Windows 10: Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router

Discus and support Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have an ADSL TP Link Archer D9 modem that has 2X bandwidth for the N (2.4 MHz) range Wifi network and pretty decent range for the AC (5 MHz) network... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 5, 2019.

1. Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router

I have an ADSL TP Link Archer D9 modem that has 2X bandwidth for the N (2.4 MHz) range Wifi network and pretty decent range for the AC (5 MHz) network .

Recently my land line was upgraded to VDSL standard so as I went on to research available VDSL modems I got to realize that most do not focus much on the N range but rather try to improve the AC one significantly or if having a good N range they do not support the AC range at all and the ones that come to offer a near blend to what I have are insanely priced .

I need the N range because I have several smart TVs and TV boxes that do not support the AC standard and having a good bandwidth allow them to work simultaneously with less load time .

So I kind of thought then why don't i just get myself a normal VDSL modem , use a network wire as a bridge to connect it to my old ADSL modem then use it as a router to do all the Wifi networking I am used to .

The only draw back is that i am not quite sure of how to setup the ADSL router to do that so I may need directions to a proper forum or any hints from someone who have a similar setting .

:)

nIGHTmAYOR, Oct 5, 2019
  2. Mussels Win User

TP-Link Intros TL-WDR4300 N750 Wireless Router

fap fap fap fap

i use TP link routers myself, and short of a few bad models (all companies have at least one bad product) they've been excellent. this has awesome specs, and probably has a bunch of standard TP link ones they never mentioned (such as bandwidth shaping)

edi: i actually have the same router and wifi dongle as Sirmango that he linked to above, as well as a TL-WR743ND as a wireless bridge.

edit 2: and actually, my brother has one of their all in one modem/router combos, and its firmware is totally different to their pure router models. its entirely possible they're different teams who make them, thus the quality difference.

Mussels, Oct 5, 2019
  3. Darren Win User
    Wireless cable modem/router/firewall

can someone recommend me a wireless router with built in cable modem. Most of the devices ive seen are equiped with ADSL modems!

required features

• Wireless
    • firewall
    • router
    • Built in cable modem
    • fully telewest/blueyonder compatible

Darren, Oct 5, 2019
  4. runnin17 Win User

Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router

Question about client bridge or repeater bridge router

Okay, so currently I have a Linksys WRT54Gv2 with the latest dd-wrt installed. Looking to get a new wireless N router and use my Linksys in client bridged or repeater bridged mode.

My question is this: should I stick with a linksys router or can I go with another brand and still be just fine?

I have been looking into getting a TP-link router because I have had good experiences with them in the past. I want to stay away from netgear and dlink. Any suggestions?

Would the TP-Link 941ND or 1043ND be a good choice?

Cheers!

runnin17, Oct 5, 2019
Thema:

Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router

1. Change TP Link Modem into Bridged Router - Similar Threads - Change Link Modem

2. How to configure my new TP-Link modem router to allow a VPN connection on Windows?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to configure my new TP-Link modem router to allow a VPN connection on Windows?: I have a router from the ISP that is working ok but with a very short range for WIFI. I bought a new TP-Link router. I did the quick setup nice and easy however when it attempts an Internet Connection Check it fails ALTHOUGH internet is working fine and WIFI is good. But...
  3. I need to port forward for tp-link router

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need to port forward for tp-link router: I have no clue how to do this and all of the results google yields are old it seems. I need to portforward specifically for xbox games pass on Windows. Apparently I need the 3074 ports? And I'm hitting dead ends. I'm at the screen to add a new virtual server (or port I...
  4. Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router

Connect a NBN modem to a ADSL modem router: I am thinking of converting to NBN service in Australia. However, my setup at the moment is single box ADSL modem with a switching router, which I connect my equipment to its LAN ports. With the new NBN standalone modem, how do I connect to the existing switch router...
  5. Cable Modem/router + Personal router

Cable Modem/router + Personal router: My cable company provides a box that is a modem & router. I also use my own router attached to the cable modem. I have done nothing to the cable box except attach a cable from my router to it. Do I need to "Bridge" the cable router or can I use the WiFi from it along with the...
  6. Router TP LINK - no internet access for few seconds. Question.

Router TP LINK - no internet access for few seconds. Question.: Hello. My router TP LINK. Have an question. Connected to wall. Laptop wifi. Yesterday get No internet access for only 5-6 seconds and then internet back and no issues. Is this something with router , or ignore this? I ask because 2 weeks ago i had power out due to washing...
  7. My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router

My dual band TP-LINK Wifi Router: -- works like a charm. However, when I first logged into it to set it up -- it offered me a generic username and password. This allowed me to get to an internet page and create my networks. Once logged in I could create my two networks and passwords. All has been good for...
  8. TP Link WR741ND

TP Link WR741ND: First of all I live in Ecuador. I have the above router and cannot log into the screen which allows me to install VPN software in the router it self. When I type 192.168.0.1 into the address bar of edge, chrome and IE the login page comes up i put the login information in and...
  9. TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.

TP Link TP-WA701ND No longer working as wireless bridge.: A few days ago my wireless bridge stopped working on windows 10. I'm not sure if an update caused this, but I'm also unable to system restore back to any of the previous updates, so I'm currently looking for a fix for this problem. I've tried uninstallign and reinstallign...
  10. USB drive on TP Link router not accessible to only one laptop

USB drive on TP Link router not accessible to only one laptop: All laptops but one can access the USB drive on \\tplinklogin.net. All other devices have no problem either, phones etc. The error message reads: [img] The laptop has been away for over a month on another network and I suspect the access has been disabled due to that....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change tplink cable modem in bridged mode