Windows 10: Change Win Key for Virtual Desktop

Discus and support Change Win Key for Virtual Desktop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I love using virtual desktop however, the use of the Win key is giving me a lot of grief. A second program I utilize heavily craps out when the win key... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Sine_Pi, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Change Win Key for Virtual Desktop

I love using virtual desktop however, the use of the Win key is giving me a lot of grief. A second program I utilize heavily craps out when the win key is pressed. It's been several months and developers are in no rush to fix this issue.

I was hoping someone knew of a registry edit that would change the Virtual Desktop change desktop shortcut away from the Win key. Please note, I'm not looking to remap the key as the issue still occurs.

submitted by /u/Sine_Pi
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Sine_Pi, Nov 5, 2019

2. Moving a running application to a different virtual desktop

To change a application from one Virtual Desktop to another you need to:

• Press Windows Key+Tab key on the desktop in which is running the application you want to move.
    • Drag the application to the desktop you want to transfer. To transfer you need to put the app on the desktop that are showen below.
    And the application is moved.

Fardin Arafat, Nov 5, 2019
  3. sirBait Win User
    Virtual desktops

In the article you linked it says talks about 4 goals Microsoft has with virtual desktops:

• Give you more desktop space to group related windows
    • Help you quickly locate and switch to any window or group of windows
    • Let you easily re-organize your groups and move windows as tasks evolve
    • Keep you in control of the degree of separation between your grouped windows
    Not being able to control what desktop the program opens on really doesn't fit in with these goals.

Give me one good reason for why it is suppose force me to change virtual desktop when I open a program, just one good reason and I will consider to drop the issue. To me this sounds like virtual desktops isn't ready yet and you refuse to acknowledge that
    there are bugs, because this makes it very hard to work with multiply virtual desktops.

sirBait, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Change Win Key for Virtual Desktop

virtual desktops programs shortcuts

He meant the new virtual desktop function of win 10... not virtual machine...

Jonas Schumacher, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Change Win Key for Virtual Desktop

1. Change Win Key for Virtual Desktop - Similar Threads - Change Key Virtual

2. Virtual Desktop controls - Win 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Desktop controls - Win 10: My desktop PC has two screens in extended mode and filled with icons and folders, most are shortcuts. How do I create a virtual desktop that is blank and only shows the icons and folders I need for that VD particular purpose? I want to set up desktops that are project...
  3. Virtual Desktop controls - Win 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Virtual Desktop controls - Win 10: My desktop PC has two screens in extended mode and filled with icons and folders, most are shortcuts. How do I create a virtual desktop that is blank and only shows the icons and folders I need for that VD particular purpose? I want to set up desktops that are project...
  4. Virtual Desktop controls - Win 10

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. In virtual desktop change, it changes on the 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In virtual desktop change, it changes on the 2nd monitor.: Hello all,I am using 2 monitors. I created a virtual desktop on the 1st monitor. But when I make a virtual desktop change it changes on my second monitor. I just want my 1st monitor to change and my 2nd monitor to stay fixed. Because I am using applications on the 2nd...
  6. In virtual desktop change, it changes on the 2nd monitor.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In virtual desktop change, it changes on the 2nd monitor.: Hello all,I am using 2 monitors. I created a virtual desktop on the 1st monitor. But when I make a virtual desktop change it changes on my second monitor. I just want my 1st monitor to change and my 2nd monitor to stay fixed. Because I am using applications on the 2nd...
  7. Windows Key stuck after virtual desktop switch win + Left/Right

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Key stuck after virtual desktop switch win + Left/Right: Hello, Whenever I switch between virtual desktops with they keyboard shortcuts the windows key is "stuck" down and I need to spam it a few times to "fix" it. this has been going on for years on my system, even after a fresh install. Requesting assistance. Currently running:...
  8. Win key+tab, virtual desktop and timeline changed its background from a slight transparent...

Win key+tab, virtual desktop and timeline changed its background from a slight transparent...: It went from this-> [ATTACH] To this-> [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/win-keytab-virtual-desktop-and-timeline-changed/ab0546e3-a3ea-422a-963e-b477287782b7
  9. Animation speed for changing virtual desktops?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Animation speed for changing virtual desktops?: Is there a way to change the animation speed when programs maximize / minimize from the taskbar and / or when changing virtual desktops? No, I do not want to speed up how fast menus are displayed and I do not want to disable these animation all together. Thank you in...
  10. Virtual Desktop Changing Unwanted

Virtual Desktop Changing Unwanted: While away from my desktop, the virtual desktop will change from the main desktop (1) to my secondary desktop (2) Ill leave it on desktop 1 when i leave for work and come back to desktop 2, nothing will be running on desktop 2 but ill come back and it will be showing my...