Windows 10: Change to Cortana

Discus and support Change to Cortana in Cortana to solve the problem; Why is Cortana no longer able to be initiated by saying "hey Cortana?" And for the record, not being able to set a reminder on the app is really... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MyOfficePlus, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Change to Cortana

Why is Cortana no longer able to be initiated by saying "hey Cortana?" And for the record, not being able to set a reminder on the app is really disappointing.

:)

MyOfficePlus, Sep 15, 2020
  2. Dewdrop_ Win User

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Meghana C Win User
    Change Cortana icon back to default

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issues you are facing with Cortana.

To assist you better, kindly explain what steps you performed to change the Cortana icon?

I suggest you to follow below steps to turn off Cortana’s personalization:

• Go to Cortana >
      Notebook > About Me.

• Click to select your
      Microsoft account

• On the Account page, click again to select your Microsoft account.
    • Select Sign out and restart the system, again sign in back and check.

I suggest you to install all the available Windows updates and check the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check the issue in other user accounts if you have any. If you don't have other user accounts, then I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the following article on
    how to create a new user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Please get back to us to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Change to Cortana

Cortana

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community.

Appreciate your efforts to work on this issue.

This issue can occur if some of the system files are not working as expected.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to
    troubleshoot Cortana on the PC

Note: Do not go with the ‘Reset PC’ option for now.

Method 1: Follow these steps to disable Cortana:

1. Sign-in to the PC with your Microsoft account.
    2. In the search box at the bottom, type Disable Cortana.
    3. Once the suggestions appear in the list, click Cortana & Search settings.
    4. From the right section of the Settings pane, move the top button to ‘Off’ to disable Cortana from Windows 10.

Method 2: Follow these steps to check if that helps.

1. Launch Cortana from the search bar on the taskbar.
    2. Then, from the left pane click the settings button.
    3. Under "Cortana" (the first option) and slide the pill switch to the ‘Off’ position.

Method 3: Launch the Settings app and click on Privacy. Navigate to Speech, inking, & typing, and click Stop getting to know me. These steps will disable Cortana.

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Change to Cortana

1. Change to Cortana - Similar Threads - Change Cortana

2. Can I change the search engine of Cortana ?

in Cortana
    Can I change the search engine of Cortana ?: I want to change search engine of Cortana from Bing to Google bcoz I do not like image search of Bing, it do not give the result that I want https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-change-the-search-engine-of-cortana/70111996-22d6-4cd7-bf0f-347470c5a73c
  3. Change Cortana?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Cortana?: Hi, I thought it would be funny if I could change Cortana (voice control) on my HP Probook, e.g. that I could think of my own questions and answers, and then when I ask the question Cortana gives the answer I wrote down on her "notebook". Are there specific apps for this or...
  4. Microsoft provides details on upcoming changes to Cortana

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft provides details on upcoming changes to Cortana: Cortana is continuing to redefine the nature of a digital assistant, with new AI-powered experiences in Microsoft 365 that are accelerating productivity to help save you time and focus on the things that matter most. As we make this shift toward a transformational...
  5. how to change the temp unit to C in cortana?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to change the temp unit to C in cortana?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/SnoopDoge93 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hxq37v/how_to_change_the_temp_unit_to_c_in_cortana/
  6. Is there a way to use cortana without changing the whole OS language

in Cortana
    Is there a way to use cortana without changing the whole OS language: My mother tongue is Turkish but I can speak English, too. So can I use Cortana without changing the OS language to English? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/is-there-a-way-to-use-cortana-without-changing-the/05b3866e-d4e5-4be2-af05-c65436807d22
  7. How can I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How can I change what Cortana calls me?: Hello Microsoft! Yesterday my younger brother used my Surface Book and in the "Notebook" section of Cortana changed what Cortana called me it was user earlier, I never touched Cortana's settings. As he has done so now, can I change it? I have searched YouTube and have not...
  8. How to change search bar back to Cortana

in Cortana
    How to change search bar back to Cortana: Hi, I have a question regarding the search bar. I just restored my computer back from a system image I created a couple weeks ago. When I booted up, the bar next to the start button is just the search bar now. Can I change this back to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything" bar. I...
  9. cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed...

in Cortana
    cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed...: cortana doesn't respond correctly to my voice and some of the voices words are changed alone by her for example I call say call of duty it plays call of duty on spotify if I say farah call of duty never responds and changes the words windows 10 1909 Yesterday or normal, how...
  10. For Changing cortana language,In future there can be a problem or not

in Cortana
    For Changing cortana language,In future there can be a problem or not: By changing the cortana language form default language to other language. In case In future there can be problem in cortana for changing cortana language...