Windows 10: Change window border width back to 1 pixel under high contrast

Discus and support Change window border width back to 1 pixel under high contrast in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Windows defaults to thick window borders using the high contrast mode. How can I change it back to just 1 pixel width which is the default under non... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by illuminator3, Feb 9, 2016.

1. Change window border width back to 1 pixel under high contrast

Windows defaults to thick window borders using the high contrast mode. How can I change it back to just 1 pixel width which is the default under non high contrast modes?

:)

illuminator3, Feb 9, 2016

2. change the thickness of the window frames in Windows 10.

Your two options are to go to Start :: Settings :: Personalization :: Color and choose a more vibrant color for the 1 pixel window border or if that's not your speed you can use the High Contrast Themes as your base theme. That will get you back to the
    old 10 pixel wide style of border. Change window border width back to 1 pixel under high contrast :)

zachd [MSFT], Feb 9, 2016
  3. How can I create a custom desktop theme?

Border width is not an exposed customizable property of the theme. That's kind of an intricate setting. The default for Windows 10 is one pixel visible with ten pixels active "grabbable" space. If you like ten pixels visible/10 pixels grabbable space,
    you can switch to the High Contrast theme.

No. Those are not supported for customization any fashion: those are system files required to get and keep your system up and running.

zachd [MSFT], Feb 9, 2016
Thema:

Change window border width back to 1 pixel under high contrast

1. Change window border width back to 1 pixel under high contrast - Similar Threads - Change window border

2. 1 pixel border around menus and thick borders

in Windows 10 Customization
    1 pixel border around menus and thick borders: Hey,I recently got a problem where my taskbar menus got a 1 pixel border, and the Windows Settings menu has a very thick border. Control Panel menus are even weirder than the Settings menu. I've fixed this temporarily repeatedly by switching to another preset Windows theme...
  3. High contrast changed to cmd

High contrast changed to cmd: High contrast shortcut Alt + Left Shift + Print screen changed to cmd when I typed this in cmdadmin "reg add "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\sethc.exe" /v "Debugger" /t REG_SZ /d "C:\windows\system32\cmd.exeI...
  4. how to change border widths under win10 pro

how to change border widths under win10 pro: Hi y'all, how do you change border widths under win10 pro? Brgds https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-change-border-widths-under-win10-pro/d77f8676-54c5-4948-9355-a716f7654841
  5. Remove the white 1px border in high contrast mode?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove the white 1px border in high contrast mode?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/ayy_-_lmao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fnvpsr/remove_the_white_1px_border_in_high_contrast_mode/
  6. How to change the default border (purple) when using High Contrast

How to change the default border (purple) when using High Contrast: so had to set my computer to high contrast to be able to set my default colors. got everything good except that the border is a garish purple. i searched the net, found a few programs (that didn't work) and also searched the registry. can someone from microsoft tell me how...
  7. Windows 10 stuck on High Contrast #1 Theme

Windows 10 stuck on High Contrast #1 Theme: Windows 10 version 1803 always boots up with the High Contrast #1 Theme set? *Shock note 1:Themes were working fine up to the version 1709 update? *chuckle note 2: I was forced to re-install after a crashed disk and again themes worked fine up until version 1709. This is a...
  8. Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast

Title Bar and Border Color for High Contrast: I have High Contrast enabled in Win10. The active title bar and borders are purple while the inactive title bar and border is dark blue. Can this be changed? 115988
  9. 1 pixel wide border outside windows in High Contrast

1 pixel wide border outside windows in High Contrast: Greetings, I'm having a sort of an issue with window borders with custom High Contrast themes. I'm trying to create a dark theme based off an existing one I've found that could be used without patching any system files, hence why it uses High Contrast to get custom colors....
  10. How to remove 1-pixel border around active window

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove 1-pixel border around active window: [img] 60192