Windows 10: Change to Cortana

Discus and support Change to Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Why is Cortana no longer able to be initiated by saying "hey Cortana?" And for the record, not being able to set a reminder on the app is really... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MyOfficePlus, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Change to Cortana

Why is Cortana no longer able to be initiated by saying "hey Cortana?" And for the record, not being able to set a reminder on the app is really disappointing.

:)

MyOfficePlus, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Meghana C Win User
    Change Cortana icon back to default

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issues you are facing with Cortana.

To assist you better, kindly explain what steps you performed to change the Cortana icon?

I suggest you to follow below steps to turn off Cortana’s personalization:

• Go to Cortana >
      Notebook > About Me.

• Click to select your
      Microsoft account

• On the Account page, click again to select your Microsoft account.
    • Select Sign out and restart the system, again sign in back and check.

I suggest you to install all the available Windows updates and check the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check the issue in other user accounts if you have any. If you don't have other user accounts, then I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the following article on
    how to create a new user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Please get back to us to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Change to Cortana

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Change to Cortana

1. Change to Cortana - Similar Threads - Change Cortana

2. How to change the Cortana shortcut

in Cortana
    How to change the Cortana shortcut: How do I change or turn off the Windows+C Cortana shortcut key? Or change it.This answer tries to explain how but is not written in a away I could understand at all...
  3. How to change the Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change the Cortana shortcut: How do I change or turn off the Windows+C Cortana shortcut key? Or change it.This answer tries to explain how but is not written in a away I could understand at all...
  4. How to change the Cortana shortcut

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Cortana Voice has changed to some random

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cortana Voice has changed to some random: Hi all,One of the reasons I really liked Cortana on Windows 10 was that she was voiced by the Cortana from the Halo Series.I tried using Cortana again after a year or so, and to my surprise, her voice is now some generic lady, not the Cortana as voiced by Jen Taylor.Why has...
  6. Cortana Voice has changed to some random

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana Voice has changed to some random: Hi all,One of the reasons I really liked Cortana on Windows 10 was that she was voiced by the Cortana from the Halo Series.I tried using Cortana again after a year or so, and to my surprise, her voice is now some generic lady, not the Cortana as voiced by Jen Taylor.Why has...
  7. Cortana Voice has changed to some random

in Cortana
  8. CORTANA NOT WORKING AFTER REGION CHANGE TOO

in Cortana
    CORTANA NOT WORKING AFTER REGION CHANGE TOO: Hi Mahroof here. i am using windows 10 home edition. i tried to use the function of cortana. unfortunately its doesnt work after region change as well. i need a solution. thank you...
  9. Cortana search box half changes colour randomly, revert on mouse hover

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana search box half changes colour randomly, revert on mouse hover: Hi all, Been having this issue ever since a recent Windows update on my work laptop (current OS Build 19043.1023) I can't 100% figure out what exactly triggers this, but occasionally the Cortana search box will partially change colour (see below) only to revert back once I...
  10. Disk Space has not changed after deleting Cortana permanently

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Space has not changed after deleting Cortana permanently: I have a similar problem to the people who uninstalled theirgames.I have very low disk space on refurbished Lenovo 110S, I do not run Itunes, photos or Messenger and have taken out several other apps.Cortana, is an app I have never used so this appeared to be holding on to a...