Windows 10: Change what happens when display is turned off, where is it?

Discus and support Change what happens when display is turned off, where is it? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; There is a setting somewhere in Windows 10 that allows you to choose what happens when the display is automatically turned off through the power plan.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/a5920, Mar 11, 2020.

1. /u/a5920 Win User

Change what happens when display is turned off, where is it?

There is a setting somewhere in Windows 10 that allows you to choose what happens when the display is automatically turned off through the power plan. I had it set to lock the computer but not dim the display. For some reason, it reverted back to default. I cannot find this setting anymore.

I know for a fact it's somewhere in the maze of Windows settings, I just can't find it. I found it by accident the first time, it wasn't that long ago. Anyone know where it is?

submitted by /u/a5920
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/a5920, Mar 11, 2020
  2. jorog(2) Win User

Display does not turn off when pc is idle

Just did all the suggestions. Did not work. Display does not turn off.

This issue was from the beginning when I downloaded Win 10. I had Win 8.1 and the display always turned off as I set it.

My pc is HP Pavilion Touchsmart 23 all-in-one. According to "checking for updated drivers on display and monitors", I always get the response that the drivers currently installed are the correct ones.

jorog(2), Mar 11, 2020
  3. peach1971 Win User
    all games crash!

I suggest you run rthdribl > http://www.daionet.gr.jp/~masa/archives/rthdribl_1_2.zip
    Increase the window size step by step and watch your vga temps permanently.
    What happens?
    If it crashes, run at stock speeds as suggested before and retry.

P.S.: When your system locks, does the display signal turn off after a time?
    Stuttering sound or no sound at all when freezing?
    What X1800XT model do you own exactly?

peach1971, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Change what happens when display is turned off, where is it?

Display resolution keeps changing

Hi Rick,

It might be caused by a faulty driver that's why your display resolution keeps changing. We
    suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the display driver, see steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.
    • For graphics cards, expand the Display adapters category, right click your graphics card and select Uninstall.
    • Restart your PC and Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Robelene Win, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

Change what happens when display is turned off, where is it?

1. Change what happens when display is turned off, where is it? - Similar Threads - Change happens display

2. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  3. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    display not turning off: i am downloading some large files and want the PC to remain on but not the display i did these settings in my power options but the display does not seem to turn off can anyone tell a fix thank you...
  4. display not turning off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. what happens when u turn off system from task manager?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what happens when u turn off system from task manager?: i havent been able to sleep ever since ive seen it, does it crash ur system? does it brick ur pc? please give me an answer submitted by /u/Dodo1169 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l5co4l/what_happens_when_u_turn_off_system_from_task/
  6. Fan running when display turns off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Fan running when display turns off: This specifically happens when I leave my laptop open and it locks itself automatically. The display is off but some resource usage is very high because the fans start spinning at very high speeds. If I open task manager to check what it is, things just go back to normal and...
  7. Turning off the display changes by itself!

Turning off the display changes by itself!: Hello I set turn off the display after 10 minutes But it changes from itself and becomes an hour! This is very annoying How can I stop time changes?...
  8. What happens when you turn off a computer at the wrong time?

What happens when you turn off a computer at the wrong time?: Just wondering. Please include- Different scenarios on what happens, Where it is possible, and, use at least one of the top 2. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-happens-when-you-turn-off-a-computer-at-the/3a65e382-ebd9-4c90-a85a-4adf0e611126
  9. turn off display

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    turn off display: Hi, I have a screen and a tv plugged in my GC. When the TV is off, I would like the corresponding display to be turned off si my mouse don't get lost on a second screen that is not turned on. Normally I would go in the display setting page and turn it off from the...
  10. Display turns off

Display turns off: My display always turns off after 5 minutes of whatever game I played. My screen shows that it is sleeping, but I can't turn it on, forcing me to restart. I have set my monitor and computer to sleep after 2 hours. Is my computer over-heating, or can I fix this in my...