Windows 10: Change user settings

Discus and support Change user settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Im on windows 10 pro but my area manager has put her as standard user when set up and now when i start up i cant put myself on. It seems as because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Y Tud, Oct 4, 2018.

1. Y Tud Win User

Change user settings

Im on windows 10 pro but my area manager has put her as standard user when set up and now when i start up i cant put myself on. It seems as because this is the only option to sign in, it wont let me change user type as this is restricted. The family and other user option is not visible under her name. How do i put myself as main admin account as i can't add anything such as Kaspersky? Thanks

:)

Y Tud, Oct 4, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 4, 2018
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Oct 4, 2018
  4. Kreij Win User

Change user settings

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Oct 4, 2018
Thema:

Change user settings

1. Change user settings - Similar Threads - Change user settings

2. "Change User Name" not appearing as a option in Windows 11 User Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Change User Name" not appearing as a option in Windows 11 User Setting: I cannot change the username from the user settings in the control panel. The option is not present to change the username. I tried netplwiz and lusrmgr.msc but couldn't do it.Why this is so difficult??...
  3. USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE: When I am changing users account my files of previous users are gone and new files and all comes , my programs are gone . So is there a way i can shift all my settings files programs to the another user account ....
  4. USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USER CHANGE FILES AND SETTINGS GONE: When I am changing users account my files of previous users are gone and new files and all comes , my programs are gone . So is there a way i can shift all my settings files programs to the another user account ....
  5. WHY WINDOWS CHANGING EVERY USER'S RESOLUTION IF 1 USER CHANGE IT settings are not...

in Windows 10 Customization
    WHY WINDOWS CHANGING EVERY USER'S RESOLUTION IF 1 USER CHANGE IT settings are not...: i am using Windows 10 Pro 1909 Build 18363.720 i was having problem with some programs like android studio AVD emulator it was not opening properly when my screen resolution was 3840x2160 & Scale size 250% so i made another user in windows so that i can use android studio and...
  6. users and user settings

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    users and user settings: I've upgraded my computer inside and out. I had to reinstall windows onto a new larger hard drive. My old windows is still on my old ssd . Is there a way to move all the users and settings over from old to new ?...
  7. How to change user setting from Powershell

How to change user setting from Powershell: I am trying to implement a Powershell script which will create a customized Windows installation, One problem I have is to manage the settings from the settings application. I would like to know if there are API's that I can use to get and set these settings and find out...
  8. Change user settings

Change user settings: Im on windows 10 pro but my area manager has put her as standard user when set up and now when i start up i cant put myself on. It seems as because this is the only option to sign in, it wont let me change user type as this is restricted. The family and other user option is...
  9. Changing registry settings for user profiles and sysprepping

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing registry settings for user profiles and sysprepping: All I have been trying - as I did with the Windows 7 image - to change the default user path in the registry to the D drive. As I have been trying, once I change something in the registry, the sysprep appears to fail. Once I restore my changes, the sysprep will work. Can...
  10. Changing User control settings error

in Windows 10 Support
    Changing User control settings error: How can I enable full user control without getting a ton of "failed to enumerate" errors after clicking apply? Can't even install printer software to Program Files. Such hoops to jump through, argh. Thanks for any help. 17195