits.

Secondly, I also want to change three finger press to Notification centre. I have a option to launch any program with this gesture so I want to know that if an executable shortcut can be created to windows notification centre (shortcut: Win+A).

:)

hashedout, Dec 11, 2015

2. Issues with touch pad on Windows 10

I have hp 2000 notebook pc I had touchpad gestures like right, left and top edge swipes in my both windows 8 and windows 8.1 but after upgrading to windows 10 none of these gestures are available but my other gestures like two fingers glide, pinch and three
    fingers flick are all available. windows 10 os have these gestures like swiping from the left to go to multitasking screen and swiping from the right opens the action center why I lost these gestures. please tell me if any solutions are available.

original title: touch pad gestures

Ben krrish, Dec 11, 2015
  3. Windows Touch pad Gestures

I have activated the three finger swipe gestures to open the action centre and show the desktop on my laptop. But when I do swipe up or down with three fingers it always opens the Cortana. Two and four finger gestures are working properly. How can I fix
    this issue?

Sampath Harshana, Dec 11, 2015
  4. hashedout Win User

I found those registry locations:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    Synaptics
    SynTPEnh
    But still dont know how to edit the 3FingerGestures

hashedout, Dec 11, 2015
  5. Kaiketsu Win User
    Bump. I have a Dell XPS 9343 laptop with a precision touchpad driver. I hate the default option for three finger flicker; I don't want it to cycle through apps, I want it to act as forward and backward button (for firefox and alike).

is there ANY way to change/mod this?

Win10 offers an option to change three finger swipe... too bad you can only change it to "do nothing". Pathetic, really...

Kaiketsu, Jan 4, 2016
  6. hashedout Win User
    I don't have my laptop right now but I remember finding a 3 Finger Gesture Key in registry which had many values, so maybe if we exchange those values we could both get what we want.
    I will not be able to access my laptop for like a month but you could search for GESTURE keyword in regedit (keep pressing F3 till you have found the correct one) and post it here. I will do the same in about a month.

Cheers

hashedout, Jan 4, 2016
  7. hashedout Win User
    I googled the location of the key but since I can't confirm it, I'll leave it to you.
    Here's the location:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    SOFTWARE
    Synaptics
    SynTPEnh
    PlugInConfig
    Defaults
    3FingerGestures

hashedout, Jan 4, 2016
  8. Kaiketsu Win User

Well, that's for Synpatics driver, which my Dell doesn't have :< I have a precision driver.

Kaiketsu, Jan 4, 2016
  9. hashedout Win User
    Well, In that case you can Google the problem and hope that someone has found a solution for it or maybe you can still find a registry hack yourself.
    In any case, good luck! (y)

hashedout, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Change Three Finger Flick Gesture Action - Similar Threads - Change Three Finger

2. Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with windows 11 kiosk mode three and four finger gestures.: Hello, I am writing to bring to your attention a pressing issue that I have been unable to resolve.I am using Microsoft Edge as a single-kiosk application on a Windows 11 Pro system. Regrettably, I have encountered a significant bug that allows me to inadvertently drag the...
  3. Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering: Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the community but I'm in it student who works in the field so I feel that I may have a lot to offer but in this specific case I've just about gone through all common troubleshooting techniques and none have worked. The specific issue I'm...
  4. Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering: Hello everyone, I'm brand new to the community but I'm in it student who works in the field so I feel that I may have a lot to offer but in this specific case I've just about gone through all common troubleshooting techniques and none have worked. The specific issue I'm...
  5. Touchpad gestures light two finger scroll and three finger multi view are not registering

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Allow three-finger gestures for audio control when screen is locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Allow three-finger gestures for audio control when screen is locked: Hi,Is it possible to allow three-finger gestures for audio control when the screen is locked? I don’t have dedicated keys to play/pause or change track, so I set up the three-finger gestures to change audio and volume. The problem is that it stops working when the screen...
  7. How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Three-finger Swipe Gesture is a great way to add a shortcut to your Touchpad. You can swipe using your three fingers to do a certain task. In this post, we will see how to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10 computers. Let us go to the guide. Change...
  8. Slowing down three-finger switching apps gesture ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Slowing down three-finger switching apps gesture ?: Hey guys, I'm fairly used to the switching apps gesture but it's damn too fast, I have to do micro movements on the trackpad to be able to choose which app to switch to/go to the previous app. Is there any way to slow down the gesture sensitivity so that's it's easier to...
  9. Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad

Disable Three Finger Gesture of touchpad: Hi guys, I need a bit of help with finding settings for Laptop's gestures. The problem is the three-finger-touch gesture. I want to disable it because many times the search bar pops up and doesn't go back no matter what. I've to repeatedly log off to remove it from the...
  10. Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.

Can't change Three finger and four finger swipes.: Hello friends suddenly my three finger swipe up changes from 'Change Audio Volume' to ' Switch desktop and Show desktop' . I have tried to change in 'Touchpad settings' I have also tried to change from registry this values. ActionID1 = 5c ActionID3 = 5f ActionID5 =...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change three finger action windows