Windows 10: Change 'virtual' screen size?

Discus and support Change 'virtual' screen size? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have been having an annoyance for quite some time now that I have never managed to fix. I have three screens: a 24 inch 1080p screen, a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/MrBuzzkilll, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Change 'virtual' screen size?

Change 'virtual' screen size? VsavGZzxvvCbCks2cSi5CEahS5YJ-7KQyaMnJp14yrI.jpg

I have been having an annoyance for quite some time now that I have never managed to fix. I have three screens: a 24 inch 1080p screen, a 27 inch 4K screen and a 15 inch 4K laptop screen. When I am on a desk, the 24 and 27 inch are mostly used, but as these screen resolutions differ, Windows adjusts the virtual sizes of these screens to match in the settings:

https://preview.redd.it/kch4tr0ovab...bp&s=450ad0b46b647934fdd886fc768b7082e19849ce

The issue then, is that whenever I try to move my mouse from my 27 inch screen (3 on the image above) to my 24 inch screen (2 on image above) I can't use most of the right side of my 27 inch screen. Only where the two screens match up on the image above, can I actually cross over between the two monitors.

My question then is, is there some way I can increase the virtual size of screen 2 to match that of screen 3? Bumping into an invisible wall each time I try to move over is quite annoying.

submitted by /u/MrBuzzkilll
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/MrBuzzkilll, Jan 17, 2020

2. Change size of virtual keyboard keys (Ease of Access)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

To increase the size of the On-screen keyboard, follow the steps below:

• Open on-screen keyboard.
    • Place the mouse cursor to the edges of the keyboard window.
    • It will change the cursor symbol to double arrow.
    • Click and drag the mouse to resize the keyboard window.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 17, 2020
  3. Changed screen size

Hi,

For us to better assist with your concern on screen size, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Did you make any changes or updates to your computer prior to the issue?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?
    • Have you tried changing the screen resolution of your monitor?

To change the screen resolution, you can check the steps below to change your screen resolution.

• On Desktop mode, right click and choose Display settings.
    • On the right pane, click Display.
    • On Resolution, choose the recommended screen resolution for your monitor.
    • Once your done, click on Keep changes.

For more information to get the best display of your monitor, refer to this
    article

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Jan 17, 2020
  4. Change 'virtual' screen size?

Change text etc size

Hi,

To help you with your concern, we suggest you adjust your screen resolution and choose your desired screen size. Steps do to that are below:

• Right-click on the Start button, and choose Control Panel.
    • Click Appearance and Personalization.
    • Select Display, then Adjust Resolution.
    • Drag the slider for Resolution to test and choose your desired screen size.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Jan 17, 2020
Thema:

Change 'virtual' screen size?

1. Change 'virtual' screen size? - Similar Threads - Change 'virtual' screen

2. How to change screen size

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to change screen size: Here is what my goal is.I have a sharp LCD TV. its best/recommended resolution is smaller than the max I can set it to.If I set it to the max resolution available, the content inside the screen is extending beyond the screen, so for example the start menu is actually outside...
  3. Need to change size of screen

Need to change size of screen: Words and icon do not show on monitor. It is as if monitor is too small. Please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-change-size-of-screen/2172ac42-4eb6-4ba6-bf5e-a0f521862985
  4. Info on the virtual memory size

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Info on the virtual memory size: Hi What does the virtual memory size depend on?Since I have a notebook with 16GB of RAM and a 1TB SSD disk used for the VMs creation, what would be the recommended virtual memory size to avoid future problems? Thanks Bye 171363
  5. Virtual Memory Size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Memory Size: [ATTACH] Is it normal for Virtual memory to take this amount of space ? https://preview.redd.it/ovqvnas4ubg51.png?width=1199&format=png&auto=webp&s=8932c141dd2a781409d0ca9564d9dc86a869558f submitted by /u/Safodo [link] [comments]...
  6. is there any way to change the screen size

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there any way to change the screen size: just hooked up an extremely large 4:3 monitor up to my laptop as a second screen, but selecting the highest, and correct resolution for the monitor makes it smaller than the laptop screen, which causes screen tearing since the laptop has a smaller screen, so is there any way...
  7. Changing the screen size

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Changing the screen size: When I enter some web sites I find that the some of the wording on the right hand side does not fit the screen. I tried to change the resolution size from the 1600 x 900 recommended to 1400 x 1050, but the message said " windows could not change this display. I tried another...
  8. Can't change virtual memory size in Windows 10

Can't change virtual memory size in Windows 10: I want to change the virtual memory size in Windows 10. The instructions I have say to go to Control Panel > Appearance & Performance > Performance Options > Advanced, uncheck "Automatically manage paging file size," then set the values manually. However when I go to that...
  9. how to change display size to fit screen size

how to change display size to fit screen size: My display size is smaller than the screen size for some reason. How to fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-display-size-to-fit-screen-size/536b3fef-37cc-46af-b46c-f36ecb2602a0
  10. windows 10 screen changing sizes

windows 10 screen changing sizes: my screen keeps changing sizes on my windows 10 laptop. how do I get it to stay a normal size? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/windows-10-screen-changing-sizes/3f906b8d-e46d-4e9a-878e-721828fef467