Windows 10: Change win 10 user name

Discus and support Change win 10 user name in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Danny1801 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/i0ur6g/change_win_10_user_name/ Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Danny1801, Jul 30, 2020.

1. Change win 10 user name

/u/Danny1801, Jul 30, 2020

2. How to change User name on Windows 10

Hi Davit,

I will certainly help you in changing the User name on Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to change the User name:

• Press Windows logo + R keys to open the run command, type
      netplwiz
      and click on Ok.
    • On the Users tab, click on Properties to change the user name and then click on
      Apply.
    Kindly get back to us for any further assistance on Windows 10. We will be glad to help.

Thank you.

Sudeep Aprameyan, Jul 30, 2020
  3. user name change

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the description, I understand that you are facing some issues using Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps given below and check if that helps.

• Press Windows + X key.

• Click on control panel.

• Click on user accounts.

• Click on change your account name.
    Change the name as per your according and restart the computer.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jul 30, 2020
  4. Change win 10 user name

user name change

There is no option in Win 10 User Accounts to change the name that appears on the Windows log in screen.

alan sears, Jul 30, 2020
Thema:

Change win 10 user name

1. Change win 10 user name - Similar Threads - Change user name

2. Change User Name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Change User Name: A few years back we had to get our computer fixed.The repair guy was great, fixed the computer but he incorrectly spelt my husband's User name should be Paul. It's been bugging me ever since.Is there anyway I can change/amend this?...
  3. 09/2022 Win 11 user name change

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    09/2022 Win 11 user name change: It is now September 2022. My laptop is updated with the latest version of win 11You can change the current user name only through netplwiz BUT the value for the path C:\Users\OldName\Documents is NOT updated!Trivial, NOI am migrating from an old laptop to a new laptop where I...
  4. Change user name

in Windows 10 Customization
    Change user name: Hi, When I configured a machine, by mistake I used "tecni" as username. Is it possible to change it without losing configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/change-user-name/64a4988d-997c-488f-84b7-f2a47dd34836
  5. Changing user name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing user name: I have installed windows 10 on my virtual machine recently, and my user name shows "Abhij" which is a part of my name "Abhijith kalwakol", I had this issue so I changed my name on the Microsoft account page to "Abhi k" and reinstalled a new Windows 10 virtual machine, but...
  6. Change of user name

Change of user name: Hello, I use Office 365 and Windows 10 pro. My problem is as follows: 1) When I install Windows onto my PC, somewhere along the process you are asked to fill in your user name. I do that using my own name, like "first name" space "last name". Later that name is visible...
  7. Change user name and user folder name

Change user name and user folder name: My Lenovo/Windows setup has chosen a stupid user name for me, shortened from the first letters of my MS account ID. How do I safely change my user name on my PC, and more importantly, my c:\users\user folder name whilst maintaining my Windows account name for logging in etc?...
  8. changing user name

changing user name: I usually use my first name as a user name. On a new computer with Windows 10, the setup required a Microsoft account set up with email address and abbreviated the user name to the first part of the email address. So now I have an incorrect user name on this computer and...
  9. Win 10 changed my user name (Mail issue?)

in Browsers and Email
    Win 10 changed my user name (Mail issue?): I am looking around Windows 10 after my Win 7 upgrade. I opened the Mail tile and thought I would give it a try. I put 3 accounts into it, one being my Hotmail account. I have decided I will not be using Mail and will stick to my usual routine. I deleted 2 accounts but...
  10. Change User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Change User Name: Hi all. I'd like to change the user name still in the picture to something else. How do I go about doing that? Going to bed now. Will check tomorrow afternoon. TIA, Steven [img] 77239