Windows 10: change what Cortana calls me

Discus and support change what Cortana calls me in Cortana to solve the problem; I tried to change the name cortana calls me. I keep getting the response " go to notepad, click on About me" I do not know what version of windows they... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by curtbryant, Oct 14, 2019.

1. change what Cortana calls me

I tried to change the name cortana calls me. I keep getting the response " go to notepad, click on About me" I do not know what version of windows they are using but my version does NOT have that. I have version 1903. can anyone with this version please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:)

curtbryant, Oct 14, 2019
  2. Arul_D Win User

Cortana not changing name

Hi Sanvithi,

I regret the inconvenience caused to you. Let me help you.

• Do you receive any error code or error message on the screen?
    I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

• Open Cortana's window and navigate to the
      Notebook
      panel.

• Within the Notebook tab, navigate to the About Me section.

• Select Change my name.

• Type in the name you wish Cortana to call you.

• When prompted to, choose that’s wrong at the bottom.

• You will be asked to "tap" the microphone to change the way Cortana pronounces your name. Do so.

• Select this one when she has the updated pronunciation.

• To test that she is referring to you correctly, ask "What is my name?"

Check if it helps.
    You may refer to this article to check if this helps.

Change what Cortana calls you:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-what-cortana-calls-you#

I hope the issue will be resolved. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us again. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank you.

Arul_D, Oct 14, 2019
  3. Meghana C Win User
    Change Cortana icon back to default

Hi,

I will certainly help you with the issues you are facing with Cortana.

To assist you better, kindly explain what steps you performed to change the Cortana icon?

I suggest you to follow below steps to turn off Cortana’s personalization:

• Go to Cortana >
      Notebook > About Me.

• Click to select your
      Microsoft account

• On the Account page, click again to select your Microsoft account.
    • Select Sign out and restart the system, again sign in back and check.

I suggest you to install all the available Windows updates and check the issue.

Also, I suggest you to check the issue in other user accounts if you have any. If you don't have other user accounts, then I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue persists.

Refer to the following article on
    how to create a new user account in Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12385/windows-10-troubleshoot-problems-opening-start-menu-cortana

Please get back to us to assist you further.

Thank you.

Meghana C, Oct 14, 2019
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

change what Cortana calls me

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Oct 14, 2019
Thema:

change what Cortana calls me

1. change what Cortana calls me - Similar Threads - change Cortana calls

2. CALL ME!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CALL ME!!!!!!!!: Your virtual agent is worthless. I have spent 15 minutes trying to find a way to contact a person for help with microsoft. Win11 will not stay connected to my iPhone 13 hotspot. All articles on your page don't address the issue. Contact me at *** Email address is removed for...
  3. CALL ME!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CALL ME!!!!!!!!: Your virtual agent is worthless. I have spent 15 minutes trying to find a way to contact a person for help with microsoft. Win11 will not stay connected to my iPhone 13 hotspot. All articles on your page don't address the issue. Contact me at *** Email address is removed for...
  4. What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?

in Cortana
    What happened to Cortana's "Ask Me Anything"?: Windows 10 used to have a neat feature in that you could type directly to Cortana by just pressing the Win key and either local or Bing lookup would give calculation, currency conversion or another type of answer. What happened to this feature? Calculation screenshot from...
  5. How can I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How can I change what Cortana calls me?: Hello Microsoft! Yesterday my younger brother used my Surface Book and in the "Notebook" section of Cortana changed what Cortana called me it was user earlier, I never touched Cortana's settings. As he has done so now, can I change it? I have searched YouTube and have not...
  6. How do I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How do I change what Cortana calls me?: I'd like to change what Cortana calls me on start up. Right now, she addresses me by my full name, which feels a little awkward, so I'd like to change it to a nickname. And I'd like to do so without changing my actual Microsoft account name. I'm on the most recent Windows 10...
  7. No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me.

in Cortana
    No "About me" option in Cortana's notepad, No abitity to change what Cortana calls me.: I want to change what Cortana calls me but can't, I asked her, after sighning into everything "what is my name?", she returns "Sign in to your account & go to privacy settings" but does not tell me what to do there?, however I am already signed in, signed in to every other MS...
  8. cortana and "about me" not in Notebook change name she calls me?

in Cortana
    cortana and "about me" not in Notebook change name she calls me?: Seriously you give me a download in zip and don't tell me how to install it....WOW!!! Or what to do with it. Come on guys! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cortana-and-about-me-not-in-notebook-change-name/b7f0ff52-0a84-4d00-a838-8845276cda9b"
  9. How can I change what Cortana calls me?

in Cortana
    How can I change what Cortana calls me?: I know a bunch of people have asked this, but unfortunately none of the articles I've read have helped. I somehow do not have the "About Me" section of the Cortana menu, and that seems to stop me from changing what she calls me? It makes me very uncomfortable....
  10. what is cortana

in Cortana
    what is cortana: what is cortana https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-cortana/e265cf10-b1f7-4ced-bb70-628226b5d037"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to change the name cortana calls me