Windows 10: Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen

Discus and support Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I hate the toast notification popup in the lower right corner of the screen. That is the area it seems that I always need to click when in forums etc.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by kbz1960, May 22, 2015.

1. kbz1960 Win User

Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen

I hate the toast notification popup in the lower right corner of the screen. That is the area it seems that I always need to click when in forums etc. and it's always in the way when I have something open that receives a lot of them.

Is there anyway to move where they popup like to the top right or left of the screen?

Thanks

:)

kbz1960, May 22, 2015

2. Nokia Lumia 928 messaging

I was wondering if the Lumia 928 can receive toast notifications not unlike an email notification, where it stays on the lock screen with a message icon and a little number. Any help?

Emile_Vukel, May 22, 2015
  3. LCRT Win User
    Lumia 820: Not getting tile and toast notification from Facebook for comments , likes and birthday notification

You don't get toast notifications for those things with the builtin integration.

If you want tile notifications, they appear in the Me tile. Do you have that pinned to the start screen?

For toast notifications you will need the Facebook app and configure it to display the toast notifications, they're not on by default.

4. Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen

Try fine tuning notifications so you don't get so many (Settings > System > Notifications)
    You might also change the advanced option on each notification you decide to keep - turn off the banner notification (I think this might be what you want short of changing where it is displayed, not sure)

I don't know of any way to change where these are displayed though.

Slartybart, May 22, 2015
  5. kbz1960 Win User
    Thanks. I kind of like getting them but not in that location lol. I imagine it's a good location for a tablet but it isn't for a desktop for me anyway. I'll just turn them off.

kbz1960, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen

1. Change where toast notifications are on the desktop screen - Similar Threads - Change where toast

2. Windows Toast Notifications Issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Toast Notifications Issue: [ATTACH] Hi, First-time poster here so hoping this is the correct forum for this and I've followed the rules (I believe I have!) Would be very grateful for any assistance at all with this issue as it's driving my colleague and I up the wall currently. Description of issue...
  3. Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast

in Windows 10 Customization
    Issues with the Bitlocker Notification Toast: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 1909 (Buid 18363.1256), I rolled back from 20H2 (to many problems). This issue was already there before I had made the upgrade. When I plugged in my WD External Hard Drive wich is protected by Bitlocker, I get that small notification toast at the...
  4. Toast Notifications Don't Dissapear

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Toast Notifications Don't Dissapear: When I receive a toast notification from the action center, it does not leave my screen, despite the fact that I have the setting for them to go away after 5 seconds. When I click on the notification to dismiss it, it brings me to the desktop which means If I am watching...
  5. Change Notification Toast Location

Change Notification Toast Location: I've scoured the internet to find a way to change the Notification Location for Windows 10. The closest thing I've found is this post: https://winaero.com/blog/move-notification-toasts-to-top-or-bottom-of-the-screen-in-windows-10/ However, since a certain Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area

Windows 10 Notification (Toast?) Area: My notifications have moved from bottom right to near top left. I have seen ways to restore them by using regedit to change one of the key settings, but why did this happen? Has there been an unwanted update? I'll leave the registry as it is for the moment in case there is...
  7. Where is the registry key to FORCE toast notifications ON

Where is the registry key to FORCE toast notifications ON: [ATTACH] I need the reg key to force this settings, I can make the setting available but not force it to on for users https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/where-is-the-registry-key-to-force-toast/f5856275-15b5-433c-af40-db023e17b850
  8. Windows 10 Toast notification

Windows 10 Toast notification: The details are simple: If anyone knows a way to move toast notifications without moving the taskbar (which by the way does not work all the time) then please let me know. It is so frustrating in borderless gaming and working at the office when the notification pops up in...
  9. How to change toast notifications position?

How to change toast notifications position?: For some reason after the last Windows update the toast notification is popping up right in the middle of my screen as I am working. I didn't mind it popping up on the bottom right and disappearing but now for some reason it is popping up dead center of my screen. I have to...
  10. Help for change Position Toast Notifications windows 10

Help for change Position Toast Notifications windows 10: hi My windows 10 Build 10240 i want change position Toast Notifications Windows from Bottom to Top. [img] Please help me! because have problem with position. 29104