Windows 10: Change to a new c drive

Discus and support Change to a new c drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been running on a old 250gb hard drive for the past couple months and have recently purchased a new hard drive and some ssd’s i would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alexwhynot, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Change to a new c drive

I have been running on a old 250gb hard drive for the past couple months and have recently purchased a new hard drive and some ssd’s i would like to transfer my files from my old hard drive to my new one and make my new hard drive the default drive for my computer. I have tried copying all my files to the new drive but some files will not copy over.

:)

alexwhynot, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Nov 8, 2019
  3. C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

Change to a new c drive 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Nov 8, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Change to a new c drive

Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?

@zbook- what I'm suggesting should resurrect the PC, provided what's left on the "C:" is at all viable - the clean install is just a step to that. Saves a lot of technical bits and time on our part.

dalchina, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Change to a new c drive

1. Change to a new c drive - Similar Threads - Change drive

2. Can I, using a recovery USB, change what drive my windows is installed to?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I, using a recovery USB, change what drive my windows is installed to?: My SSD is spitting out errors like crazy and I want to move my windows install to my secondary HDD. I have a recovery USB from the maker of my PC, but I can't get a clear answer on if the USB will let me choose what drive it goes on. Help?...
  3. Windows arbitrarily changes a drive letter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows arbitrarily changes a drive letter: Windows arbitrarily decides to change the drive letter for my SD card from J back to its default D. Why its default is D, I have no friggin clue, but it's wrong for my purposes and that's why I changed it to J. Why I need it this way, is of no concern and is irrelevant,...
  4. Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive Change: I had to replace the hard drive in my laptop since the last one was no good and wouldn't boot up. How can I reinstall windows 10 on my new hard drive without having a product key or disk?...
  5. How to change SYSTEM drive letter from C to any other letter (A or Z)

How to change SYSTEM drive letter from C to any other letter (A or Z): Hello! I have a dark desire and some OCD related spasms to make some changes on how Windows10 is arranging the drive letters in explorer.exe, i would really appreciate any guide, advice or joke :) on this. Short story I want to change the default system partition letter...
  6. Windows Update (war never changes) 1903 messed my computer up bigtime. Drive letters mixed up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Update (war never changes) 1903 messed my computer up bigtime. Drive letters mixed up.: I hate that Windows is like this. You have no freakin idea what's happening to your PC. I've heard people say Windows Update takes so long to finish bc of all its security features and failsafes. Well that is probably BS most of the time. My recovery neither could uninstall...
  7. Need Windows 10 Product Key after Changing Out Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Need Windows 10 Product Key after Changing Out Hard Drive: Followed website for backup and restore of Windows 10 going from laptop hard drive, which is upgraded Windows 10 from Windows 8. Now Microsoft Account message says I need a valid product key. How do I get it?...
  8. Drive Letter on USB extenal Drive auto-changed with W10 update ... old letter now unavailable

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive Letter on USB extenal Drive auto-changed with W10 update ... old letter now unavailable: Hello. I just upgraded from Win7 to Win10 (1903) on a Dell Vostro 2520 laptop (i3, 8GB, 64-bit). Boot is UEFI. All drivers are up-to-date. I have admin privileges. Storage is an internal Crucial SSD [C:] and an external Seagate 2TB USB drive, which was set to Drive [E:]...
  9. Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to change app storage drive after reinstalling Windows (0x800700005): I had The Outer Worlds installed from Microsoft Game Pass PC in my D: drive before reformatting and reinstalling Windows 10 on my C: drive (the D:\WindowsApps folder is still occupied). I wanted to reinstall The Outer Worlds in my D: drive, so I tried changing the new app...
  10. Windows 10 does not recognize change of external hard drive

Windows 10 does not recognize change of external hard drive: I had something really creepy happen today with Windows 10 Version 1903. Last month I bought a pair of Seagate external USB-connected 8 TB hard drives, model 1XAAY5-570. I unpacked one of them, connected it to my computer, and ran a full system backup. Today I powered down...