Windows 10: Change what each key does?

Discus and support Change what each key does? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have an HP Envy with Windows 10. I am used to Dell laptops where the brightness and volume buttons are switched (F2 —> F7, F3 —> F8). Is there any... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/ap1028, Feb 24, 2020.

1. /u/ap1028 Win User

Change what each key does?

I have an HP Envy with Windows 10. I am used to Dell laptops where the brightness and volume buttons are switched (F2 —> F7, F3 —> F8). Is there any way to switch it, so that when I press F8, it increases the brightness, and when I press F3, it increases the volume?

submitted by /u/ap1028
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/ap1028, Feb 24, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Feb 24, 2020
  3. Taskbar bug: switching to another window -will not appear at the front

Follow either of these steps to fix the issue with the Active window hiding behind.

Method 1:
    I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

1. Press Windows key + X key and click on Control Panel.
    2. Select or click Ease of Access.
    3. Click or tap onEase of Access Centre.
    4. Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    5. Check if issue is resolved.
    Method 2:
    I would suggest you to completely uninstall the touchpad driver and reinstall it. Kindly follow the below given steps.

1. Press “Windows key + X” and click on “Device Manager”.
    2. In the list of devices, you should see the touchpad drivers.
    3. Right click on the device and then select "Uninstall".
    4. In the uninstall dialog, make sure you select the option to delete the driver package from the system. This causes the driver package installed earlier to be deleted.
    5. In the Action menu of Device manager, select “Scan for Hardware changes” option. This will cause the device driver to be reinstalled. Once the driver is installed, close all windows and restart the computer.

ChojiTiger, Feb 24, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Feb 24, 2020
Thema:

1. Change what each key does? - Similar Threads - Change each key

2. Change Product Key does not work 0xc004f050

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Change Product Key does not work 0xc004f050: Hello,I bought last year a laptop which came with Windows 10 home pre-installed. Then I received the free Windows 11 upgrade, via the Windows Update service.Because I want more feature than currently available in Windows 11 Home, I purchased from the internet an USB with...
  3. What does testing mode help with or what does it change?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What does testing mode help with or what does it change?: I already know how to turn on and off testing mode, but my question is What does it help with or what does it change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-testing-mode-help-with-or-what-does-it/33e13d2a-0d9a-41df-99af-9b6d17fa078e
  4. What does testing mode help with or what does it change?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What does testing mode help with or what does it change?: I already know how to turn on and off testing mode, but my question is What does it help with or what does it change? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-does-testing-mode-help-with-or-what-does-it/33e13d2a-0d9a-41df-99af-9b6d17fa078e
  5. What does testing mode help with or what does it change?

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Change what the Function key does

Change what the Function key does: How do we change the function the 'fn key' is doing? I wanna add a function on a key to change to the next song on Groove. There was a key for that in the older versions of Dell Laptops, but now there is no key for it....
  7. changing what a function key does on windows 10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    changing what a function key does on windows 10: I got a new gaming keyboard. the F1 key has a function to open music, so it opens windows media player. The keyboard doesn't has a software. is there any way that I can do it? what I want is to change the behaviour, meaning, clicking Fn + F1 opens Windows media player, I...
  8. Bing Daily Wallpaper does not change automatically each day

Bing Daily Wallpaper does not change automatically each day: I have Bing Daily Wallpaper on all of my computers. I have noticed that, recently, I am presented with a message on my desktop that says, 'You have Bing Daily Wallpaper.. Then there are two buttons: The first button says, "Change Automatically, and the second button says,...
  9. Is there a registry key to achieve what TranslucentTB does?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a registry key to achieve what TranslucentTB does?: https://www.microsoft.com/pt-br/p/translucenttb/9pf4kz2vn4w9 If there isn't, how does this app work? I'm kind of distrustful with these apps, who knows if the developer start putting questionable content in a future update or something (it happens in Android a lot, so I...
  10. What Each Icon Represents or Means.

What Each Icon Represents or Means.: Hi Guys, Does anyone know where I can find a list of the icons and what each icon represents or means? For example, the following is used for "This PC" [img] This PC I would like to do some customisation but so far I can only find the GUID list on tenforums but...