Windows 10: Change video output without seeing

Discus and support Change video output without seeing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have been having trouble with my pc for about a day and I believe that the default video/audio output is set to something else and I need it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Elijah Forster, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Change video output without seeing

Hello, I have been having trouble with my pc for about a day and I believe that the default video/audio output is set to something else and I need it to be hdmi for the monitor I own. I’m not sure I can change the settings without seeing the computer screen or something like that. Or I could just be totally wrong. Could you help possibly?

:)

Elijah Forster, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Arun B J Win User

Change resolution without seeing

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below. Check if it helps.

• Press Windows key on the keyboard
    • Click on settings
    • Go to Display
    • Click on Advance display settings
    • Change the resolution (1280x1024 recommended)

Try to boot into Safe Mode with Networking or Enable low-resolution video.

To enter into low-resolution mode
    in Windows 10 in change the settings in it, follow the steps given below.

• Restart your PC.
    • Press Shift + F8 before the Windows logo appears.
    • Click See Advanced Repair Options.
    • Click Troubleshoot.
    • Click Advanced Options.
    • Click Windows Startup Settings.
    • Click Restart.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Sasqui Win User
    Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Jul 2, 2022
  4. Ludo_91 Win User

Change video output without seeing

No video sound in browser after changing audio output mode

Hello Community!

Couple of months ago I decided to upgrade to Windows 10 on my old machine, a Dell Inspiron N5010 laptop. Even though Dell hasn't published Windows 10 drivers for this device, almost everything is working just fine.

I have, however, one peculiar issue with the playback of video sounds which only appears when watching videos in the browser.

Error symptoms: when I'm watching a video in the browser and I change the audio output mode by connecting/disconnecting an audio device via the 3,5 mm audio jack port, one of the following thing happens:

1.) The video stops for the fragment of a second, as if it needed to buffer, then it continues and the audio playback is working as well. In Chrome, the video stops for somewhat longer and you can see that it reloads (but not the
    entire page is reloaded, only the video).

2.) The video keeps playing without stopping, but there's no sound anymore, even if you change back the audio output to the previous one.

3.) This option I only observed in Chrome: sometimes the video crashes and the entire webpage needs to be refreshed to be able to go forward with the playback.

As above already mentioned, I tried with multiple browsers (IE, EDGE & Chrome). I couldn't find any specific reason/rule for why and when option 1 or 2/3 appears, however, if I switched between he audio outputs rapidly (more than once within ~10 seconds)
    the sound always died (and in Chrome, the entire video crashed). The rapid changing of audio output actually caused some problem also for Spotify after some time, it started jumping to the next track automatically, but a single removal or connection of the
    audio device never caused any issues for the streaming app.

Troubleshooting:

1.) I tried launching Chrome via a Desktop Shortcut where I entered after the path " --disable-audio-output-resampler" -> this step helped somewhat but hasn't resolved the problem completely

2.) I launched the Browsers without add-ons

3.) turned off the hardware acceleration for Chrome

Unfortunately, none of the above steps have helped. When requesting debug info from the crashed video on youtube, the following debug error is shown:

"debug_error": {

"errorCode": "fmt.decode",

"errorDetail": "mediaElem.1;msg.AUDIO_RENDERER_ERROR: audio render error",

"message": "An error occurred. Please try again later.",

"messageKey": "YTP_ERROR_GENERIC_WITHOUT_LINK"}

Any ideas on how I should proceed?

Ludo_91, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

Change video output without seeing

1. Change video output without seeing - Similar Threads - Change video output

2. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  3. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Upgraded GPU, No Video Output: I upgraded my GTX 1060 6gb to an RTX 3070. After installing it, turning the system on, and installing new drivers, I concluded that the computer worked fine. However, when I finished closing the side panels of my case and turned the computer on again, I saw that all the...
  4. Upgraded GPU, No Video Output

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Change video output without seeing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change video output without seeing: Hello, I have been having trouble with my pc for about a day and I believe that the default video/audio output is set to something else and I need it to be hdmi for the monitor I own. I’m not sure I can change the settings without seeing the computer screen or something like...
  6. Change video output without seeing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change video output without seeing: Hello, I have been having trouble with my pc for about a day and I believe that the default video/audio output is set to something else and I need it to be hdmi for the monitor I own. I’m not sure I can change the settings without seeing the computer screen or something like...
  7. Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Plugging in earphones to laptop makes active audio output go crazy (see video)?: Here's what I'm talking about, this happens every time I plug my earphones in our out of the laptop: https://imgur.com/s673ocv. This is accompanied by the audio literally flickering between outputs and killing any video I may have been watching. The BK550Y is the name of the...
  8. Laptop has no video output

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop has no video output: Hi, About an hour ago when I finished doing what I needed to on my laptop, I closed the lid, now, recently I tried opening the lid and there was no video output, my gaming keyboard has output, as the lights will light up, but there is no output in video, not even in my...
  9. Can't see video

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't see video: I am having trouble viewing any video online; I can hear but no picture. Regular videos saved in my library I can see and hear. but nothing online - youtube, internet, etc. HELP...
  10. Can't see videos.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't see videos.: Since I upgraded to windows 10 I can't see video on facebook or you tube.Sometimes I can hear the audio fine and sometimes the audio is all broken up. 27163