Windows 10: Change webcam resolution?

Discus and support Change webcam resolution? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Is there any way I can lower the resolution of my USB webcam (Microsoft) in Windows, without using Microsoft's Camera app? 147671 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BL2112, Jan 3, 2020.

1. BL2112 Win User

Change webcam resolution?

Is there any way I can lower the resolution of my USB webcam (Microsoft) in Windows, without using Microsoft's Camera app?

:)

BL2112, Jan 3, 2020
  2. DanRosart Win User

Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

1. I didn't just get this webcam. It had worked successfully for years using the drivers that came with Windows 10.
    2. It is not a built-in webcam, which seems to be the main thrust of the webcam troubleshooting link; also, I know that it's only currently capturing at 640x480, so using the camera app to take a photo at that resolution won't tell me anything I don't know.
      I also know that when it was working at was capturing at 720p.
    3. Because it uses the built-in windows drivers, I can't very well reinstall them.

DanRosart, Jan 3, 2020
  3. Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

Hi Dan,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Dan, I see that the HP 3110 is not compatible with Windows 10 and here is the link which says the same:

HP HD-3110 Webcam
    . Click on the Operating System and click on the
    Version to check the operating systems that are compatible with the HP 3110 Webcam. However, try the below steps and see if this helps.

We suggest you to first check the exact resolution of your webcam from the section
    Determine the resolution of the webcam from the link
    Webcam Troubleshooting
    and note down the resolution.

Once you have the exact resolution of the webcam, then follow the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the section
    Video does not display in your webcam software from the link
    Webcam Troubleshooting
    and check for the issue.

If you are still facing the issue, then you may refer the section Reinstalling the original webcam software that came with your computer and reinstall the Webcam drivers from the link:

Webcam Troubleshooting

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Shafeeq_Khan, Jan 3, 2020
  4. Change webcam resolution?

windows 10 webcam not working

Hi Trisha,

There could be some factors that affect the performance of your webcam. To provide you with the correct resolution, please answer the following:

• Can you provide us the complete error messages showing on your PC?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your webcam or computer prior to the issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 3, 2020
Thema:

Change webcam resolution?

1. Change webcam resolution? - Similar Threads - Change webcam resolution

2. Change scale or change resolution?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  3. Change scale or change resolution?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change scale or change resolution?: I have trouble seeing print on my new monitor in its native resolution. Should I change the resolution, or should I adjust the scale?Thank you,MP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-scale-or-change-resolution/0d0cc6c8-11e5-4dbd-8bee-75c208377ab9
  4. Webcam Resolution

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Webcam Resolution: Just got a new webcam that's supposed to be true 1080p. What's the easiest way to verify the resolution? I can't find a setting anywhere. 159900
  5. changing the webcam to horizontal

changing the webcam to horizontal: changing the webcam to horizontal https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-the-webcam-to-horizontal/a82a3a1d-fc4a-4c0c-bffe-3e39fe38ee0a
  6. Webcam resolution

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Webcam resolution: My webcam has poor resolution, if I install something like youcam will the resolution be better or should I opt for an external camera? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/webcam-resolution/65866a43-fdd6-471f-bb3b-09fb5192feaa
  7. Changing to a Webcam

in Windows 10 Customization
    Changing to a Webcam: Hello, My laptop is over five years old and the camera quality is AWEFUL! I bought a Logitech C615 to use instead but I cannot figure out how to set up the new webcam as the default camera and video. Please help...
  8. Resolution Change

Resolution Change: I recently installed a new monitor with 1920X1080 resolution. Windows preset resolutions do not include this particular configuration. How can I set the computer so that it recognizes this new setting?...
  9. Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts

Webcam downgrades resolution and won't work with Hangouts: I have an HP 3110 webcam which had been working at its native 720p resolution and which I had been using with Google Hangouts. At some point something happened where Hangouts wouldn't accept its video but the microphone still worked. The camera worked in Windows Camera and at...
  10. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9

Users found this page by searching for:

1. change webcam resolution

2. windows 10 set webcam resolution without app

3. windows-10 webcam set default resolution

4. change resolution for web camera,
  5. change systemwide webcam resolution,
  6. webcam resolution