Windows 10: Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

Discus and support Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Enes Kavçakar, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

I never use Virtual Desktops, so can I change the touchpad 4 finger gesture from switching between virtual desktops to switching between Virtual Desktops. I know that we have a 3 finger gesture but I want the animation from the 4 finger gesture. Is this possible?

:)

Enes Kavçakar, Dec 28, 2020

2. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

Hi

Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe left-to-right to go to the right virtual desktop. Is there a way to reverse this, so I swipe right-to-left
    to go to the right virtual desktop? I have a HP laptop with Synaptics touchpad driver installed.

Sajal Garg, Dec 28, 2020
  3. How to change Windows 10 Gestures (3 finger swiping)

I just upgraded my Windows 7 Dell Inspiron Laptop to Windows 10.

I now have the Windows 10 three finger gestures on my touchpad that basically act as alt+tab (Swipe left/right:
    move between windows, Swipe up: task switch,
    Swipe down:
    minimize all windows and show the desktop)

I absolutely hate this!

In Windows 7, swiping up and down with 3 fingers allowed me to switch between tabs in my internet browser. And swiping left hit the "back button", and swiping right hit the "forward button" in the browser. I
    liked this! It was SUPER efficient and SUPER convenient. But, this has been overridden by the new Windows 10, 3 finger gestures.

Is there anyway to replace the new Windows 10 3 finger gestures with my old Windows 7 3 finger gestures?

I looked through all the settings and "additional mouse settings" and "touchpad settings" but I haven't found a way to change it.

Again, is there a way to change my Windows 10 3 finger gestures back to the way they were in Windows 7?

AlexLefkowitz, Dec 28, 2020
  4. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are unable to use the three fingers swiping feature not working after updating the version of Windows. We will need some clarity on this issue to guide you accordingly. Hence, kindly respond to the questions
    below.

1. What is the make and model of the PC?
    2. Which touchpad driver is installed on the PC?

I would suggest you to check the gesture settings in the touchpad settings. Follow the steps to check for the gesture settings.

1. Open Settings > Devices > Mouse.
    1. Now on the right hand side click on
      Additional mouse settings.
    2. Select the Device settings tab and click on
      Settings.

We await your response.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 28, 2020
Thema:

Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior

1. Change touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture behavior - Similar Threads - Change touchpad finger

2. How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10

in Windows 10 News
    How to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10: [ATTACH]Three-finger Swipe Gesture is a great way to add a shortcut to your Touchpad. You can swipe using your three fingers to do a certain task. In this post, we will see how to change Three-finger Swipe Gestures in Windows 11/10 computers. Let us go to the guide. Change...
  3. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  4. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: i cant use the features of Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working when i tap with 3 or 4 fingers it didnt respond.when i sweep with them it work easy..but when i tap it didnt worki tried to uninstall the Touchpad drivers on my machinei tried to Download the driver...
  5. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working

Touchpad 3 & 4 finger tap gestures not working: Hello, I recently purchased an Asus Zephyrus G14 2020. The 3 finger tap is set to launch windows search and 4 finger tap set to open the action center. The computer sent to sleep after a couple of hours of non use and upon awakening these gestures have ceased working. I...
  7. 3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working

3/4-finger touchpad gestures stopped working: 2-finger gestures still work fine. Only thing that's changed, is I unplugged my laptop from my external monitor and AC adapter, and replugged both back in. Changing gestures configuration doesn't trigger it to start working. Please have this fixed. Gestures, when...
  8. 3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working

3 finger and 4 finger gesture not working: Hi There is a problem with my 3 finger left right swipe for switching apps its working but when i release it still gets stuck there so again i have to click on the app to switch to that app when I release on the desired app the app should directly open is there any solution...
  9. How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?

How to turn off Back/Forward swipes on two finger touchpad gesture?: Hi there. When a window has horizontal scroll bar the horizontal two-finger gesture scrolls the window. But when no such scroll bar this gesture makes Back or Forward swipes. How to disable two-finger swipes at all and leave only the scroll behaviour? Regards....
  10. Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10

Reverse Touchpad 4 finger swipe gesture on Windows 10: Hi Windows 10 allows to switch workspace with 4 finger swipe gestures. Opposite to my Macbook, I must swipe right-to-left to go to the right virtual desktop. Is there a way to reverse this, so I swipe left-to-right to go to the right virtual desktop? I have a HP laptop with...