Windows 10: Change to Windows 10 Pro Microsoft 365 subscription on OEM Windows 10 Home

Discus and support Change to Windows 10 Pro Microsoft 365 subscription on OEM Windows 10 Home in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have Microsoft 365 subscription that allows me to use Pro edition of windows. I have ASUS notebook that have Windows Home pre-installed there. I'm... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dkultasev, Mar 28, 2021.

1. dkultasev Win User

Change to Windows 10 Pro Microsoft 365 subscription on OEM Windows 10 Home

I have Microsoft 365 subscription that allows me to use Pro edition of windows. I have ASUS notebook that have Windows Home pre-installed there. I'm logged in to my Microsoft accounts and even OneDrive is working as expected. How can I change my Windows version to Pro?

:)

dkultasev, Mar 28, 2021
  2. ManofGod Win User

Microsoft Reveals Windows 10 Variants

There is no subscription on Windows and there never will be. Windows as a service does not equal Windows as a subscription. For those comparing Office 365 to this: I have yet to see Office being sold as Office as a service. Windows 10 Mobile is going to be for those smaller devices and probably Windows Phone as well. The only 2 most will see is Windows 10 Home and Windows 10 Pro.

Logic should be the order of the day for IT Pro's but emotions seem to dictate things far to often.

ManofGod, Mar 28, 2021
  3. rtwjunkie Win User
    Microsoft Reveals Windows 10 Variants

Then why would they even mention that people who upgrade in the first year will be free forever? If no subscription for regular W10 purchasers, then there is no reason at all to say this.

rtwjunkie, Mar 28, 2021
  4. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Mar 28, 2021
Thema:

1. Change to Windows 10 Pro Microsoft 365 subscription on OEM Windows 10 Home - Similar Threads - Change Pro Microsoft

2. Windows 10 home to windows 10 pro OEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 home to windows 10 pro OEM: I cloned old PC HDD with Windows 10 Home to SSD of the brand new PC that had windows 10 Pro OEM.How can I update Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro OEM and will I be able to use that OEM key for activation?PS. I am talking about PC that had Windows 10 Pro. Hardware of new PC...
  3. Windows 10 home to windows 10 pro OEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 home to windows 10 pro OEM: I cloned old PC HDD with Windows 10 Home to SSD of the brand new PC that had windows 10 Pro OEM.How can I update Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro OEM and will I be able to use that OEM key for activation?PS. I am talking about PC that had Windows 10 Pro. Hardware of new PC...
  4. Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro: Hello,I purchased a laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM license. I'd like to upgrade it to Pro and I have a few questions.1 If I purchase the retails license and apply on this Windows 10 Home in order to upgrade, will this newly upgraded Windows 10 Pro become OEM or it will be...
  5. Microsoft upgrade from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Microsoft upgrade from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a notebook bought with windows 10 home OEM license and I want to upgrade my license to windows 10 pro. Is there way to do this without buying a new windows 10 pro license? I mean, I just want that my license migrate from windows 10 home OEM to windows pro....
  6. Microsoft upgrade from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft upgrade from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro: Hi, I have a notebook bought with windows 10 home OEM license and I want to upgrade my license to windows 10 pro. Is there way to do this without buying a new windows 10 pro license? I mean, I just want that my license migrate from windows 10 home OEM to windows pro....
  7. Microsoft upgrade from Windows 10 Home OEM to Windows 10 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Windows Home (Subscription Office 365 Home)

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows 10 Pro downgrade to Windows Home (Subscription Office 365 Home): Hi all, I bought online an subscription Office 365 Home And I have a laptop running Windows 10 Pro With this I can't activate my digital key... - Should I downgrade my windows to Home? - Any Tips? Thank you,...
  9. Windows 10 Pro OEM to Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Pro OEM to Windows 10 Home?: Hi, It won't let me use my Windows 10 Home Product key... Do I have to go from Pro OEM to the real Pro version? Help please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-pro-oem-to-windows-10-home/aedaadd6-67b5-4e75-bab1-d1586c40e450"
  10. Motherboard change / Windows 10 and 365 Subscription question

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Motherboard change / Windows 10 and 365 Subscription question: When I assembled this AM4 X370 PC I purchased a Windows 10 Home x64 from Microsoft online directly. Activation went smooth. I have a Microsoft Account and a 365 subscription on this device. Recently upgraded from Ryzen 5 1600 to Ryzen 7 2700X. Windows handled the change very...