Windows 10: Change Win10 1909 screen resolution for real

Discus and support Change Win10 1909 screen resolution for real in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a PC that works amazingly well at 1920x1080, but it's normally going to be connected to a 4k monitor, and while it thinks it can handle 2160p,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SilverbackNet, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Change Win10 1909 screen resolution for real

I have a PC that works amazingly well at 1920x1080, but it's normally going to be connected to a 4k monitor, and while it thinks it can handle 2160p, it actually constantly shows corruption. Up until 1909 this wasn't a problem, it's easy to change the resolution. (And yes, done a clean install, BIOS update, latest drivers, etc.)

But in 1909, the resolution slider is fake now. It doesn't actually change the resolution, doesn't even blank out, it just changes scaling. Super cool technology, bro, except it means that this janky PC has constant display corruption all over the place, and it's extremely distracting.

Other than buying a 1080p monitor just for it, is there any way to change the real resolution for good? Even a registry hack.

submitted by /u/SilverbackNet
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SilverbackNet, Apr 15, 2020
  2. NafrCar Win User

Screen resolution problem on Dell laptop after installing Win10!

I was upgrade to Win10 yesterday,and yes I saw that tutorial but the problem is that I don't have option to change resolution higher than 1024x768.The same resolution is "List all modes" option.On Win7 everything is working fine and I was able to change resolution to 1920x1080.

NafrCar, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Screen Resolution too big

Hello,

Firstly, try to install all the available Windows Updates and check if it fixes the issue.

I suggest you to change the screen resolution settings and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key and type Change Screen Resolution and click on the option listed.
    • Under resolution try changing the resolution settings.

Also try to install the latest drivers from the manufacturer website and check.

Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 15, 2020
  4. jhearcht Win User

Change Win10 1909 screen resolution for real

Win10 screen resolution

I recently upgraded my new Dell Inspiron mini-tower from Win8.1 to Win10. I noticed that icons on the desktop were chopped-off on the left side of the screen. So I tried various screen resolutions to make the display better fit the 17" monitor. Win10 kept suggesting that the normal resolution was 2040x1152, but the identical display on my old XP computer is at 1280x1024. When I finally tried the suggested resolution, the screen went black and only an error message was seen : "analog input. Windows cannot display this resolution". Unfortunately, with no display I was unable to go back to the original resolution. So I ended up wiping the hard drive and reinstalling Win8.1 before I could upgrade again to Win10.

Now I'm back to square one. And the icons are still chopped off. I tried the display slider at 125% scale, but that didn't help. I would appreciate any suggestions for getting my monitor to display all of the content without getting too small, or slicing off the edges. As I said before 1280x1024 looks good on XP. Thanks for your support.

jhearcht, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Change Win10 1909 screen resolution for real

1. Change Win10 1909 screen resolution for real - Similar Threads - Change Win10 1909

2. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  3. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<": Hello, today I have a small problem but it makes me crazy I have searched everywhere and can find a solution to it. my laptop Latitude E7470 i5 6th Gen. Screen resolution was 1980 x 1080 recommended and it was fine, but I have been installing Ubuntu for a short time and...
  4. Native Resolution Screen Resolution Changed by it self>,<"

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Change screen resolution

Change screen resolution: Since I installed Win 10 (over Win 7) icons JPGs are distorted- too wide The res recommended for this monitor is not available when I go to personalize on the desktop....
  6. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: I have a laptop running Windows 10 and screen resolution of 800*600. I’d like to increase this resolution so that I will be able to watch some programs. Before the upgrade I used Ubuntu and Windows 8 on this computer and didn’t have any problems with changing resolution...
  7. change screen resolution

change screen resolution: how do I change my screen resolution ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/change-screen-resolution/34c8b5fe-01c1-4a31-bb33-5f496e03e8b9
  8. Win10 screen resolution

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Win10 screen resolution: I recently upgraded my new Dell Inspiron mini-tower from Win8.1 to Win10. I noticed that icons on the desktop were chopped-off on the left side of the screen. So I tried various screen resolutions to make the display better fit the 17" monitor. Win10 kept suggesting that the...
  9. Screen resolution will not change

Screen resolution will not change: My screen resolution is currently 1024 x 768, but needs to be 2048 x 1536. It will not change when I go to settings, I merely get a message that says "Input not Support". When I tried the help online, it said I need to update the graphics driver, but two attempts to do so...
  10. How to change resolution in Win10

How to change resolution in Win10: Hi, This is my first post in Win10 after much help in the Win 7 forum. How do I change the resolution in Win 10 64? And, how do I access help in this OS? As info: I'm old fashioned, so I got rid of all of those blue "apps" that are in the START menu. Perhaps there...