Windows 10: Change to a new c drive

Discus and support Change to a new c drive in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have been running on a old 250gb hard drive for the past couple months and have recently purchased a new hard drive and some ssd’s i would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by alexwhynot, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Change to a new c drive

I have been running on a old 250gb hard drive for the past couple months and have recently purchased a new hard drive and some ssd’s i would like to transfer my files from my old hard drive to my new one and make my new hard drive the default drive for my computer. I have tried copying all my files to the new drive but some files will not copy over.

:)

alexwhynot, Nov 8, 2019
  2. Ramon Imp Win User

Reformatting the c drive

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, we would like to know the following:

• What the exact error message that you're getting when you try to reformat your C: drive?
    • Why do you want to reformat your your C: drive?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you taken to resolve the issue?
    • Did you make any significant changes to your computer prior to the issue?

We look forward to your reply.

Ramon Imp, Nov 8, 2019
  3. C: drive

Hi Viva,

If you recently made some changes on your machine and needs to access
    C: drive
    , you can do it by following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + E.
    • On the left pane, click This PC. It will show you list of different folders. For
      C: drive, it may look like this.

Change to a new c drive 26098bd9-c4a9-4b92-b7a6-d437f0a281ea.jpg

If you have further queries, feel free to reply to this post.

Amylove Loy, Nov 8, 2019
  4. dalchina Win User

Change to a new c drive

Stuck in Automatic Repair = inadvertently changed C: drive path?

@zbook- what I'm suggesting should resurrect the PC, provided what's left on the "C:" is at all viable - the clean install is just a step to that. Saves a lot of technical bits and time on our part.

dalchina, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Change to a new c drive

1. Change to a new c drive - Similar Threads - Change drive

2. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved": My two USB drives, visible in Explorer, do not appear as options when I navigate Settings > Storage > "Change where new content is saved."These drives also don't show in "View storage usage on other drives," but they are shown when I try to add drives from "View backup...
  3. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved": My two USB drives, visible in Explorer, do not appear as options when I navigate Settings > Storage > "Change where new content is saved."These drives also don't show in "View storage usage on other drives," but they are shown when I try to add drives from "View backup...
  4. USB drives not showing in "Change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I accidentally changed the owner of drive c: from system to my user account and I don't...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I accidentally changed the owner of drive c: from system to my user account and I don't...: I did this by complete accident and people are saying it is bad and makes the pc unstable making icons disappear etc. I have yet to encounter these issues people listed but just incase would like to know if there is a fix that doesn't involve reinstalling windows....
  6. I accidentally changed the owner of drive c: from system to my user account and I don't...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally changed the owner of drive c: from system to my user account and I don't...: I did this by complete accident and people are saying it is bad and makes the pc unstable making icons disappear etc. I have yet to encounter these issues people listed but just incase would like to know if there is a fix that doesn't involve reinstalling windows....
  7. I accidentally changed the owner of drive c: from system to my user account and I don't...

8. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...
  9. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?: I have an MSI Z87 G65 Mobo with an Intel i5 4 core CPU with three storage drives. My C drive is on a 300G Intel ssd and my other 2 are a 1T and a 2T Toshiba hhd. While doing my initial setup I left my 1T drive unable to be utilized due to me not populating/allocating? it. I...
  10. How do I rename and change which drive is my primary/system/boot driver?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware