Windows 10: change user name and email

Discus and support change user name and email in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi I have a new name and email and I would like to change my sign in to my pc to my new name and email and still keep all of my settings files etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Mo Brown, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Mo Brown Win User

change user name and email

Hi

I have a new name and email and I would like to change my sign in to my pc to my new name and email and still keep all of my settings files etc. Does anyone know how I can do this please?

:)

Mo Brown, Oct 8, 2018

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Oct 8, 2018
  3. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Oct 8, 2018
  4. Martmcd Win User

How to change the name of the user

You cant reply to the automated email, it is just notifying you that a thread has a response.

going back to your original post.

when you create a new user, windows creates folders under the c:\Users directory with the account name (ie Geoff) if you rename the user, although the new name is shown on login etc the directory names don't change.

the easiest way to get rid of Geoff is to -

• change the username to something else (or back to Geoff)
    • create a new user with your name
    • copy all your documents, photos, videos etc. from Geoff to your new user
    • delete the Geoff user account and remove folders etc.
    this can all be done in user accounts as suggested by Ruth

Martmcd, Oct 8, 2018
Thema:

1. change user name and email - Similar Threads - change user name

2. How to change user name and email in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change user name and email in Windows 10: I want to change my windows 10 user and email as its still my relative's info and i want its now mine. How do I do it? I can't seem to find any way in the settings app to do so, the most i could do was change the user picture....
  3. How to change user name and email in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change user name and email in Windows 10: I want to change my windows 10 user and email as its still my relative's info and i want its now mine. How do I do it? I can't seem to find any way in the settings app to do so, the most i could do was change the user picture....
  4. How to change user name and email in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. How do I change the User email and name?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I change the User email and name?: I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I tried changing it with "netplwiz" but it made an error appear when trying to open the file manager, then I tried to fix it with a...
  6. How do I change the User email and name?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I change the User email and name?: I've had this PC for a lot of time and it currently has an email that i dont think has ever even existed and a name that i would like to change. I tried changing it with "netplwiz" but it made an error appear when trying to open the file manager, then I tried to fix it with a...
  7. How do I change the User email and name?

8. Email Name Changed???

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Email Name Changed???: Hello, I recently purchased a ThinkPad Carbon x1 8th gen and its been great! I set up my Gmail accounts through the Microsoft email program. I really like how it can combine multiple accounts in one spot and I've been using it for a few weeks. Today I noticed that for some...
  9. User name to be changed from my email id to my name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User name to be changed from my email id to my name: Hi there Recently I changed my primary email alias in my Microsoft account from *** Email address is removed for privacy *** to *** Email address is removed for privacy *** and deleted that old alias. After that my pc user name changed to *** Email address is removed for...
  10. Change user name and user folder name

Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...