Windows 10: Change where files are stored to

Discus and support Change where files are stored to in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Under Settings/Storage, I read that it is possible to change where files, such as documents, downloads, and pictures, are stored. But the drop-down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cgm707, Aug 3, 2020.

1. cgm707 Win User

Change where files are stored to

Under Settings/Storage, I read that it is possible to change where files, such as documents, downloads, and pictures, are stored. But the drop-down menu next to each item doesn't give me an option to change the location.

Can I change the storage settings to OneDrive or an external drive?

:)

cgm707, Aug 3, 2020
  2. RejZoR Win User

Where are DriverStore entries stored?

Hm, checked the folder and the files in question are not there. Where is RAPR getting the list from... hm.

RejZoR, Aug 3, 2020
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Aug 3, 2020
  4. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Aug 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Change where files are stored to - Similar Threads - Change where files

2. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  3. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC": Hello!My computer broke down and I cannot turn it on anymore. I was able to do a backup of my files from local disk drive [C], however I lost all the files that were saved under "This PC" ... They were also not stored in "ONE Drive". So I wonder where are they stored and how...
  4. Where are my files stored that were stored on "This PC"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Where to store .exe files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Where to store .exe files?: New to windows. When you download a small program that is just an .exe file and no installer, where do you put it? submitted by /u/rkruegs123 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/l6keea/where_to_store_exe_files/
  6. Change where new content is stored

in Windows 10 Support
    Change where new content is stored: I have a new machine, one of the first things i do is change the location to where new documents etc are stored. I do this to stop crud on my c drive. I have two older machines that operate the same way. I made the changes on this new system is new documents will be stored...
  7. Where are whiteboard files stored?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Where are whiteboard files stored?: In fact, are they stored.....? Can't find a file anywhere with them so if my computer crashes I lose them all? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-are-whiteboard-files-stored/5147e05a-cf4a-4bfb-be84-68e65b375d57
  8. Where are the codecs stored for image files

in Windows 10 Support
    Where are the codecs stored for image files: Since Windows 7 support ended on January 14th I've upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. I've got a lot of image files - JPEG, TIFF, Photoshop and Nikon raw files (file extension .NEF). My camera shoots both JPEG and NEF at the same time - so there are two files for every shot. To...
  9. Change where apps are stored

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where apps are stored: Hey guys I have a few windows apps (specifically games) that I would like to move over to a new drive. I used to do this by either redownloading them and changing the download drive by clicking settings>system>storage>change where new content is saved. Later on I found out...
  10. Where GWX Files Are Stored

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Where GWX Files Are Stored: For anyone interested where all the GWX files(with types) & folders are, I've made a screenshot after using UltraSearch on my Windows 8.1 PC. To see it better just click the image a second time to make it even larger. For even more info just use process explorer. Attachment...