Windows 10: Change Tray Icons

Discus and support Change Tray Icons in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] It's possible to change the software Tray Icons? Some of them are ugly and others look blurry. Regards!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sansagi, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Change Tray Icons

/u/Sansagi, Nov 8, 2019

2. System Tray Icons Don't Stay in Tray and Instead Keep Moving Up Into "Off Icons"

I tried this suggestion to keep the tray icons I want in my tray THERE

instead of moving up into the icons box at the system tray arrow.

I tried these instructions listed on this site in answer to the same question:

1. click Start.

2. Type Customize icons.

3. click Customize icons on the task bar.

4. Click Turn system icons on or off.

5. Set the icons that you want to On.

6. Click ok.

That works, but not for long.

Then the problem repeats.

I'd like a solution that keeps the icons I select IN THE TRAY till I change them,

even if I power on or off.

The solution seems like it should be simple, but it's not.

To save you time helping me:

I've researched the other threads, and I will not change the Registry,

or create a new account, or do another
    System File Checker (SFC),

or try the solutions listed in those other threads that did not result in a solution,

so please do not propose those.

Do you have an idea that might work? Would love to hear.

Windows 10, updated.

MariaLorraine, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Tray icon disappears

I've been experiencing since the installation of Windows XP SP2 on multiple machines with the ATITool Tray Icon disappearing upon load at system startup. Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not. Enabling or Disabling the "Hide Inactive (tray) Icons" WinXP menu option doesn't have any effect. The only way to open ATITool after it has loaded is to go through the start menu to open it again. I have "minimize on close" selected in ATITool. When closing ATITool, you see it make the motions of minimizing to the tray area but no icon is displayed. Any ideas?

djshowergel, Nov 8, 2019
  4. Change Tray Icons

Notification area (system tray) icons missing, Reset did not work

Hi Kevin,

With regard to your query about the system tray, we suggest that you follow the steps below and see if it helps.

• Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties.
    • In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled
      Notification Area and click on Customize.
    • Click on Turn system icons on or off.
    • If you'd like to always show all icons, turn the slider window to On.
    • Reboot the PC for the changes to take effect.

Let us know the result.

Rafael Com, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

Change Tray Icons

1. Change Tray Icons - Similar Threads - Change Tray Icons

2. Changing System Tray Icons in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing System Tray Icons in Windows 10: Hi, I looked around but it seems like the old tools such as CustomizerGod don't work with Windows 10 20H2 for changing system tray icons to custom ones. Anyone has any recommendation to either the way to manually swap them or a tool which does work with the latest Windows 10...
  3. Is there a way to change a program's tray icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change a program's tray icon?: I have a few 3rd party programs having their icons in my tray, they all have ugly colorful icons and i was wondering if there is any way to replace them, either natively or with a downloadable program. Thanks submitted by /u/gnusmag45 [link] [comments]...
  4. Is there a way to change an application's tray icon?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to change an application's tray icon?: I can't seem to find it if there is submitted by /u/spoonybends [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/irhr5b/is_there_a_way_to_change_an_applications_tray_icon/
  5. Change colour of tray icons

Change colour of tray icons: Anyone know how I change these tray icon colours ? I want to make them match my desktop. 146508
  6. Windows Defender icon tray - Tweak or change

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Defender icon tray - Tweak or change: Hello, i've recently changed my main Windows theme from dark to light, everything is cool except from one thing, the windows defender icon, it remains white on the light theme, is there a way to change it to a dark one? Here is a screenshot [img] 139494
  7. How to change the Spotify tray icon

How to change the Spotify tray icon: I find the Spotify tray icon is not in harmony with other white transparent icons, can someone help me change it to white transparent one or delete it when Spotify is running?:困: (Not hidden in the tray arrow) [img] 114404
  8. Change system tray icons in windows 10

Change system tray icons in windows 10: Hi Forum Does anybody know how can I replace or change my system tray icons in windows 10 ? In Windows 7 I was able to do it but I can't find any information on the web on how to do it in windows 10. Any help? 75598
  9. Change size of time and icons of system tray?

in Windows 10 Support
    Change size of time and icons of system tray?: So Windows 10 did some kind of update and now its got a different feel to it. One thing that changed with the update was the size of text and icons in the system tray. Now they are very large and the time doesn't even fit. Where it should say PM the right side of the M is cut...
  10. Change tray icon info/overlay text

in Windows 10 Support
    Change tray icon info/overlay text: Hello, when you put the mouse cursor over a tray icon, some text is displayed, which is most often the name of that icon's app. What kind of app/editor would let you change it? 63588

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change tray icon mail w10