Windows 10: Change user folder name on Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode

Discus and support Change user folder name on Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I just setup my laptop. Under the C:/Users folder it automatically created a folder using the first five characters of my email address. How... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by jgkwiatek, Dec 8, 2018.

1. jgkwiatek Win User

Change user folder name on Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode

Hello,

I just setup my laptop. Under the C:/Users folder it automatically created a folder using the first five characters of my email address. How can I change the name of this folder? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

John

:)

jgkwiatek, Dec 8, 2018

2. User Account folder name

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with changing the folder name under Users folder in Windows 10.

I suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.

1. Open the File Explorer and double click on C drive.

2. Open Users folder from the list.

3. Click on the user name folder and then tap on F2 Key.

4. Change the name of the folder and hit on Enter Key.

5. It will ask for Administrator Permission and click on Ok.

6. Folder name will be changed.

Get back to us if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Dec 8, 2018
  3. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Dec 8, 2018
  4. Ryan_2013 Win User

Change User Name Folders

"The change the name on the Account folder is more difficult because it is more heavily protected. See this tutorial:https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/89060-chang..."

On this link, the details show renaming another account. I'm wanting to change the Admin account. It's a good thing I had another user setup on my computer, also as an Admin, because after changing the SID in step 8. And, unable to change the name in step
    11. As "Rename" wasn't in the list. I restarted the computer, since the Admin user account name was changed I was unable to load windows. I had to log into my other account, which was setup as Admin and change the SID back to the 5 letters the user name was
    titled.

My computer, Admin account, works again.

I wasn't wanting to just change another account user name, which this is possible to do. I wanted to change the main user, myself.

Ryan_2013, Dec 8, 2018
Thema:

1. Change user folder name on Acer Spin 1 running Windows 10 S Mode - Similar Threads - Change user folder

2. Change user folder name in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change user folder name in Windows 10: Hi,I registered my Windows10 with a Microsoft account. Everything is working fine and I'm very happy. There is one little thing that makes mw crazy. My name is Enrico and Windows 10 has created my user folder with the name enric. I couldn't choose the name of this folder and...
  3. change windows 10 user folder name

in Windows 10 Customization
    change windows 10 user folder name: Hello, bought a windows computer for the first time since 2006.I signed in with my email and the user folder is the first 5 letters of my email, and I would prefer to change this to my name.How can I change the user folder name?...
  4. Change User Folder Name on Windows 10

Change User Folder Name on Windows 10: What the title is saying, how can I change my user folder name? I did some stuff from youtube, but it didn't work and pretty sure corrupted my user folder. It's back to normal now, but it's still the name. How can I change the User Folder Name?...
  5. Changing User Folder Name? Windows 10

Changing User Folder Name? Windows 10: Hey everyone! I'm writing this today because there's this VERY MINOR thing that's been bothering me. I recently upgraded my hard drive, and ever since redownloading windows, it didn't give me the option to name my user folder. Is it possible for me to change my user folder...
  6. change user folder name windows 10

change user folder name windows 10: how to change user folder name windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-user-folder-name-windows-10/5d8220df-6346-49cd-9378-f3d77d7cf82b"
  7. Change user name and user folder name

Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  8. Change the users name in folder

Change the users name in folder: I want remove the space in folder's name: C:\Users\Arbnor Gashi\Desktop\Master_Thesis\Write\Thesis. The space between name and last name should be removed because it doesn't work for a statistical program. I changed my account name but this name doesn't change in...
  9. BlueScreen Acer Spin 1

BlueScreen Acer Spin 1: Hi, i buy new notebook acer spin 1 with Windows 10. When link up broadband connections then displyed blue screen, but if i connected by normal wifi for exmaple hotspot everything is ok. please help. sorry for my english i from Poland ;) please the simplest answer. [ATTACH]...
  10. change a user name folder

change a user name folder: how do I change a user name folder in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-a-user-name-folder/7413f37f-1efb-44a8-9a97-24132b3ad0f8

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how can you rename your profile on an acer spin 1

2. how can change the user folders in acer