Windows 10: Change where new content is stored

Discus and support Change where new content is stored in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have a new machine, one of the first things i do is change the location to where new documents etc are stored. I do this to stop crud on my c drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by angd, Sep 27, 2020.

1. angd Win User

Change where new content is stored

I have a new machine, one of the first things i do is change the location to where new documents etc are stored. I do this to stop crud on my c drive. I have two older machines that operate the same way.

I made the changes on this new system is new documents will be stored to in this case D:\ didn't think about it or check.
    I know i made the changes correctly and clicked on the apply button that appears.

I noticed that a program i installed did not save the corresponding documents to my new location of D;\Documents like my other systems. they get stored under Users\username\Documents.

Checking the actual D drive the folder named Documents does not exist as it does on my other machines.

Never had this issue before and I cant find a way to fix this or find any resources to help.

hoping someone can help me to fix this. the windows version i have is 2004 Home edition.

Thanks

:)

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Sep 27, 2020
  3. Change where new content is saved.

Hello Martin,

We apologize for the late reply.

Windows 10 lets you easily change the default Save location for Documents, Music, Picture and Video files. For steps on how to organize your preferred setting, follow these steps:

• Open Start Menu.
    • Click Settings, then System settings.
    • Click on Storage in the left pane.
    • Scroll down a bit and find Save locations.
    • There you will see New documents will save to setting and similar settings for Music, Pictures & Videos.
    • Select the location from the drop-down menu.

For Windows 10 Creators Update v1703, you need to navigate as follows:

Settings > System > Storage
    > Change where new content is saved.

Tip: If you are suffering from the low space issues after upgrading, you can use these technique to move Documents and other personal folders from the default system drive to another drive.

Feel free to post back if further assistance is needed.

Lawrence Lib, Sep 27, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Changing administrator for new windows 10 laptop

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

To change the Account type follow the steps.

• Press Windows + X, click on User Accounts.

• Click on change your account type.

• Select standard account.

To delete the account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Select the user account.

• Click on Delete the account.

To create the new user account follow the steps.

• Click on Manage other Account.

• Click on Add A new user in PC setting.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. Change where new content is stored - Similar Threads - Change where content

2. Change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Change where new content is saved: I can't set new apps saved to windows d drive and all it says is 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-where-new-content-is-saved/864a6e53-e024-4ff0-85a5-99e293095c57
  3. Changing where new content is saved.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Changing where new content is saved.: When I try to change where new content is saved it says "The operation did not complete successfully. Try again in a bit. The error code is 0x80070005." Any tips on how to fix this?...
  4. change where new content is saved

in Windows 10 Customization
    change where new content is saved: so I got Forza Horizon 4 on the Xbox app a few months back, and when I try to install the game it gives me two options, to install it on my C:/ drive SSD, or on my D:/ drive HDD. I have to install it on my D:/ drive because there is no more space on my C:/ drive, but then it...
  5. "Change where new content is stored" vs. Manually specifying folders

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Change where new content is stored" vs. Manually specifying folders: I've seen a similar question here before, but nothing explaining the difference/reason to prefer one method over the other. I am setting up a fresh install on an SSD with 2 partitions, one for OS one for data. Traditionally I have moved most user folders by replicating the...
  6. Change where the new content is saved

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Change where the new content is saved: I cannot change the drive where new applications should be installed. Error code 0x80070005 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-where-the-new-content-is-saved/6e5995b8-a124-4d44-911e-93b3087d43ed
  7. Change where new content is saved

Change where new content is saved: After doing a full reset of my pc to fix the Xbox game bar, I've been trying to d the games again but it only lets me download them onto my local disk instead of the storage I have put in. when I try to change this in setting it comes up with error code 0x80070005....
  8. Change where new content is saved.

Change where new content is saved.: I have a new Laptop, 2 drives, OS and DATA. I want all my files that would be stored under user's downloads, pictures, documents etc to be automatically stored on the DATA drive, leaving me space for my apps on OS. Any ideas how I do this as the settings for changing where...
  9. Change where new content is stored doesn't work

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change where new content is stored doesn't work: I have a brand new Dell G7 laptop, Windows 10 version 1909 OS Build 18363.778. Using Settings - System - Storage - Change where new content is stored, I changed where apps, music, photos, and movies are stored, from C: to D: No error message. However, new content is still...
  10. Cannot "change where new content is saved"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot "change where new content is saved": Microsoft has been updating so often that when one update notice has cleared, another shows up by the end of the day. That said... 2 weeks ago, all of my files starting saving to disk C when they should be saving to disk D. I spotted it today & have spent the morning moving...