Windows 10: Change What OneDrive Stores

Discus and support Change What OneDrive Stores in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I've used OneDrive mostly incorrectly, i guess for years. When I started, I just selected a few folders for which I wanted another backup location.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LShel42, Sep 17, 2021.

1. LShel42 Win User

Change What OneDrive Stores

I've used OneDrive mostly incorrectly, i guess for years. When I started, I just selected a few folders for which I wanted another backup location. Over the years, I've added additional folders, but that's the way it's still setup. I have decided I want to backup my entire UserName/Documents folder and UserName/Pictures folder. I'm afraid that if I just move the whole UserName/Documents and UserName/Pictures folder into OneDrive, I might end up with duplicates of everything that's already there. On the other hand I don't want to risk losing everything that's in OneDrive now. What would happe

:)

LShel42, Sep 17, 2021

2. Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Sep 17, 2021
  3. OneDrive folder icon changed to plain

Hi,

Thank you for replying.

I understand your concern and suggest you to Unlink OneDrive and run OneDrive setup
    again and check. Here is the steps:

• Right-click the white OneDrive cloud icon in the notification area, at the far right of the taskbar.

Change What OneDrive Stores ce960e20-2ea4-4298-8ec8-8399b1b20e20.png

(You might need to click the Show hidden icons arrow next to the notification area to see the
      OneDrive icon.)

• Click Settings, and then click Unlink.

• Follow the steps in the Welcome to OneDrive wizard to set up OneDrive.
    Do notify us if the issue still persists and we'll be glad to help.

Navneet Anand, Sep 17, 2021
  4. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Sep 17, 2021
Thema:

1. Change What OneDrive Stores - Similar Threads - Change OneDrive Stores

2. What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...: On a windows 11 computer, how can I change the default storage location of OneDrive to the user's computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-change-the-default-storage/8d2db7ea-25e5-4bde-a42c-cc5cc69423e3
  3. What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the steps to change the default storage location of OneDrive from OneDrive to the...: On a windows 11 computer, how can I change the default storage location of OneDrive to the user's computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-are-the-steps-to-change-the-default-storage/8d2db7ea-25e5-4bde-a42c-cc5cc69423e3
  4. What is OneDrive Live?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What is OneDrive Live?: I was trying to open up a file and it came up via OneDrive.live. I've never seen this before. What is it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-is-onedrive-live/8dad522c-9d7c-474a-8615-28c5e531057f
  5. Folders stored in OneDrive

Folders stored in OneDrive: When I open OneDrive settings, there is no tab to choose folders, so I cannot change the folders that OneDrive backs up. What could cause this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/folders-stored-in-onedrive/5b3968fd-c5e4-457f-a5d3-dcb7e4a3390b"
  6. What is onedrive

in Windows 10 Support
    What is onedrive: I've installed Win 10 a few times and sometimes it installs onedrive and sometimes it dosen't. Can I remove onedrive safely? 136137
  7. changing what drive the desktop is stored in desktop

changing what drive the desktop is stored in desktop: I built my own computer and instaled an SSD and an HDD I put the system on the SSD so the system would run fast but it is only 250 GB SSD and the HDD is 4 TB I was wondering if I could change wich drive desktop is on and if i can make everything install on the HDD instead of...
  8. What is OneDrive

in Browsers and Email
    What is OneDrive: I have just received an email with an attachment.When I click to open the link it gives me 2 options open or save.Both options send it to a folder called OneDrive,but I am unable to open it from there. I am using Outlook for email and Firefox.What am I missing? 82385
  9. Changes to OneDrive

Changes to OneDrive: I received the below an email from Microsoft in reference to OneDive, dated today (4/8/16). From reading through it, it sounds as if anything over the 5GB capacity might be deleted around 7/15/16 if we don't upgrade, but I was hoping for some confirmation from anybody...
  10. Onedrive will be changing storage max and charging, what about Google?

Onedrive will be changing storage max and charging, what about Google?: So I just found out that in July onedrive will be dwindling down free storage (indian givers) and charging for anything over 5gb's. Of course I'm currently at 8gb's so will have to pay approx. 1.99 a month (I think) if I keep things as is. Google Drive/Photos allows 15gb's...