Windows 10: Change user from child to adult

Discus and support Change user from child to adult in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I need to change user from child to adult or delete user and start over... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JonathanNichols6, May 12, 2021.

1. Change user from child to adult

I need to change user from child to adult or delete user and start over

:)

JonathanNichols6, May 12, 2021

2. Changing Adult Account to Child Account

Hi Peter,

To rectify your issue in converting an account from child/teen to an adult, we suggest that you try these steps and see if it helps.

• Press Windows key + I to open Settings.
    • Click Accounts.
    • Click Family and other users on the left pane.
    • Select the adult account and click Change account type.

In addition you may also check this
    Forum article
    to know more details about Family Safety: Frequently Asked Questions.

Let us know how that turned out for you.

Marilou Ser, May 12, 2021
  3. Wendy_876 Win User
    Changing user account from adult to child on windows 10

My daughter is listed as an adult and I need to change her to a child. The only way I can see to do that is to delete her adult account and add her as a child account. What are the repercussions of doing that?

Wendy_876, May 12, 2021
  4. Kem Mon Win User

Change user from child to adult

Change adult birth date to a childs birthdate.

Hi,

While you are able to change a child account to an adult account, there is no way that we can change an adult account
    to child account. However, we suggest that you create a new child account as a workaround.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 12, 2021
Thema:

Change user from child to adult

1. Change user from child to adult - Similar Threads - Change user child

2. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  3. Changing Child Account to Adult Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing Child Account to Adult Account: I was wondering if there was a way to change my son's account to an adult account. My son is currently an adult and uses an hp laptop for college. He uses his Microsoft account for the laptop and due to his Microsoft account being a child account it causes restrictions on the...
  4. Change age of "child" back to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  5. Change age of "child" back to adult

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change age of "child" back to adult: My email account which has existed for literally decades recently spontaneously changed to have its age birth date be that of a 4-year old i.e., child, and as a result I am now locked out of my ability to do certain things due to the family/parental controls. I would like to...
  6. How to change my account from child to adult

How to change my account from child to adult: Hello, I have recently turned 13 years old and I was wondering if my account could now be changed to adult? I am in New South Wales, Australia and I'm pretty sure 13 is the minimum age. If I can, how?...
  7. how to change an account from a child to an adult

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to change an account from a child to an adult: How to change an account from a child to an adult https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-an-account-from-a-child-to-an-adult/d4112f81-8f9e-4d12-8684-d829f8bcc331
  8. Changing an adult account into a child account

Changing an adult account into a child account: I know that this has been asked before, but has there been any updates on this? When we got my child the Xbox, we set set it up with my account. Now I would like to set up the account or add him as a child, to be able to use parent controls. I do not want him to lose his...
  9. Child to adult

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Child to adult: I'm 19 years old, but my account still says I'm a child. I tried to change the status myself but my case was closed. Is there any way I can change it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/child-to-adult/930eca1b-6c5f-4b17-86db-79913ecc99e0
  10. Change child administrator to adult

Change child administrator to adult: We made my son the administrator on his pc, however because of his birthday (he's 9) it will not allow him to do much. He can't watch youtube at all, and whenever we try to install a program, for instance, I bought Adobe Animate for him and tried to install it, but it...