Windows 10: Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?

Discus and support Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was wondering if it's possible to change this default keybind. I use it a lot but the Win key gets in the way of my gaming and I'm planning on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/VirtualDetail, Feb 20, 2021.

1. Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?

I was wondering if it's possible to change this default keybind. I use it a lot but the Win key gets in the way of my gaming and I'm planning on disabling the key. I tried creating a shortcut for Snip & Sketch but it only works when not playing a game (on the desktop), and I use the Snip and Sketch keybind for all applications. Any help would be appreciated.

submitted by /u/VirtualDetail
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/VirtualDetail, Feb 20, 2021

2. Snip & Sketch - Windows key stays "hot"

I am finding that when I use Snip & Sketch via Win-Shift-S, then after capturing my snip, it is as if I have continued to have my Windows key depressed.

For example, Win-A brings up the notification screen. Here is what happens for me when I use Snip & Sketch:

Win-Shift-S (screen goes dark)

Draw box

Get notification that snip has been taken.

Press the "A" button

Notifications screen opens.

Any keyboard button I press from that point on brings up whatever Win+(that key) would do. The only way to get it to stop is to press the Win key twice.

Is it just me?

GlennSimpson, Feb 20, 2021
  3. TAS3086 Win User
    Snip and Sketch

Snip and Sketch operation changed after recent update applied.

(1) PrtScn, and WIN+shift+S will start the selection type process, allows me to select an area, then ends when I click on the area. It does not enter the sketch mode.

(2) If I start the snip and sketch app, it goes to the sketch app, allows me to select NEW, which starts the above process (1), and returns the selection to sketch mode.

Before the update, option 1 used to return the selection to sketch mode. How do I get back to the old method?

TAS3086, Feb 20, 2021
  4. Gen Test Win User

Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?

Automatically open Snip & Sketch editor after using snipping tool with Win+Shift+S

You can open the Snip & Sketch app directly in "new" mode by right-clicking the app (on either the Start Menu App List, on the pinned tile, or on the Task Bar) and select "Take a new snip" from the Jump List menu.

The Clipboard History feature (October 2018 update) will save and list all items sent to the clipboard, including any snips. These items can then be accessed through Win+V. The hotkey will also take you to the setup for Clipboard History if the feature is not enabled.

As for your other concerns, I am not sure of how to open editor automatically after sniping using the hotkeys. But the following information could be of use.

If you take a snip using Shift+Win+S, the Snip & Sketch App's notification should be accessible at the top of the Action/Notification Center side bar even if there's no pop-up. The Notification Center can be accessed through Win+A or through the Notification icon at the end of the task bar (Windows Tips). Clicking on the Snip & Sketch's notification there will launch the editor with the latest snip.

You could thus use Shift+Win+S for a snip, then Win+A and click on the notification to launch editing.

Gen Test, Feb 20, 2021
Thema:

Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind?

1. Change Win + Shift + S default Snip & Sketch key bind? - Similar Threads - Change Shift default

2. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  3. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.: I reinstalled Windows 10 because couldn't find a solution for this problem, after clean installing windows 10 the app Snip & Sketch worked perfectly for weeks but then I mistakenly updated the app in the windows app store. I wanted to update skype not the snip & sketch app...
  4. Snip & Sketch WIN + SHIFT + S doesn't work.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]: When I use CTRL SHIFT S or PRINT SCREEN and take a screenshot with Windows' tool; a part of the tool's GUI does not go away.There is still a thin blue ribbon on the final screenshot.Here is the aforementioned tool and it's GUI:Here is an image that is void of the problem I've...
  6. Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]: When I use CTRL SHIFT S or PRINT SCREEN and take a screenshot with Windows' tool; a part of the tool's GUI does not go away.There is still a thin blue ribbon on the final screenshot.Here is the aforementioned tool and it's GUI:Here is an image that is void of the problem I've...
  7. Windows 10 Snip & Sketch Glitch [WIN+SHIFT+S / PRNTSCRN]

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win + Shift +S snip changes dimensions: I want my snip to have the same dimensions/resolution as the original area which isn't the case. At 100% zoom it is still about 2x the size than the original capture. Example done in Illustrator: https://imgur.com/a/MFyXNTr (original square to the left, screenshot to the...
  9. Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to disable the fade-in with the Sketch & Snip tool (when Win+Shift+S is...: Hi all! Like many people right now, I'm working remotely via Remote Desktop. Everything has been wonderful and smooth for a long time while using Win10 1607 LTSB (which pre-dates the new Sketch & Snip screen capture tool). I got a new machine this week with Win10 1909 on it....
  10. Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Win+Shift+S stops working Snip & Sketch: After 4-5 successful screenshots the Win+Shift+S shortcuts stops working. It is so convenient to use it, please help! It happened just after upgrade of Windows 10 to "Windows 10 May 2020 Update" Event Viewer in Polish, but English version has the same fields: Opis Ścieżka...