Windows 10: Change "View in browser" preference in Outllook 2013

Discus and support Change "View in browser" preference in Outllook 2013 in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; I have Edge set as my default browser but whenever I try to view an email in a browser it opens in IE. How can I change this to Edge? [img] 124225 Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by SoFine409, Dec 27, 2018.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Change "View in browser" preference in Outllook 2013

I have Edge set as my default browser but whenever I try to view an email in a browser it opens in IE. How can I change this to Edge?

Change "View in browser" preference in Outllook 2013 [​IMG]

:)

SoFine409, Dec 27, 2018

2. Can't change printer preferences in Windows 10

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft community.

I apologize for the inconvenience caused. We are glad to help you.

• What exactly happens when you try to go into printer driver settings from Control Panel?
    I suggest you to try the steps given below and check if it helps:

Step 1:

• Type change default printer and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Step 2:

• Type printers and scanners and hit
      enter.

• Check whether you are able to change the preferences and properties from here.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Jenith

Jenith_James, Dec 27, 2018
  3. Erika Aro Win User
    Default Browser Keeps Changing to Edge

There are three other ways to set your default program. In Default apps, navigate the page to find the following:

• Choose default apps by file type
    • Choose default apps by protocol
    • Set defaults by app

To manually change your default browser, follow these steps:

• Set your preferred default browser to skip Choose default apps by file type. Click
      Choose default apps by protocol then look for HTTP and HTTPS. Change them to your preferred browser.
    • After that, click Set defaults by app and wait for the new windows to load. Search your preferred browser and click it. Select
      Set this program as default and press OK.
    • Close all your browsers and check if it still asks you to set your browser.

Let us know how it goes after doing the troubleshooting steps.

Erika Aro, Dec 27, 2018
  4. Change "View in browser" preference in Outllook 2013

defualt browser

Hi Llyan,

If you're having issues with setting a default browser, it can be due to some changes in the configuration settings. To assist you with your concern, we recommend that you set your preferred browser as the default by following the steps listed below:

• Type Settings in the Search bar and press
      Enter
    • Choose System then click on Default apps.
    • Scroll down, and click Set defaults by app option.
    • Click on your preferred browser, then click Choose defaults for this program.
    • Click Select all, then Save.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Eileen Gal, Dec 27, 2018
Thema:

Change "View in browser" preference in Outllook 2013

1. Change "View in browser" preference in Outllook 2013 - Similar Threads - Change View browser

2. Transition from Outllook/Office 2007

in Browsers and Email
    Transition from Outllook/Office 2007: Hello! I use an old Dell PC with Windows 7 Professional and Outlook 2007/Office 2007. I also have a current Apple laptop and use gmail and Outlook 365 for work (two different jobs - two different email systems). I am familiar with all three. I also use Office 365. I...
  3. Can't change preferred default browser after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't change preferred default browser after Windows 10 update: Hi, so I installed the new update because the dumb popups started playing on my nerves, after I did that the system opened up with Edge browser. So I close that crap as fast as I can and then I notice that all my default programs have been changed to Windows ones, I changed...
  4. Outllook folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Outllook folders: when I go in to create a folder in OUTLOOK, and drag the email into it, then when I go to look for it, it's gone? Why? Some stay others disappear! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outllook-folders/ca6371c4-7ad4-4f01-8d00-6bde39ba5da1
  5. my browser's Preferences

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    my browser's Preferences: How do I delete credit card and other personal info saved in my browser? I am trying to access my browser's Preferences to delete data and turn off autofill. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-browsers-preferences/8c10d244-b030-4761-9e10-e29f4b49b851
  6. Outllook Email Notification Size

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outllook Email Notification Size: When my email notification banner pops up in the lower right corner of my screen, it is too large and only shows about 1/3 to 1/4 of the banner. How can I reduce the size of the banner so that I can see the entire notification?...
  7. Google Chrome and Outllook

in Windows 10 Customization
    Google Chrome and Outllook: How will Google Chrome work with Outlook or Windows. Trying to move my Google account before Google shuts down. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/google-chrome-and-outllook/d231ad18-c4d1-4c37-8344-3ebd91fd94d5
  8. Your Preferred Browser, Homepage & Email

in Browsers and Email
    Your Preferred Browser, Homepage & Email: New to W10. I've got myself all tied up in knots trying to decide upon a new browser, homepage & email. Have used Yahoo for decades on other OS' but with the hack of Yahoo email and Yahoo's pending sale I think it might be the right time to change. Your input is much wanted...
  9. view in browser always opens Word not browser

in Browsers and Email
    view in browser always opens Word not browser: Checked defaults but but when i click on a "view in browser" in Outlook 2010 it opens the file in Word 2010 - i can't seem to find how to stop this from happening - anyone have an idea? 64427
  10. "view in browser" always opens Word not browser

in Browsers and Email
    "view in browser" always opens Word not browser: hi - using Windows 10 my default browser is chrome URL:HyperText Transfer Protocol” is set to chrome ​but when i click on a "view in browser" in Outlook 2016 it opens the file in Word 2016 - i can't seem to find how to stop this from happening - anyone have an idea? 38021